Looking for a replacement for Hydratone EQ

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

When Tritone Digital was still in business ten years ago, I was a happy user of their Hydratone EQ.
Yes, pluggo runtime was a pain and the plugin was also a CPU-hog, but still had the colouring effect of Hydratone EQ something quite unique.

Is there currently any plugin out there which comes close to that "MOJO"-effect of Hydratone. When I am using Algorithmix Blue, I also get some colour into my mix, but the effect is much more gentle and has less of an imprint compared to the Tritone Digital.

Many thanks!

Thats an oldie. The eq was impulse based but that fire knob was a saturator if I remember right?

https://www.acustica-audio.com/store/en first comes in mind cause of the impulse thing but though the tech. is the same workflow would be very different.

Given you liked algorithmix blue, you're looking for various curve types rather than saturation. I think you'll like any of the DMG-audio eq's, they give various types of curves based on harware. Try analog-phase with them.

DMG audio is already on my list. You are specifically talking about Equilibrium having different analogue curve types, right?
Nebula might be another option that seems interesting. Although it seems to be quite a particular devise with many pros and cons...

Lord Flashback wrote: Tue Feb 19, 2019 2:39 pm DMG audio is already on my list. You are specifically talking about Equilibrium having different analogue curve types, right?
Nebula might be another option that seems interesting. Although it seems to be quite a particular devise with many pros and cons...
Yeah the expensive one :lol: I remembered 2 more options; PSP masterq2 and waves H-EQ. Master Q mid. bands give options, based on no specific hardware that I know of but its a damn fine eq if you're ok with the GUI. Can't comment much on the waves eq as I have near no experience.

I was one of the early nebula users. It sounds great but has its own workflow thing and not easy on cpu...definitely give a loooong demo before buying.

I will give Nebula a try. Many thanks!

Some Tritone plugs were based on IR's that can run in AudioThing Fog Convolver. Have you tried??

Hi,

How could I use that convolution plugin to build a filterbank for simulating an EQ?
I would also need a series of impulse resonses for different frequency ranges matching the original source of the Hydratone IRs.

Lord Flashback wrote: Thu Feb 21, 2019 11:19 am Hi,

How could I use that convolution plugin to build a filterbank for simulating an EQ?
I would also need a series of impulse resonses for different frequency ranges matching the original source of the Hydratone IRs.
I don't know the specifics of how to get it working in Fog Convolver. I believe some people had success with other Tritone plugs. It might not even be possible with Hydratone. I was just mentioning as a potential option.

Return to “Effects”