Symphony Electric- 4th Mov.

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I wrote a new 4th movement for my Symphony Electric. It follows a quite slow and romantic movement.

https://app.box.com/s/gngu1tk52wgd1dw38arimgy1gie5w5ey

I'll also post the complete work for anyone who cares to listen.

https://soundcloud.com/fastlanephil/symphony-electric-1

cool stuff, Phil... I really like the last part.
good evening sounds to relax to :tu:
HW SYNTHS [KORG T2EX - AKAI AX80 - YAMAHA SY77 - ENSONIQ VFX]
HW MODULES [OBi M1000 - ROLAND MKS-50 - ROLAND JV880 - KURZ 1000PX]
SW [CHARLATAN - OBXD - OXE - ELEKTRO - MICROTERA - M1 - SURGE - RMiV]
DAW [ENERGY XT2/1U RACK WINXP / MAUDIO 1010LT PCI]

Thanks Lazer!

It’s definitely on the mellow side for the electronic genre. Maybe you could call it electronic pastoral. :D

It’s probably geared more for the traditional music listener.

I loved the Bladerunner-ish, sci-fi atmospherics of the first section. I also enjoyed the final section.

The middle pastoral sections were relaxing and well done but a little further from my preferred styles.

Good stuff Phil!

I like how it's ominous in the beginning and end, chill and happier in the middle. Nice contrast, cool song.

Love the harp arpeggios starting at 5m34
:tu:

Frantz wrote: Sat Feb 09, 2019 5:03 am I loved the Bladerunner-ish, sci-fi atmospherics of the first section. I also enjoyed the final section.

The middle pastoral sections were relaxing and well done but a little further from my preferred styles.

Good stuff Phil!
Thanks for commenting Frantz.

The last section replaced a weird sounding folk like piece which seemed to go over well on this forum some months ago but elsewhere a quite schooled and traditional ear found it to be puzzling. Then this new last section showed up so it got the job.

seangm wrote: Sat Feb 09, 2019 7:37 pm I like how it's ominous in the beginning and end, chill and happier in the middle. Nice contrast, cool song.
Seangm,

I’m glad you liked this one!

Bansaw wrote: Sun Feb 10, 2019 1:49 am Love the harp arpeggios starting at 5m34
:tu:
Thanks Bansaw!

I like the new 4th movement. It's a much better "wrap-up" than the section that it replaced. It's much more dramatic than the earlier 4th section and has a definite "finality" about it. I loved the brass section. It reminded me of John Barry.

Good work :)

seismic1 wrote: Sun Feb 17, 2019 11:48 pm I like the new 4th movement. It's a much better "wrap-up" than the section that it replaced. It's much more dramatic than the earlier 4th section and has a definite "finality" about it. I loved the brass section. It reminded me of John Barry.

Good work :)
Thanks seismic!

Yes, I think the old 4th section was just a place holder. I knew it wasn’t really finished. The brass part did seem soundtrack like to me also. I had to look up John Barry on YT. He does wallop you with the brass. I guess almost all action soundtrack leans toward that. Beethoven/ Wagner.

Return to “Music Cafe”