Behringer Brophet 5

Anything about hardware musical instruments.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Urs wrote: Thu Feb 21, 2019 2:47 pm Anyhow, when I tried the Pro-One prototype last year, my impression was that those chips are way too clean sounding. Envelopes were completely off. We'll see if they can fix that, as it'll impact pretty much all their hopes for Prophets and Obies.
I had the same feelings with the Behringer Sh-101 last year. But in the newest videos this seem to be fixed.

flocked wrote: Thu Feb 21, 2019 3:12 pm
Urs wrote: Thu Feb 21, 2019 2:47 pm Anyhow, when I tried the Pro-One prototype last year, my impression was that those chips are way too clean sounding. Envelopes were completely off. We'll see if they can fix that, as it'll impact pretty much all their hopes for Prophets and Obies.
I had the same feelings with the Behringer Sh-101 last year. But in the newest videos this seem to be fixed.
You mean the "shootout" which went viral but "was not sponsored, cease and desist or else!"?

Yes, it sounded really close!

There is a reason why it's called prototype. :hihi:

I don't think anyone is stopping another company from building a different Model D, but of course Behringer's business model is affordability, and that does mean cutting corners. But allowing for the authenticity of the sound is what most of us consider the top priority.

Also, nothing is stopping Dave Smith/Sequential from dropping prices. I honestly think I'd prefer paying slightly above Behringer prices for an OB-6 or Prophet 6, but I'm assuming Behringer is going to be extremely competitive in terms of price and sound with UB-Xa and possibly a Brophet 5 in future.
<List your stupid gear here>

egbert101 wrote: Thu Feb 21, 2019 3:50 pmcutting corners
Which starts with the printing process. Just look at the crooked template for the bottom line.

bmoog_print.jpg
Who knows where cutting corners ends? Let's hope that Dave Smith et al are not forced to reduce build quality to stay competitive.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Urs wrote:Who knows where cutting corners ends? Let's hope that Dave Smith et al are not forced to reduce build quality to stay competitive.
Roland and Korg have been doing it for some time already. Wobbly knobs anyone?
Sweet child in time...

Urs wrote: Thu Feb 21, 2019 5:23 pm
egbert101 wrote: Thu Feb 21, 2019 3:50 pmcutting corners
Which starts with the printing process. Just look at the crooked template for the bottom line.

bmoog_print.jpg

Who knows where cutting corners ends? Let's hope that Dave Smith et al are not forced to reduce build quality to stay competitive.
is that the prototype or final release version?

tbf, at the pricepoint of some them, am i going to care so much if the paints a bit iffy, or even if they spell things incorrect?

so long as the internals work as expected, im not sure i will :hihi:

Even Moog are cutting corners on their new synths now...

Sweet child in time...

vurt wrote: Thu Feb 21, 2019 6:05 pm tbf, at the pricepoint of some them, am i going to care so much if the paints a bit iffy, or even if they spell things incorrect?

true, and once its got 27 fag burns on it, who cares?

:hihi:

AnX wrote: Thu Feb 21, 2019 6:38 pm
vurt wrote: Thu Feb 21, 2019 6:05 pm tbf, at the pricepoint of some them, am i going to care so much if the paints a bit iffy, or even if they spell things incorrect?

that's the thing actually, because theyre dirt cheap prices, i may get out and do some live bits again.
crave, neutron, set up droning away, guitar and fx on top.
if they get damaged or nicked, not the end of the world, unlike if one of my racks of modular feel off a crap table or got nicked :o

I would absolutely care if things are misspelled. I will also care if materials degrade from only a few months to years of normal usage. I hate that the lettering on my iPad Pro keyboard started rubbing off after THREE MONTHS.
- dysamoria.com
my music @ SoundCloud

vurt wrote: Thu Feb 21, 2019 6:42 pm
AnX wrote: Thu Feb 21, 2019 6:38 pm

that's the thing actually, because theyre dirt cheap prices, i may get out and do some live bits again.
crave, neutron, set up droning away, guitar and fx on top.
if they get damaged or nicked, not the end of the world, unlike if one of my racks of modular feel off a crap table or got nicked :o
It would be the end of that type of music for me if things got stolen or damaged. Good prices still don’t mean I can just throw another $330 at replacing these things.
- dysamoria.com
my music @ SoundCloud

Jace-BeOS wrote: Thu Feb 21, 2019 7:45 pm I hate that the lettering on my iPad Pro keyboard started rubbing off after THREE MONTHS.
At least it was super cheap because of how awesome Apple products and pricing are ... OH WAIT!
If you have to ask, you can't afford the answer

AnX wrote: Thu Feb 21, 2019 5:55 pmis that the prototype or final release version?
Surprisingly, the unit became available in stores at some point. I don't belong into the category of people who get sponsored a preview version, temporary or not.

Bought it in hope to sound correct (it does) so in our next incarnation of emus I can be as violent as I was with the Pro-Ones (and a poor, gutted Crumar Trilogy which served as organ chip-donor)

vurt wrote: Thu Feb 21, 2019 6:42 pm
i may get out and do some live bits again.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BuKGqmnH1P1 ... psqx8nmmwz

Return to “Hardware (Instruments and Effects)”