HGSounds Kontakt 5 Group Buy - 16/19 Products FINAL WEEK

Buy and sell, post special offers, group buys, etc. NOT product announcements.
Paul Corello
KVRist
72 posts since 23 Sep, 2003

Post Thu Feb 14, 2019 2:03 am

I suggested 'Pro', as an example, quite a while back, but if 'Advanced', which Andy has used before, or some such, would have been used, I suspect a 'gripe' would have still occurred. Maybe MKII, but it's not very saleable without MKI; at the time, Andy was after sales and came up with an enhanced version of Succession, which grew with more ideas and he needed to get to market asap. Having followed this forum, I knew what he meant and had produced and I wanted it, whatever it's name!

jbraner
KVRian
875 posts since 8 Jan, 2003

Re: HGSounds Kontakt 5 Group Buy - 9/18 Products so far

Post Thu Feb 14, 2019 2:12 am

Maybe "Plus" is a little more generic?

Succession and Succession Plus?

killmaster
KVRian
1085 posts since 5 Oct, 2003

Post Thu Feb 14, 2019 5:23 am

How about some tag to distinguish its attributes instead. Like have Succession FM and Succession OT (play on overtime but meaning Offsets and Triggers). To me, Plus and Advanced have similar connotation to Pro.

Astralp
KVRAF
1850 posts since 25 Feb, 2005 from Ganymede

Post Thu Feb 14, 2019 7:02 am

Kalamata Kid wrote:
Wed Feb 13, 2019 9:46 pm
If the are truly different instruments then "PRO" is probably not the appropriate name, IMO. And the $5 I mentioned, well, I was way way off. Since the PRO is not an upgrade and not in the Group Buy then price it accordingly. Keep in mind that a higher price often does not yield the highest profit.

Please do not take offense in anything I say. I am on your side and wish you the best and the best profits. The happier and more prosperous and productive with great plugins you are the happier us users will also be using your creations.
I'm not offended at all, discussion and criticism is always welcome :) I don't tend to work in a planned manner, instead I adapt as I go along and that does have it's downside as with naming it 'Pro' in hindsight. To be honest I really could have done without the extra workload of Pro and Dark Matter as it's set me back on the actual GB product workload, but on the other hand I'm really glad they now exist and certainly FM has benefited from it too, and the GB also now has Continuity FM too as a result.

As for the price vs sales, well that is what the GB is already, $19.99 for all of these instruments/work is insanely low. But the sales number hasn't made it even near profitable yet, it requires reaching a much higher target to do that. I wouldn't even dare to calculate my hourly rate. That's not a complaint, I knew this was a possibility when I locked myself into it, but it is the current reality.

I will definitely see it through to the end date which is a couple of weeks away, and determine what to do around that time. Whatever happens I will make Succession FM, Continuity FM and the Guitar Collection available if we don't get that far.

Astralp
KVRAF

Post Thu Feb 14, 2019 7:05 am

Thanks everyone :) It's too late to rename it now really as it's already released and in the KVR database etc... I think in my mind I was thinking long term, Succession FM will not be available outside of the GB and so in a months time it will be irrelevant as Pro will be the only Succession actually for sale.

killmaster
KVRian

Post Thu Feb 14, 2019 7:07 am

Astralp wrote:
Thu Feb 14, 2019 7:05 am
Thanks everyone :) It's too late to rename it now really as it's already released and in the KVR database etc... I think in my mind I was thinking long term, Succession FM will not be available outside of the GB and so in a months time it will be irrelevant as Pro will be the only Succession actually for sale.
All sounds very reasonable to me! Thank you!

traz
KVRist
34 posts since 1 Nov, 2004

Post Thu Feb 14, 2019 2:35 pm

I will say it again....so much for so less...this is a great group buy :party:

killmaster
KVRian

Post Fri Feb 15, 2019 5:31 am

The news tab at KVR says Succession Pro has been updated to version 2.1 but I don't see that version online. Is that a typo?

Astralp
KVRAF

Post Fri Feb 15, 2019 5:43 am

Damn, I messed up it should have been 1.2.... my brain has flipped the numbers....

Astralp
KVRAF

Post Sun Feb 17, 2019 9:26 am

The Guitar Instruments are now finished. Here's a video:

https://youtu.be/fkMkZu0aUE0

I'm making one more external Product to help support the group Buy. It was intended to be a more Ambient spinoff of Dark Matter, but so far it is going down a slightly different root. It can also be used for Ambient stuff though as I've created 5 Banks of New Morphing style Sounds for Sequencing. I've also started to integrate a couple of drum Hit sequencers which adds an interesting angle to it. At the moment it's called 'Emergent Properties.' I'll put up a Development video soon.

David
KVRian
565 posts since 5 Jan, 2003 from Brookings, OR

Post Sun Feb 17, 2019 9:53 am

AH, HGGuitars—JUST what I've been waiting for, sounds GREAT!

popuman
KVRist
42 posts since 14 Dec, 2002 from someone somewhere in summertime

Post Sun Feb 17, 2019 2:36 pm

Very nice!
Putting out fires with gasoline.
http://www.rojoynegro.org

LastDarkstar
KVRer
16 posts since 7 Aug, 2017

Post Mon Feb 18, 2019 4:06 am

What are the chances that you make the waldorf pulse controller 64 bit? Im in if possible.

Astralp
KVRAF

Post Mon Feb 18, 2019 5:51 am

LastDarkstar wrote:
Mon Feb 18, 2019 4:06 am
What are the chances that you make the waldorf pulse controller 64 bit? Im in if possible.
I’m afraid not, there’s no way I could fund the huge amount of time it would take, especially on a niche product such as that. My plugins do work with jBridge though or in hosts like Bitwig that use 32-bit plug-ins natively.

lahazard
KVRer
14 posts since 14 Sep, 2010 from SW Virginia

Post Mon Feb 18, 2019 7:58 am

On the new product coming up, count me in, even if it wasn't going to be counted towards the group buy. Been picking up your products for years now and have never been unhappy with any of them. You remain one of the very few folks I specifically look forward to new products from.

REALLY looking forward to the Guitar product. Shoot, if the group buy doesn't get that far - though I think it will - I'm willing to purchase it separate. (Actually due to selfish motives. I don't want you to stop having these yearly group buys!) :)

So thanks for all the hours and creativity you put into your work. It is appreciated.

P.S. Even if you ever have to end future group buys, know I'll still keep purchasing the products you create.

Return to “Sell & Buy (+Special Offers, Deals & Promos)”