ETHER by SOMA laboratory

Anything about hardware musical instruments.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

ETHER is a wide-band pocket receiver that turns the electromagnetic landscape around you into a live soundscape that you control and manipulate by walking around and moving ETHER with your hand. More info and how to buy: https://somasynths.com/ether/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BdiGn0LPMPs
Image Image Image Image

nice!
where are soma based? looks like i may have to go direct for the lyra8fx module...

vurt wrote: Thu Feb 21, 2019 3:09 pm nice!
where are soma based? looks like i may have to go direct for the lyra8fx module...
they're based in russia but they set up a 'european division' to make things easier.
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

cheers 8)

Ooh, I'd just assumed this was another Elektrosluch type thing, so not really read the blurb as I have some induction coils already. But it sounds a bit more interesting than that...

This is the exact same thing as the Elektrosluch right?

timerickson wrote: Fri Feb 22, 2019 8:23 pm This is the exact same thing as the Elektrosluch right?
FFS, I literally just said it wasnt in the post before yours.

Wow those sounds!

Pity it looks hard to record from without affecting the sound (interesting that it has a sort of quantum observer effect)

Interesting indeed.

whyterabbyt wrote: Sat Feb 23, 2019 10:03 am
timerickson wrote: Fri Feb 22, 2019 8:23 pm This is the exact same thing as the Elektrosluch right?
Sorry, I initially misread your post. I've now read the blurb as well… for others:
if your goal is to scan objects in close proximity (0-20 centimeters), devices like Elektrosluch will work cleaner and more focused due to its narrow band and lower sensitivity. ETHER was designed to be a part of your walks in the city and may even pick up sounds in a forest or at the seashore (I have such experience). Elektrosluch was designed for using over a table full of gear.

timerickson wrote: Sat Feb 23, 2019 6:26 pm
whyterabbyt wrote: Sat Feb 23, 2019 10:03 am
Sorry, I initially misread your post. I've now read the blurb as well… for others:
sorry, that probably came off as ruder than intended without a smiley.

so, its not like the elektrosluch then....

(duck and cover)

vurt wrote: Sun Feb 24, 2019 5:58 pm so, its not like the elektrosluch then....

(duck and cover)
it's certainly like it, it's just not the (exact) same.
for my money, its output is not different enough to warrant the 150-180 euro (!!!!!!!!!!!!!) cost (as an existing Elektrosluch owner) - not to mention I prefer the focus of the Elektrosluch.

First batch sold out!

/C
ANALOG DEEP HOUSE 2 for U-HE DIVA
HARDWARE SAMPLER FANATIC - Akai S1100/S950/Z8 - Casio FZ20m - Emu Emax I - Ensoniq ASR10/EPS

Return to “Hardware (Instruments and Effects)”