Rob Papen Albino3

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

LinPlugs legacy support is over...
I've been looking for a legacy installer for my old PPC and I cannot find it anywhere.
I do have a genuine serial number.
Any idea where I can find a PPC RTAS installer?

Ask Rob Papen
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

Linplug didn't make Albino 3, Rob Papen produced that one.

Examigan wrote: Wed Feb 20, 2019 12:02 am Linplug didn't make Albino 3, Rob Papen produced that one.
? um...I know Rob "produced" that one, but up until Linplug bottomed up my Albino was bought, downloaded, and licensed with Linplug.

"powered by LinPlug" still pops up on load. And it shows up under Linplug in my plugin list in Cubase. On the flip side of the plugin, it shows Copyright LinPlug 2006-2014.

Oh, ok! I didn't know that part of it. I stand corrected. :)

Yea, I think Rob was still doing his own thing, but Linplug had used his talents for Albino. Albino is still a fantastic plug even if you have Predator.

Linplug used to offer/provide legacy support for all 3 Albino releases...but Linplug has finally vanished...
Got in touch with Rob Papen...
...and response was almost instantly!
Fantastic customer support!!!

Aloysius wrote: Tue Feb 19, 2019 10:58 pm Ask Rob Papen
Didn't think of that...DOH!!!
Thanks man

:tu:

Examigan wrote: Wed Feb 20, 2019 12:02 am Linplug didn't make Albino 3, Rob Papen produced that one.

no, Linplug made it. RP cant code

Yeah, from a technical POV Albino is out and out LinPlug.

Rob Papen may have had the idea and thus be responsible for the conceptual side of things (or at least part of it) but the software itself is 100% Peter Linsener, there is absolutely no doubt about it.

thejonsolo wrote: Wed Feb 20, 2019 12:31 am "powered by LinPlug" still pops up on load. And it shows up under Linplug in my plugin list in Cubase.
Its also registered under LinPlug in the Windows registry.

(HKCU\Software\LinPlug)

Rob Papens customer support is amazing...
...got a download link for Albino 3.21 (the last update)
Unfortunate this version did not install on my PowerPC G5.
Another email and I got the last supported Albino 3 for my good old G5.
FANTASTIC!!!

:party:

pewepro wrote: Fri Feb 22, 2019 8:49 am Rob Papens customer support is amazing...
Yeah. I asked when Predator2 came out, that could they make a smaller gui since it doesn't fit on my laptop screen.
They answered literally "buy a better laptop" and the most insulting part I rather not even repeat here.

Amazing support for sure and lost customer :clap:

I have tried by all means to email and search online, i cannot have a hand in albino. I am aware is not commercialized anymore. Somebody could help pointing where i could ask for it? Need both win and mac. I sent mail and got no answer, so i suppose they dont offer this product anymore, maybe some of the oldies here has to share.
Any advice which better version? Only had 3.0 in the past, but by reading seems some problems with 3.1.
Thanks

Return to “Instruments”