Which plugins are on your stereo bus? Why?

How to do this, that and the other. Share, learn, teach. How did X do that? How can I sound like Y?
RELATED
PRODUCTS

supercharger gt
waves c6
limiter

Cytomic the glue and that's it .

a loop recorder.

Pre Production Cubase brickwall, Post mixer kiloHearts free gain.

Post Ozone 8.

It's such a bad habit to saturate the master bus with processing plugins.
If not anything else, it's wise to have bounced out mixes of your projects for any compilations, rereleases, whatever.

fedexnman wrote: Sun Feb 10, 2019 6:22 pm Cytomic the glue and that's it .
I've gotten great mixes with just the Glue on my master bus before. It's really a great bus compressor!

However lately I've been enjoying the sound of Presswerk on my Bus along with Satin.
:borg:

vurt wrote: Sun Feb 10, 2019 6:27 pm a loop recorder.
oh, i see you wanted a reason.
to record the live audio straight to two track :)

V0RT3X wrote: Sun Feb 10, 2019 7:12 pm
I've gotten great mixes with just the Glue on my master bus before. It's really a great bus compressor!

However lately I've been enjoying the sound of Presswerk on my Bus along with Satin.
I may have to demo those , both U-he ?

fedexnman wrote: Sun Feb 10, 2019 7:14 pm

I may have to demo those , both U-he ?
Yah they're both U-he products.

Presswerk is kind of a swiss army knife compressor/limiter that can do lots of vintage style compression sounds and Satin is a Studio Tape emulation that adds presence and "Warmth" to your sound. Satin also doubles as a tape effect which it does fairly well too.

If you're not on the U-he train, now might be the best time to demo them with the Native instruments sale going on. For $270.38 USD you get 4 of their effects (Including Satin and Presswerk) and Diva and Repro. It's pretty crazy.

https://www.native-instruments.com/en/s ... 9/#c910821

+1 for the U-he. both are amazing plugins.

I've gotten great mixes with just the Glue on my master bus before. It's really a great bus compressor!..
+1 The Glue is really nice for glue :tu:

Usually only about 4 instances of ProL, however this has been known to reach 6. Why waste time compressing or EQing when you can just slam it into a limiter in order to correct mix issues.
"I was wondering if you'd like to try Magic Mushrooms"
"Oooh I dont know. Sounds a bit scary"
"It's not scary. You just lose a sense of who you are and all that sh!t"

Mushy Mushy wrote: Sun Feb 10, 2019 7:30 pm Usually only about 4 instances of ProL, however this has been known to reach 6. Why waste time compressing or EQing when you can just slam it into a limiter in order to correct mix issues.
crank up the faders and slap on Pro-L

lol definitely the way to go if you want to compete with the other soundcloud bros

That's the way to do it. Don't forget the stereo phaser!

now it only needs a compressor with too high of a threshold

Return to “Production Techniques”