Fingerpicked Acoustic Guitar AG-20, available as VST and for Kontakt 5.8+

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

AUTO-ADMIN: Non-MP3, WAV, OGG, SoundCloud, YouTube, Vimeo, Twitter and Facebook links in this post have been protected automatically. Once the member reaches 5 posts the links will function as normal.

Fingerpicked Acoustic Guitar AG-20 library as VST and for Kontakt 5 and HISE.

This started as a small experimental library we've been working on for a while, the main idea was to sample real picked intervals. The library was ported to HISE which allows it to be compiled as a VST, so even if you don't own full Kontakt you should be able to use the library! And that also means the source code (https://github.com/00laboratories/HISE-AG-20) is open source and available to anyone.

Intro price 5$ (until march 15th), normal price 9.99$.

30 day refund policy.

Size info:
  • 497 Samples.
  • Kontakt: 407 MB size on disk.
  • VST: 170 MB samples, 11.4 MB VST.

Click Here to go to the product page! (https://00laboratories.com/product/acoustic-guitar-library)

The guitar is a Richwood A-20.
  • Sampled range is from D1 to E4, sampling is done for each string until the note of the next string is reached, so there are no recordings of every single note of every string.
  • Soft and Hard dynamics for every note and interval.
  • 5 percussion samples with 6 round robins each.
  • Chord change/sliding noise with 21 round robins.
  • Power chord slaps from D1 to D2 with both soft and hard dynamic layers and 2 round robins. When the Power Slap keyswitch is held down they keyboard range where it is playable will change color.
  • Release samples for every note with 2 round robins. Release samples can only trigger if release time is set to 250ms or lower.
  • Harmonics in range D2 to G4 with 2 round robins.
  • 12-string guitar simulation mode, in octaves up to the high E string. From there it turns into unison.

Predictive Playback

When this option is enabled the script will add a 25ms audio delay to give it time to analyze the midi notes.
If a Major 3rd, Minor 3rd, 4th or 5th interval is played on the D string and above, a real sample of that interval will be played instead of two individual notes.

Depending on the order of the notes, a root position major chord could be played as follows:
  • a Major 3rd interval sample + a solo 5th sample.
  • a 5th interval sample + a 3rd solo sample.
  • a Minor 3rd interval sample + a root note solo sample.

Example Tracks

These example tracks only use the AG-20 library.

Example 1 © by Rotho 2019

Example 2 © by Joakim Lövgren 2019

Wow—Lovely! No-brainer for sure, thanks!

Thank you all so much for the amazing feedback and orders, for our first instrument this has been a fantastic experience and what a great community indeed! :)

We went ahead and created a product page on KVR Audio:
https://www.kvraudio.com/product/acoust ... boratories

I'm using the HISE version. It has a nice tone. It's lightweight and plays well in FL 20.

Looks good, I'll check it out when I get home.

Out of curiosity, how many round-robin samples are there for each picked note/string? I see there are plenty for the chord change/sliding sounds, release sounds and percussion sounds, but I don't see any mention for the picked strings (fretted or not).

And what is the sample rate and bit-depth of the samples?

I ask both of these because I was helping someone recently who's been looking for something like this, but he's rather particular on the round-robin sounds and sample rate/bit-depth questions.

Steve
Here's some of my stuff: https://soundcloud.com/shadowsoflife. If you hear something you like, I'm looking for collaborators.

planetearth wrote: Thu Feb 21, 2019 10:46 pm Looks good, I'll check it out when I get home.

Out of curiosity, how many round-robin samples are there for each picked note/string? I see there are plenty for the chord change/sliding sounds, release sounds and percussion sounds, but I don't see any mention for the picked strings (fretted or not).

And what is the sample rate and bit-depth of the samples?

I ask both of these because I was helping someone recently who's been looking for something like this, but he's rather particular on the round-robin sounds and sample rate/bit-depth questions.

Steve
There are unfortunately no recorded round robins for the picked sustain samples, only scripted neighbour RR.

Recorded as 44.1KHz 24bit

Just a friendly reminder that the introduction price is going to end tomorrow, so if you wish to pick this up while it's cheap now's your chance! :)

AUTO-ADMIN: Non-MP3, WAV, OGG, SoundCloud, YouTube, Vimeo, Twitter and Facebook links in this post have been protected automatically. Once the member reaches 5 posts the links will function as normal.
Easter Sale
We have an easter sale - all products including AG-20 now 20% off (https://00laboratories.com/product/acoustic-guitar-library)! :tu:

Bugfix for AG-20 VST (x64)
It came to our attention that the stand-alone 64-bit VST version of AG-20 would sometimes have notes dropping out and cutting off in certain situations. We released an updated version where we improved and optimized the preload buffering to reduce these issues. You can simply login to our website, go to your account and re-download the VST.

Return to “Instruments”