HGSounds Kontakt 5 Group Buy - 16/19 Products so far

Buy and sell, post special offers, group buys, etc. NOT product announcements.
killmaster
KVRian
1085 posts since 5 Oct, 2003

Post Mon Feb 18, 2019 8:14 am

lahazard wrote:
Mon Feb 18, 2019 7:58 am
On the new product coming up, count me in, even if it wasn't going to be counted towards the group buy. Been picking up your products for years now and have never been unhappy with any of them. You remain one of the very few folks I specifically look forward to new products from.

REALLY looking forward to the Guitar product. Shoot, if the group buy doesn't get that far - though I think it will - I'm willing to purchase it separate. (Actually due to selfish motives. I don't want you to stop having these yearly group buys!) :)

So thanks for all the hours and creativity you put into your work. It is appreciated.

P.S. Even if you ever have to end future group buys, know I'll still keep purchasing the products you create.
I feel much the same!

Astralp
KVRAF
1845 posts since 25 Feb, 2005 from Ganymede

Re: HGSounds Kontakt 5 Group Buy - 9/18 Products so far

Post Mon Feb 18, 2019 8:18 am

Wow thanks lahazard & Greg :) that’s really nice to hear!

Well the limited response to the GB this year, has definitely made me think twice about doing it next year. I really enjoy the creative process, but it’s been 3-4 months of intensive work for very little return this year. It’s disheartening to say the least that out of that huge market, I can’t shift 6-700. If I did do it again I’d have to raise the price significantly to make it worthwhile. I think that having to give up my mailing list to be GDPR complient has had an impact, I lost 75% of the list who did not subscribe to the new one, and have had very few new signups since then.

I appreciate the support outside of the Group Buy, I rely heavily on that!

martinjuenke
KVRAF
3168 posts since 28 Dec, 2015 from Germany

Post Mon Feb 18, 2019 8:34 am

Astralp wrote:
Mon Feb 18, 2019 8:18 am

Well the limited response to the GB this year, has definitely made me think twice about doing it next year. I really enjoy the creative process, but it’s been 3-4 months of intensive work for very little return this year. It’s disheartening to say the least that out of that huge market, I can’t shift 6-700. If I did do it again I’d have to raise the price significantly to make it worthwhile. I think that having to give up my mailing list to be GDPR complient has had an impact, I lost 75% of the list who did not subscribe to the new one, and have had very few new signups since then.

I appreciate the support outside of the Group Buy, I rely heavily on that!
IMO it‘s not especially your group buy having declined demand, it‘s the whole market facing price deterioration, diminished demand and oversaturation. Your offers are amazing and worth every penny, but currently selling sound making software is obviously more difficult than ever (look all these never ending sale battles even of big players).
However, looking forward to your upcoming gems!

Flowing atmospheric music
http://www.sonoryth.bandcamp.com/music

tatanka
KVRian
990 posts since 13 Jan, 2014

Post Mon Feb 18, 2019 11:25 am

I think that having to give up my mailing list to be GDPR complient has had an impact, I lost 75% of the list
I have no insight in the market apart as a buyer looking for some deals (the market just raising this behaviour with these ever growing never ending deals, even U-He HAS to give up when someone like NI asks....) but I think in your case this might be a big problem cause I still dont think that there would not be more then enough buyers for this deal but you just could not reach enough of them to let them know. If I look into things lately (without mentioning concrete examples) if you were penetrated with never ending deals for 10 % of the "regular" (which is not too far from realistic) prize for really good skripted kontakt instruments with lot of content for 4-5 bucks (with additional discount from 20 % if you subscribe to newsletter)....

Maybe it would be worth to just start a test balloon with something already (or nearly) finished that we (at the tempo of the moment) wont reach in the groupbuy and just sell it for 5 bucks (of course WITHOUT counting for the group buy cause that would be ridiculous), post it evrywhere just to try to get some attention on this ? I could imagine Continuity FM (for example) for this as it is finished and kind of "focused" which might be relevant to. Then there would be two alternatives: get one instrument for 5 bucks or a lot of instruments for 20 bucks. Maybe with the option (as mentioned before) to "upgrade" to the whole deal for 15 bucks. Just some ideas, not really thought through.

David
KVRian
565 posts since 5 Jan, 2003 from Brookings, OR

Post Mon Feb 18, 2019 11:52 am

Astralp wrote:
Ditto!
Astralp wrote:
…I think that having to give up my mailing list to be GDPR complient has had an impact, I lost 75% of the list who did not subscribe to the new one, and have had very few new signups since then.
Ouch—that sucks! I'd be trying to hook up with some other folks with good lists at this point (szcz? Sound Dust? Pluginguru?) You GOTTA get the views!

