Opinions on accSone Crusher-X 7

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Digivolt wrote: Sun Feb 17, 2019 1:09 am Nope I don't have any granular synths yet, I class it as a luxury so it's last on my list of things I want
Yeah i know what you mean. Unless you are doing specific film/sound design - it's hardly in the 'bread and butter' category.

Also, thanks martin for the heads up on the NFR situation. That probably makes it a no go for me.
weird choice? How did they think that would help them sell? seems bizzare.

I also think the comments about it not sounding smooth are red flags. This is the main problem with some granular synths. who knows. Price and NFR situation may even stop me demoing it so i may never know!!

About Crusher-x not being smooth, I have to correct myself and rectify. It's been greatly improved lately with the Aliasing mode. I used to use Crusher-x many years ago long before this function was implemented and indeed it sounded way rougher and low-fi''ish than now with the Aliasing mode. (note that you still can turn off the Aliasing mode and go back to the 'old' Crusher-x edgy sound)

Hope that helps.

ok thanks for that. All useful info. I think i agree with other posts. It would be nce to have such a beastly granular machine. But it is a bit of a luxury at this point. I already have a number of synths that have (albeit very basic0 granular modes. I just don't know how much it will actually end up on trakcs, you know?
I look at synths like Rapid (which i really, really want) and thats 180 - not in the sale!! Crusher is 150(ish) in the sale.

What's "NFR"? "Not for Rookies?"

Crusher X-7 was listing for almost $200 USD last time I checked, which was yesterday.

NFR == 'not for resale'?

Not for resale.
Given the hefty price of it and the let‘s say very special character of the effect
this means to be quite careful before impulse buying.
Just saying.
Last edited by martinjuenke on Thu May 16, 2019 9:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

... and they charge for a .5 update just 7 month after the new full version (also paid) last year!

It's not for everybody, but for what it does, it's the best. I love it. To each their own.

v8 is near the corner:)
what's new:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5v5EyaH ... e=youtu.be

im almost tempted to get back on the crusherx train.
had a version many years ago, lost in a pc death.

but there is nothing close. its so deep but i also found it quite easy to use once id worked with it for a bit, theres a lot to get in to really. its far more than a granular effect or synth, when compared to the many others.

wakax wrote: Sat Jun 22, 2019 6:36 pm v8 is near the corner:)
what's new:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5v5EyaH ... e=youtu.be
This is one expensive product!
After the initial $200 it costs about $70 every six months in updates.

One very money grabbing developer.

Too expensive for me, I‘m out.

I was looking at this the other day and couldn’t believe the price and to top it off the upgrades are expensive as well. After seeing a few people here saying they couldn’t get good sounds from it, I’m not even going to bother trying it. For that price I’d hope it would be hard to make it sound bad but that doesn’t seem to be the case.

Definitely it's not for everyone, but it is very good and pretty unique in the granular world.
I agree it's not cheap, nor are the somewhat frequent upgrade fees. Though, I can't fault
the guy for charging what he does to continue development as I cant speculate on
his circumstances. So, I wont say that he is being unreasonable about fees. That said,
I am using and out dated version, and am unlikely to upgrade beyond every few
versions or so. I do hope he is able to continue improving Crusher-X for a long time
to come, even if I might skip some versions myself.

Return to “Effects”