SynthR 1.0 form GuDa Audio is released

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

davidguda wrote: Mon Feb 18, 2019 8:18 am Yes, I no longer sell EuterpeXL, it is still available for download for all the current users and preset server will still be running.
The sales on EuterpeXL has been very low and declining lately and at the same time SynthR is doing so much of the same things that EuterpeXL does so it wouldn't make much sense to have them compete with each other.
Have you considered giving out EuterpeXL for free as a way to help market your company? I can only speak for myself, but companies that offer a freebie almost always get me interested in the other products that that company has for sale. No freebie and most of the time I don't end up even visiting the company's website except in those rare cases when a certain product is constantly being praised on KVR. Just my 2 cents. :D

No support for MPE.
David Guda gudaaudio.com

alvfaria wrote: Wed Feb 20, 2019 1:50 am How can I configure the mod wheel?
You see the area over the aux knobs where it says mod wheel. Drag and drop from there to whatever place you want to modulate. The mod wheel is kind of aux mod nr 0, before the aux knobs 1, 2, 3, 4.

With mod wheel and aux you can modulate the knobs in the modulation list as well.
David Guda gudaaudio.com

This is a great little synth.... Very beefy in the low end.
I will take the Lord's name in vain, whenever I want. Hail Satan! And his little goblins too. :lol:

Russell Grand wrote: Wed Feb 20, 2019 7:21 am
davidguda wrote: Mon Feb 18, 2019 8:18 am Yes, I no longer sell EuterpeXL, it is still available for download for all the current users and preset server will still be running.
The sales on EuterpeXL has been very low and declining lately and at the same time SynthR is doing so much of the same things that EuterpeXL does so it wouldn't make much sense to have them compete with each other.
Have you considered giving out EuterpeXL for free as a way to help market your company? I can only speak for myself, but companies that offer a freebie almost always get me interested in the other products that that company has for sale. No freebie and most of the time I don't end up even visiting the company's website except in those rare cases when a certain product is constantly being praised on KVR. Just my 2 cents. :D
Not sure how I'm going to handle EuterpeXL to be honest. Giving it away for free would not feel right for the users that paid for it. I have for sure thought about making some kind of freebie plugin though, like a standalone filter or put the effects I have in SynthR and put that in to a standalone plugin.
David Guda gudaaudio.com

davidguda wrote: Wed Feb 20, 2019 11:51 am
Russell Grand wrote: Wed Feb 20, 2019 7:21 am
Not sure how I'm going to handle EuterpeXL to be honest. Giving it away for free would not feel right for the users that paid for it. I have for sure thought about making some kind of freebie plugin though, like a standalone filter or put the effects I have in SynthR and put that in to a standalone plugin.
Good point, yeah I get your not wanting to give away for free a product that was commercial not long ago; that could be seen as a slap in the face to those who paid for it.

I like the idea of you possibly releasing a free filter plug, I'd love to see (hear) what you come up with in that department, I bet it would be great. Thanks for the reply. 8)

What you would hear in a filter plugin would be what you hear in SynthR filter wise. It would basically be the same filters just a single plugin.
David Guda gudaaudio.com

David Guda gudaaudio.com

There, made a little demo track with just a bunch of SynthR instances, no external effects used.
David Guda gudaaudio.com

demo sounds good.
When it comes to the VA plugin market, there are lots of good sounding ones to compete with.
what will make it popular will be the gui, customization, the feel(knob response, movement) and overall layout
of all the components to make it user friendly. TAL MOD displays this well, Synth1 is a longtime fav for me in that regard.
dont know why i am bothering to even mention this on a plugin i cant use
but thought i would anyway.
HW SYNTHS [KORG T2EX - AKAI AX80 - YAMAHA SY77 - ENSONIQ VFX]
HW MODULES [OBi M1000 - ROLAND MKS-50 - ROLAND JV880 - KURZ 1000PX]
SW [CHARLATAN - OBXD - OXE - ELEKTRO - MICROTERA - M1 - SURGE - RMiV]
DAW [ENERGY XT2/1U RACK WINXP / MAUDIO 1010LT PCI]

davidguda wrote: Wed Feb 20, 2019 11:51 am Not sure how I'm going to handle EuterpeXL to be honest. Giving it away for free would not feel right for the users that paid for it. I have for sure thought about making some kind of freebie plugin though, like a standalone filter or put the effects I have in SynthR and put that in to a standalone plugin.
I think you can grab much more attention if You made a VERY cut down version of SynthR.
Something like, 1 oscillator, 1 envelope, 1 LFO, no FX. Maybe monophonic or very low polyphony.

SynthR sounds much better (to me) than Euterpe. I've bought Euterpe XL in the past, but doesn't liked the sound that much and ended up reselling it.

alvfaria wrote: Thu Feb 21, 2019 3:54 pm
davidguda wrote: Wed Feb 20, 2019 11:51 am Not sure how I'm going to handle EuterpeXL to be honest. Giving it away for free would not feel right for the users that paid for it. I have for sure thought about making some kind of freebie plugin though, like a standalone filter or put the effects I have in SynthR and put that in to a standalone plugin.
I think you can grab much more attention if You made a VERY cut down version of SynthR.
Something like, 1 oscillator, 1 envelope, 1 LFO, no FX. Maybe monophonic or very low polyphony.

SynthR sounds much better (to me) than Euterpe. I've bought Euterpe XL in the past, but doesn't liked the sound that much and ended up reselling it.
I agree, it has also kind of been the reason why I felt I didn't mind retiring EuterpeXL to make room for SynthR. The step up quality wise to SynthR is quite big.
David Guda gudaaudio.com

I prefered EuterpeXL to be honest. Does some great lead sounds. EuterpeXL felt like something a bit different while the beta of SynthR felt like another one of many.

Don't retire it, all it needs is a 150% larger gui.

wickfut wrote: Fri Feb 22, 2019 9:21 pm I prefered EuterpeXL to be honest. Does some great lead sounds. EuterpeXL felt like something a bit different while the beta of SynthR felt like another one of many.

Don't retire it, all it needs is a 150% larger gui.
I have to agree with this - there's a lot of interesting stuff in EuterpeXL that I'd be interested in playing with (I do own it, but I'm still waiting for an AU version that doesn't crash validation in Logic Pro X whenever I try to open it - downloaded the latest version available and it still happens). The online preset browser is an interesting way to come across new and unexpected stuff, and I found the free-shape-morph oscillators and the flexible "supersaw" were something that made it interesting to me, so I picked it up.

I look at the screenshot of SynthR, and at the moment I don't see something like that - I see a 3-osc synth with the standard analog waveforms, single filter section, and effects. While it sounds like you may have some interesting plans for the synth going forward (although there's a glut of wavetable synths out there too), at the moment I'm having a hard time seeing what sets it apart from a lot of other traditional 3-osc subtractive synths I have, apart from the somewhat more flexible modulation, which I have in spades on my "workstation" synths. At the intro price I might pick it up just to see what happens with it, but at the normal price it's going up against stuff like Go2 and a boatload of others.

I guess what I'm trying to get at is: what features does this new synth have that sets it apart from the tons of other subtractive 3-oscs on the market, or in my plugin folder? With Euterpe XL they were easy to see, but here I think it would be helpful if you could more specifically show how this one is different...

Return to “Instruments”