Astralp
KVRAF

Post Mon Feb 18, 2019 11:57 am

Tatanka, I’ve tried that kind of thing in the past without success, the last time was with Movement. For me I find this type of selling ugly and think it just devaluates the work and reputation. I would rather do something else with my life. As Martin pointed out in the previous post, the natural path of any industry in capitalism is over saturation and devaluation. I did learn this when I first started HGS, I was selling sample CDs and there were hardly any independents doing it back then but it got to a point where you couldn’t sell them for a dollar. That’s when I moved into synth design. If that is what is happening now I need to move into something else. I admit I don’t put enough time into marketing and PR mainly because I don’t like it and I don’t really have those skills beyond the basics. I already feel I’ve gone too far down the bargain route for my taste and once you do it’s almost impossible to climb out of it, and every time you lower the value of something it affects the entire industry until only the biggest players survive and absorb the competition.

Even free products don’t have gravity anymore, there is just so much stuff out there now. I just always try to make stuff that’s unusual and different and try hard to not be influenced by any existing products.

I don’t mean that to sound negative about it, it’s a fact of life for all industries we have to live with. I just like making stuff :)

Astralp
KVRAF

Post Mon Feb 18, 2019 12:00 pm

David wrote:
Mon Feb 18, 2019 11:52 am
Astralp wrote:
…I think that having to give up my mailing list to be GDPR complient has had an impact, I lost 75% of the list who did not subscribe to the new one, and have had very few new signups since then.
Ouch—that sucks! I'd be trying to hook up with some other folks with good lists at this point (szcz? Sound Dust? Pluginguru?) You GOTTA get the views!
It does, but at the same time it became a more focused list of people genuinely interested which is also good, and Although it was a pain I do think that GDPR is a good thing for all of us in the end :)

tatanka
KVRian

Post Mon Feb 18, 2019 12:15 pm

Hi Andy,

thanks for explanation and your point of view, I agree 100 %, and I am sure you are right, even if it may help in a very short term it wont on the long run (if you dont see yourself as an assembly line worker producing kontakt synths....). And maybe all this groupbuys in a very short timeline has just been too much, who knows, it is at it is.

If your looking for a new develloping field, maybe an AI composition app (which is not SO far from what your doing already :-) ), no, just kidding, if you see whats happening with the price of Orb Composer which was announced as something "elite" first and now the smart composer for "simply everyone fond of music"....

Seems really hard times for this kind of buziness but I am sure you wont run out of genius ideas and that HAS to be payed in the end.

Paul Corello
KVRist
68 posts since 23 Sep, 2003

Post Mon Feb 18, 2019 12:20 pm

well I hope we all keep you going with our enthusiasm :) :hyper: :) ; I certainly do not want an email, like I received from Prodyon, when the VAT rules, here in Europe, killed him off ( I think he works for some 'big' company now )!

JerGoertz
KVRAF
2261 posts since 20 Feb, 2004

Post Mon Feb 18, 2019 12:43 pm

How long is this GB on for? (Sorry if it's already mentioned, but I didn't want to wade thru 20+ pages.)
A well-behaved signature.

tatanka
KVRian

Post Mon Feb 18, 2019 12:46 pm

March 3rd 2019

Musical Gym
KVRAF
4889 posts since 24 May, 2004 from square1

Post Mon Feb 18, 2019 3:26 pm

Paul Corello wrote:
Mon Feb 18, 2019 12:20 pm
well I hope we all keep you going with our enthusiasm :) :hyper: :) ; I certainly do not want an email, like I received from Prodyon, when the VAT rules, here in Europe, killed him off ( I think he works for some 'big' company now )!
Dennis Lenz is now Rigid Audio (used to be Prodyon). He's alive and well and sells his Kontakt stuff dirt cheap (example of suggested model). Uses reasonable retail price and slashes it down to sale price.
As I suggested before, KontaktHub can be used as additional income/exposure resource. Other devs like aforementioned SoundDust, SzcZ, etc. utilize Kontakthub. Some devs use their own site and kontakthub.
Dmitry Sches (Thorn, Diversion, Tantra) just partnered with Plugin Alliance.
I don't know if any kontakt devs have done that yet.
I believe kontakthub takes 50% of sales, which can be a good thing with the huge traffic they get from buyers looking to buy kontakt stuff. Plus, it would be good to be promoted via their newsletter/sales announcements.

martinjuenke
KVRAF

Post Mon Feb 18, 2019 11:03 pm

Hideaway Studio switched his stuff completely to KontaktHub. It seems he‘s quite satisfied with getting rid of all that organisational stuff of having your own selling procedure and with receiving the marketing coverage of a big site.

Paul Corello
KVRist
68 posts since 23 Sep, 2003

Post Mon Feb 18, 2019 11:12 pm

Thought I'd seen his name somewhere, I was recently almost given Aquiver($4~), still different enough, like Shortnoise(.com 🤔der) and similar high CPU usage, unlike this GB; I've just run 3 instances of Kontakt, using latest version of Windows 10, including Succession Pro & ReaniBass for rhythm and Riffer sporting a mix of Tessellate, Synthetic and Continuity Pro, including RooMS & Master Comp, sounds fantastic with the offsets, variations and amazing high quality samples, at a smooth 48%.

martinjuenke
KVRAF

Post Tue Feb 19, 2019 1:16 pm

The posting of this Group Buy in that Audio Plugin Deals Facebook Group (not by me) seems to work...
Hope the thing is catching up momentum!

Return to “Sell & Buy (+Special Offers, Deals & Promos)”