Why is Slate Digital hated?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

MFXxx wrote:Great plugins. Generous individual. The marmite of plugin devs.
Yep, I love the plugins, don't mind the sub and find his schtick funny.
Mac Studio
Cubase 13, Ableton Live 12

I don't think I have the spare energy to hate any random software developer. I've never heard anything from slate that I thought I might want at the price offered though so I never buy his stuff. Hate seems a bit strong though. I play with all this stuff for a living and I don't take it as seriously as lots of people I see on here.
Don't F**K with Mr. Zero.

I don't find the time to hate anyone these days that not #45 and his cronies. That said, at least one Slate plugin ends up in every single one of my projects.

Nobody hates him here, it's just stupid thread tittle and what people resort to when you aren't one of the supporters like them, hating someone requires some emotions involved, it's hard to do it when you don't care about someone that much.
This entire forum is wading through predictions, opinions, barely formed thoughts, drama, and whining. If you don't enjoy that, why are you here? :D ShawnG

I've been a subscriber for almost 3 years now and my main problem is that there is no "incentive" to continue to subscribe besides the "rental" of the plugins. There should be some kind of "subscribe to own" thing where we end up owning some of them after subscribing for certain lengths of time. Maybe every 6 months or yearly we are rewarded a license and actually own one of the plugs or a small bundle. That's a better system and makes for happier customers, imho.

fiendish minstrel wrote: Tue Feb 19, 2019 7:21 pm I've been a subscriber for almost 3 years now and my main problem is that there is no "incentive" to continue to subscribe besides the "rental" of the plugins. There should be some kind of "subscribe to own" thing where we end up owning some of them after subscribing for certain lengths of time. Maybe every 6 months or yearly we are rewarded a license and actually own one of the plugs or a small bundle. That's a better system and makes for happier customers, imho.
The terms of the subscription are outline in detail. It's pretty easy to determine how this will work out over time. Did you jump in without thinking this through? It's what keeps most of us non-subscribers away - The Money Pit Effect. If you intend to keep using a plugin and need immediate access to it, it's far better to buy a license. There are only specific use-cases where a subscription makes sense - it's not typically the best deal for most users, despite what the companies would like to happen. :phones:

I know this is an older thread but I'm on my second year. Philosophy? Over 10 years it would be 1500 US dollars. That's I think less than if you bought all of them and between new offerings and a likely improvement over that time, seems fair to me. My use is less now that I have mixhub, but whatever.

As far as the hate, you can speculate about many things. But the plugs are good.

Every plugin vendor which incorporates some kind of marketing is hated by a (always same) selected handful of people here. Just remember that they fight for all our rights, and stuff, which is why they always have to speak and think for us.

chk071 wrote: Tue Feb 19, 2019 10:18 pmJust remember that they fight for all our rights, and stuff, which is why they always have to speak and think for us.
100% of the fundamental rights you have and (hopefully) enjoy are the result of other people's fight. You actually did nothing for those privileges and it is questionable, what you would achieve at all when being on your own.

But I know, being spoiled by birth (speaking of living in western countries) sometimes leads to losing the whole picture. Then some of us take for granted what wasn't given without fight - and furthermore needs to be defended day by day.

Ever thought that there could be people who couldn't care less? I know, difficult to see when you're spoilt with birth in first world countries.

Actually, in this case, we're talking about small businesses in a small market, where the kind of behaviour I was talking about is actually quite ridiculous. It also shows how little these people know about the world we live in.

That said, who am I to stop people from playing freedom fighter hero on the internet?

Fight tha POWAH

Why is Reaper hated?
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

Yeah, the powah of one man capitalist asshole businesses. ;) Marx would have been proud.

I have the right to not consume the products and so do we all.

Some people are spoiled enough to believe taking a stance on copy protection is uber-righteous.
Yes, that's slightly off-topic unless the topic is fighting for rights now.

And you may well enjoy rights by default I've had to fight for, but that's stuff to take to HPC isn't it.
Last edited by jancivil on Tue Feb 19, 2019 10:50 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Slate plugins are good...

But Steve is a plonker.
I will take the Lord's name in vain, whenever I want. Hail Satan! And his little goblins too. :lol:

Return to “Effects”