Waldorf Quantum - 8-voice hybrid synth

Anything about hardware musical instruments.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

pdxindy wrote: Fri Feb 01, 2019 1:03 am I got that email too... unfortunately, have not gotten the Quantum yet! :lol:
:lol: :lol: :lol:

2 days ago SW said I could expect my Quantum end of Feb or into March. Today I received a shipping notice! Quantum on the way!! :party:

pdxindy wrote: Fri Feb 08, 2019 7:09 pm 2 days ago SW said I could expect my Quantum end of Feb or into March. Today I received a shipping notice! Quantum on the way!! :party:
Very nice, you'll love it :tu:

rob_lee wrote: Fri Feb 08, 2019 7:11 pm
pdxindy wrote: Fri Feb 08, 2019 7:09 pm 2 days ago SW said I could expect my Quantum end of Feb or into March. Today I received a shipping notice! Quantum on the way!! :party:
Very nice, you'll love it :tu:
It is now sitting in front of me... what a beautiful synth!

The Quantum has a great workflow! Even with such a complex synth, it has not felt at all intimidating and without looking at the manual, it is easy to do sound design. Very impressive UI!

pdxindy wrote: Sat Feb 16, 2019 7:30 am The Quantum has a great workflow! Even with such a complex synth, it has not felt at all intimidating and without looking at the manual, it is easy to do sound design. Very impressive UI!
Yep it's not intimidating at all, everything is there in front of you it's really hands on. Quantum makes for a good light show too at night haha. :lol:

rob_lee wrote: Sat Feb 16, 2019 3:40 pm
pdxindy wrote: Sat Feb 16, 2019 7:30 am The Quantum has a great workflow! Even with such a complex synth, it has not felt at all intimidating and without looking at the manual, it is easy to do sound design. Very impressive UI!
Yep it's not intimidating at all, everything is there in front of you it's really hands on. Quantum makes for a good light show too at night haha. :lol:
Indeed :)

Plus the lights are pleasantly informative!

pdxindy wrote: Sat Feb 16, 2019 3:41 pm

PS

It's fun resampling the outputs of Quantum and making some nice patches :tu:

rob_lee wrote: Sat Feb 16, 2019 3:44 pm
pdxindy wrote: Sat Feb 16, 2019 3:41 pm

PS

It's fun resampling the outputs of Quantum and making some nice patches :tu:
Thanks for the reminder... I look forward to trying that!

This is such a great synth! The sound is better than I expected and the workflow is outstanding... truly exceptional workflow.

pdxindy wrote: Sun Feb 17, 2019 8:39 pm This is such a great synth! The sound is better than I expected and the workflow is outstanding... truly exceptional workflow.
Check out the sequencer it's f**king class mate. I haven't even scratched the surface of mine yet, bit by bit I'm finding amazing things and yeah the sound is fantastic :tu:

Waldorf released the 1.3.0 update. It has a bunch of refinements and fixes. Most significantly, it has a new dirty analog filter type for both the 12 and 24 filters. It adds lots of character and grit! You can also pan (mod target) the filter output per voice to create more movement and space. Very nice additions!

Oh this is a very nice update! Now the arpeggiator is only applied to notes received from the MIDI input, when using the keyboard in 'Local Off' mode. Now I can just leave the keyboard set to Local Off!
It's also very nice to have panning parameters for the filters.

I’m really GASsing for this thing. Unfortunately (or fortunately) I simply don’t have the space for something that big anymore. It’s a shame, because I could probably sell my Q and Blofeld to help fund it too. Ah well, maybe someday.
Incomplete list of my gear: 1/8" audio input jack.

deastman wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2019 6:03 pm I’m really GASsing for this thing. Unfortunately (or fortunately) I simply don’t have the space for something that big anymore. It’s a shame, because I could probably sell my Q and Blofeld to help fund it too. Ah well, maybe someday.
Waldorf is putting in a lot of development effort. Rolf mentioned he is working on a 'dirty' wavetable mode... and of course there is the upcoming 2.0 version that has the Kernels Osc... 6 Operator FM in a single Osc!

The workflow is excellent on this synth! Fun and easy to use... and the LFO's can be really slow for evolving sounds. I often find synths just don't go slow enough for my tastes

Return to “Hardware (Instruments and Effects)”