How do you like this Albino3 Skin

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Love it! More modern and much easier on the eyes than the original, while still maintaining the original feel. :love:

AnX wrote: Mon Jan 21, 2019 4:28 pm im sure if Rich liked it he might even give you an nfr version :wink:
I've been trying to get the two together for quite some time. I really like ENV1's style and obviously really like Dune 3 so the combination makes perfect sense to me. :tu:
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

anyone who wants to sell his albino to me?

I think im about ready to wrap this up but id like to hear your opinion on something first.

Should the default be the fully extended UI or the original size-switching UI?

There are pros and cons to both.

Extended Pro: Albino would never switch size and therefore not make any problems in hosts that either dont resize properly or dont resize at all.

Extended Con: The UI would be circa 95 pixels taller at all times.

Original Pro: You can make the UI circa 95 pixels shorter should screen-space be scarce.

Original Con: The size-switching makes problems in many hosts, it might either not work properly or not work at all.

So just let me know what you think, i figure if nobody wants the size-switching anyway i need not bother making 2 sets.

PS: Was there a mac version? If so i need to prepare a single-images set too.

Yes, there's a Mac version.

TrekStar wrote: Mon Jan 21, 2019 9:31 pm anyone who wants to sell his albino to me?
Albino3 is a classic, good sounding, low cpu consuming,feature rich, 4 preset layering monster of a synth. good luck getting someone to part with it. :hihi:
HW SYNTHS [KORG T2EX - AKAI AX80 - YAMAHA SY77 - ENSONIQ VFX]
HW MODULES [OBi M1000 - ROLAND MKS-50 - ROLAND JV880 - KURZ 1000PX]
SW [CHARLATAN - OBXD - OXE - ELEKTRO - MICROTERA - M1 - SURGE - RMiV]
DAW [ENERGY XT2/1U RACK WINXP / MAUDIO 1010LT PCI]

Not sure about Windows, but it's been 64bit on Mac since v3.1.2 (released around 2013?).

Almost forgot about this...

(Made a skin for another plugin in the meantime, which was fun because i had (almost) full control over sizes and positions. :))

Anyway, thanks for the info about the mac. I will add a single-image archive then too so the mac people can use it as well. (Like i said, Win folks will get the usual Images.res) As to the skin itself, i think i will just leave it as it is so the reds look at least halfways consistent across the plugin. (I tried fooling around with the HSL a bit but in my judgement it all just made it look worse/inconsistent.) Also since nobody seemed to care either way i think i will also make it non-switching by default in order to eliminate any potential problems with the resizing. (Which even some of the more sophisticated hosts have, e.g. REAPER.) However, for those who absolutely want the resizing i will pack an additional background image in the archive so they can use that instead.

Anything you want to say/mention/suggest, do it now because im ready to ZIP everything up and upload it.

Nice gui.

HW SYNTHS [KORG T2EX - AKAI AX80 - YAMAHA SY77 - ENSONIQ VFX]
HW MODULES [OBi M1000 - ROLAND MKS-50 - ROLAND JV880 - KURZ 1000PX]
SW [CHARLATAN - OBXD - OXE - ELEKTRO - MICROTERA - M1 - SURGE - RMiV]
DAW [ENERGY XT2/1U RACK WINXP / MAUDIO 1010LT PCI]

I would like to buy a copy too if anyone wants to sell me a copy lol

@ENV1
How can i get a copy?

At the moment not at all.

Problem is that some time ago i lost the ability to upload stuff to the resource-areas of any of KVRs product-pages. Cause unknown, attachments to posts still work as normal. I have sought help down in the Site Stuff forum, but so far none of the folks who run this place replied to my inquiry. The only 2 options i therefore have at this point are to either share via some filehost as i did in the beginning, (which would mean it would be offsite and non-permanent again), or to avail myself of the assistance of a fellow forum member, which is probably what im going to do should my thread in Site Stuff remain unreplied to. (Teksonik indicated that he would be willing to upload for me the CamelSpace UI i made in the meantime so i assume he wouldnt mind uploading this one too.) In any event, i will make a new thread as soon as the skin is downloadable.

Ok.
Reality is a Condition due to Lack of Weed!

Return to “Instruments”