iZotope Nectar for Vocals

How to do this, that and the other. Share, learn, teach. How did X do that? How can I sound like Y?
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

anyone using this ?
Izzit worth $200 ? I already have Melodyne . . .

peace
expert only on what it feels like to be me
https://soundcloud.com/mrnatural-1/tracks

For my opinion it makes sound muddy.

No not worth it if own Melodyne. Just use 3rd party effects.

When it goes on big sale it's worth it. It's a nice all in one channel strip, lots of presets to quickly try different things and tweak them to your needs. It probably more depends on if you like that style of working.

I found this over the weekend on sale for $29 which is within my budget - unfortunatley looks like it's gone back to it's street price today
https://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail ... ng-plug-in

I'll give it a shot - if only for the AI-based EQ & compressions for my humble vocals . . . then run this into my existing copy of MeloDyne and Valhalla verbs
I'll let you know how that works after I've played with it for a minute

peace

I really advise you to use Melodyne as the first in the chain.

I really like the "Harmony engine" for doubling and seldomly use de-esser. It's a nice package imo, but if iZotope sold singles, i'd only buy the harmony engine plug.
I hate channel strip approach.
The EQ has a built-in pitchtracking feature, which can be nice if you don't have a tracking EQ yet.

Elements is useless imo, and definitely not worth 129$.

I find Nectar Elements to be pretty much useless. I've tried it on a few different vocal tracks and it hasn't made even a slight improvement. Half the time I can't tell if it's done anything at all to the sound. I use Vocal Doubler a lot but I've given up on Nectar Elements.
NOVAkILL : Asus RoG Flow Z13, Core i9, 16GB RAM, Win11 | EVO 16 | Studio One | bx_oberhausen, GR-8, JP6K, Union, Hexeract, Olga, TRK-01, SEM, BA-1, Thorn, Prestige, Spire, Legend-HZ, ANA-2, VG Iron 2 | Uno Pro, Rocket.

good feedback - thanks !

I love iZotope's Nectar and, especially if you can find it on sale, it's a must buy!

BONES wrote: Tue Feb 19, 2019 11:49 pm I find Nectar Elements to be pretty much useless. I've tried it on a few different vocal tracks and it hasn't made even a slight improvement. Half the time I can't tell if it's done anything at all to the sound. I use Vocal Doubler a lot but I've given up on Nectar Elements.
Lol. That's just odd. :?

Steve Bolivar wrote: Tue Feb 19, 2019 1:56 pm When it goes on big sale it's worth it. It's a nice all in one channel strip, lots of presets to quickly try different things and tweak them to your needs.
Agreed, as a vocal-centric channel strip it's great value (when on sale anyways !). I'd still use Melodyne for pitch processing but for post-effects on vocals it definitely has its place.

Russell Grand wrote: Wed Feb 20, 2019 12:23 pm
BONES wrote: Tue Feb 19, 2019 11:49 pm I find Nectar Elements to be pretty much useless. I've tried it on a few different vocal tracks and it hasn't made even a slight improvement. Half the time I can't tell if it's done anything at all to the sound. I use Vocal Doubler a lot but I've given up on Nectar Elements.
I was referring to using it's supposedly smart assistant. It goes through a process similar to Ozone but at the end of it I can't tell if it's done anything or not half the time. So either my vocals are perfect out of the box (unlikely in the extreme) or it's not very good and Nectar Elements gives you very little to play with to do it manually. It's just a few sliders which, again, don't seem to do much most of the time.
NOVAkILL : Asus RoG Flow Z13, Core i9, 16GB RAM, Win11 | EVO 16 | Studio One | bx_oberhausen, GR-8, JP6K, Union, Hexeract, Olga, TRK-01, SEM, BA-1, Thorn, Prestige, Spire, Legend-HZ, ANA-2, VG Iron 2 | Uno Pro, Rocket.

BONES wrote: Wed Feb 20, 2019 11:59 pm
Russell Grand wrote: Wed Feb 20, 2019 12:23 pm
I was referring to using it's supposedly smart assistant. It goes through a process similar to Ozone but at the end of it I can't tell if it's done anything or not half the time. So either my vocals are perfect out of the box (unlikely in the extreme) or it's not very good and Nectar Elements gives you very little to play with to do it manually. It's just a few sliders which, again, don't seem to do much most of the time.
Fair points. :tu:

Return to “Production Techniques”