Isotope Neutron 2: Any good?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

In particular, how's the frequency masking feature?
A well-behaved signature.

It works nicely with kick and bass, kick and pads, bass and pads, and so on. Gets one out of the way of the other in a natural sounding way. In other words, when the kick sounds, the bass doesn't pump or duck out of the way, the kick just sounds clearer.

And, of course, you can make it pump if that's your thing.

I find it really handy for ducking music behind speech. Nothing else works quite as well for me and gives me manual control.

I’m looking forward to Pro Q3’s forthcoming sidechaining on that front.

Thanks fellas. Is the unmasking stuff a dynamic EQ or your plain static EQ?
A well-behaved signature.

You can set it either way.

I avoided this for a long time, only because I have enough plugins. I ended up upgrading to an RX Bundle, which included it.

I have t used it to it’s full potential, but I’m certainly liking the flexibility of its tools, including the multiband noise gate.

And the unmasking is done manually, with strong assistance from a display that shows the masking issues. Nectar 3 will now do this automatically, which works ok for unmasking vocals. But Nectar isn’t dynamic or tweakable, so Neutron still sounds better to my ears.

I didn’t end up upgrading to Nectar. I have Neutron now amoung other options. It’s only the pitch and harmonies I’m really missing... but I have other options there too.

Return to “Effects”