Guitar and Bass Amp Sims

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi,

First time poster so thank for your time!

I am checking out some amp sims as I normally record on a Zoom R8 and want to advance my setup a little.

I use Reaper as my DAW and am getting to grips with it, but it is the amp sim that's bugging me.

I play both guitar (as my main instrument) and bass (only got it at Christmas!).

So I need a DAW that can work with both instruments.

Amplitube is an option, but pricy. I can but about four or five amps and pedals for the same price as TH-U Full.

I am trialling TH-U Full (199 EUR) at the moment and it is very good. But what is annoying me is that OverLoud have the Funk/R&B, and the Rock pack for 59 EUR (the metal pack doesn't interest me). But neither of these have any bass amps. To get any bass amps I would have to buy TH-U Full.

Why doesn't OverLoud sell a pack with a smaller mix of guitar and bass amps? I'm sure it would sell.

Scuffham doesn't have any bass amps in at all, so good as it may be, it is not on my list to try.

The next demo will be Bias FX Pro, which is a reasonable cost.

It's just silly of OverLoud to sell cheaper packs but ignore bass (whether full or part time like me) players, forcing us to buy the full product. Give us a mix!

check these for bass: tse bod and ignite shb-1

Another vote for all the Ignite Amps stuff, also they're gonna release Emissary 2 and NadIR 2 soon.

Thanks for the Ignite reccommendation. I have looked at them and they are good, but I was after a one-stop solution, where everything was in one suite, such as TH-U and Amplitube.

I've noticed that Waves GTR-3 is on sale for $39 at the moment, which is around £30, so I might give that a try.

well try to demo everything first.

anyway, th-u funk has bassface which is a bass amp, try that one.

lajosuti wrote: Wed Feb 20, 2019 4:07 pm anyway, th-u funk has bassface which is a bass amp, try that one.
Thank you. I was hoping for something a little more modern and less superficially a bass amp than a 59 Bassman, especially as Overloud make some really good bass amp models.

It's a pity they haven't thought it through a little more, and come up with a smaller, cheaper pack that caters for people who play both instruments. Even just adding one or two models to the Funk and Rock packs would have gone some way to helping.

As it is, I have done more research and discovered that Thermonik is on sale for $49.99, which is around £40. I might just take the plunge on that. They don't have as many effects, but they do have a few decent drive pedals. Everything else I can find for free.

For bass it really doesnt get better than the Sansamp emulation by TSE.

Check out
https://kazrog.com/products/thermionik/
for guitar. It covers it all quite well and is state of the art.
We jumped the fence because it was a fence not be cause the grass was greener.
https://scrubbingmonkeys.bandcamp.com/
https://sites.google.com/view/scrubbing-monkeys

Love the orange bass amp in Bias Amp Pro! Everything else is hit & miss depending what genre you're doing. I like the clean guitar tones, ymmv.

I think a good solution would be a rig "pack" (not sure what they call them) like the British Amps that sells for around 20 EUR bus just containing bass guitars. I could then pick up the funk pack (which is basically clean amps) plus that hypothetical bass rig pack for about £65, which would be great. But they don't so I can't.

I will be downloading Bias FX to try out with an eye to buying Bias FX Pro, which at 100 EUR (about £75) and contains everything I need (plus a load of "metal" type amps which I don't), seems like a better buy that TH-U at the moment.

Kazrog for guitar. Unbelievable sims.

Thermionik also has a few bass amps in it. Give it a demo.

deanol wrote: Wed Feb 20, 2019 2:17 pm
Amplitube is an option, but pricy. I can but about four or five amps and pedals for the same price as TH-U Full.

The current TH-U price is a special intro offer and IKMM often do sales too. Typically, Overloud is more pricey than IKMM.

Right now you can purchase the Ampeg PowerDuo bundle, which includes Amplitube 4 Standard plus both Ampeg SVX 1 and 2 for 100gear credits.
For 159€ you could purchase 200credits, which means you'd still have 100credits left to either purchase another bundle such as the Jimi Hendrix or the Fender 1 or some individual models after demoing them in the shop.
Otherwise you could have the PowerDuo Bundle for 99€.

You could of course also keep the extra credits until another deal comes around.

Or you could even use them for T-racks.

Also, purchasing will give you "Jam Points" which will give you a discount on future prchases.
"Preamps have literally one job: when you turn up the gain, it gets louder." Jamcat, talking about presmp-emulation plugins.

I have a Zoom R24 and the built-in guitar FX, Amps and Cabs are decent enough. I think it's the same on the R8?

For ITB guitar sims I tend to avoid the all-in-one suites as, for me, they are too distracting. I spend all of my time finding a 'tone'and little time actually playing.

I solved this by going with the Kuassa Amps. They are straightforward to use and sound great. Vermillion, Caliburn and their Cerberus bass amp are worth checking out IMO.

www.kuassa.com/

Kazrog + Kuassa does me nicely. For clean bass, DI with compression is enough. For warmth and grind the Thermionik Bassman and SVT models work respectively.

For tracking the free Softamp PSA is versatile and quick to use.

Return to “Effects”