New song I'd like some opinions on (revised version)

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Honestly, reading them now, and hearing your track again, I think my words, in their boldness, sound too harsh and are rather unfair. Despite the reverb and compression, it's quite alive and contrasted. I dunno why I had this feeling of a distant wall of sound. Maybe the contrast with what I was listening to just before.

Wopelka wrote: Mon Feb 18, 2019 7:39 am Honestly, reading them now, and hearing your track again, I think my words, in their boldness, sound too harsh and are rather unfair. Despite the reverb and compression, it's quite alive and contrasted. I dunno why I had this feeling of a distant wall of sound. Maybe the contrast with what I was listening to just before.
Oh, don't worry worry about that. :tu: Like I said earlier, I've been working on this song for a while, so my ears are pretty fatigued to it, so I'm after honest opinions.

Great jam! Kinda reminds me of a soundtrack to a racing game, I think it was Burnout: Paradise but anyways, this is a 2 thumbs up from me! I dont have any criticism, everything blends so well in the mix.
This is Samuel S. I make music for fun even if it isn't music.

an-electric-heart wrote: Mon Feb 18, 2019 7:04 am
Wopelka wrote: Mon Feb 18, 2019 5:24 am I really like the song and have no useful comment to make. Or maybe this:To my hear, the overall sound is a bit too compressed, pan-centered, and maybe wetted in too much global reverb, giving the impression of a kind of distant wall of sound, if you know what I mean. I'd like to be closer and to feel the depth of the soundfield, if it means anything. That said, it's a great track.
"Too much reverb" is a common comment for all my songs... I'm guess I just listen to too much '80s music :hihi: . And interesting about the width too, I been told that before too, but unless you're talking about widening the mix at the mastering stage, I don't thing anything really can further out. And as far as compression, this whole album's going to be quieter (limiting-wise) than my last one. I really feel I've been quite conservative with the mastering... but then again, someone else also mentioned that further up. :hihi:
That's awesome news about being quieter for the next album. I really appreciate that as a listener because sounds much better not squashed. I am going to listen to this song with fresh ears soon and give feedback if you are still looking for it then.
my music: http://www.alexcooperusa.com
"It's hard to be humble, when you're as great as I am." Muhammad Ali

echo frantz, on the fuzzy overall tone. different hats maybe? the tribal drums were to verby, imo.
bass sounded a little distant and buried. i agree, vocals can be a bit more up front.
had no probs with the composition, however.... catchy as usual. i like :tu:
HW SYNTHS [KORG T2EX - AKAI AX80 - YAMAHA SY77 - ENSONIQ VFX]
HW MODULES [OBi M1000 - ROLAND MKS-50 - ROLAND JV880 - KURZ 1000PX]
SW [CHARLATAN - OBXD - OXE - ELEKTRO - MICROTERA - M1 - SURGE - RMiV]
DAW [ENERGY XT2/1U RACK WINXP / MAUDIO 1010LT PCI]

ATS wrote: Mon Feb 18, 2019 9:55 am
an-electric-heart wrote: Mon Feb 18, 2019 7:04 am
Wopelka wrote: Mon Feb 18, 2019 5:24 am I really like the song and have no useful comment to make. Or maybe this:To my hear, the overall sound is a bit too compressed, pan-centered, and maybe wetted in too much global reverb, giving the impression of a kind of distant wall of sound, if you know what I mean. I'd like to be closer and to feel the depth of the soundfield, if it means anything. That said, it's a great track.
"Too much reverb" is a common comment for all my songs... I'm guess I just listen to too much '80s music :hihi: . And interesting about the width too, I been told that before too, but unless you're talking about widening the mix at the mastering stage, I don't thing anything really can further out. And as far as compression, this whole album's going to be quieter (limiting-wise) than my last one. I really feel I've been quite conservative with the mastering... but then again, someone else also mentioned that further up. :hihi:
That's awesome news about being quieter for the next album. I really appreciate that as a listener because sounds much better not squashed. I am going to listen to this song with fresh ears soon and give feedback if you are still looking for it then.
It'll still be "modern", but not as loud as my last one. :tu:

layzer wrote: Mon Feb 18, 2019 4:14 pm echo frantz, on the fuzzy overall tone. different hats maybe? the tribal drums were to verby, imo.
bass sounded a little distant and buried. i agree, vocals can be a bit more up front.
had no probs with the composition, however.... catchy as usual. i like :tu:
Cool, you've got a point with the rototoms, I turned the verb down quite a bit and they're much clearer. I've fixed the lead vocals (turned delay effects down, then turned them up a bit), the bass shares a "small room" reverb with the guitars, so I've sent less of the synth bass to the reverb channel. Good point about the hats too, I wont change them, but, I think they can just come down a fair bit and still get through and do their job. :tu:

Hi there... just a bump for the new version.

i like the new version. it sounds good and passes my check. good job, man!

I definitely think the new version is better. :tu:

Cheers guys. I'm pretty sure this is done... I'm just not really feeling the name "Broken Hearts heal", it's the obvious one... but it makes me cringe a little. :hihi:

I love it and it sounds finished but just not sure why you turned down the guitar solo so low? Also I think the snare drum could actually use a touch more reverb.

oh just saw that. I love the title myself.

ATS wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2019 8:20 am I love it and it sounds finished but just not sure why you turned down the guitar solo so low? Also I think the snare drum could actually use a touch more reverb.
Hmmmm, what solo do you mean? The lead-break at 3:38?

an-electric-heart wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2019 7:29 am Cheers guys. I'm pretty sure this is done... I'm just not really feeling the name "Broken Hearts heal", it's the obvious one... but it makes me cringe a little. :hihi:
how about call it "I honestly Believe" ???

Return to “Music Cafe”