Audio Assault (rant)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Anyone ever purchased anything from these guys? Because, I most likely will never do any business with these guys again. They were having a special where you could pre-order their new amp sim "Hellbeast" for $9. This ran from Feb.1st-19th, with the plugin to be released the 20th.
So, (foolishly apparently) I got in on that and everything went fine until the 20th rolls up.
Nothing. No download available in the members section. I take to social media to find out it"s to be released at "18:00 CST". I think "okay ,cool." and start my wait. 18:00, 18:30, 18:45, 19:00 and nothing.
Check the members area and now it says it'll be released the 21st and "sorry for the inconvenience".
Now, as you can tell by the date on this post, the 21st has come and gone and there's STILL no info or communication from them ANYWHERE as to why I (and many others) have yet to receive our plugins.
Part of me is thinking "Dude, it's only $9 so chill" but the other part of me is thinking "F*ck that! This is bullsh*t!" and I should be super pissed.
Am I overreacting? Underreacting?
Do I ask for a stupid refund of $9? Write a strongly worded letter?
Or do I just accept the possibility that I've been ripped off?
I don't know. Just wish they'd say what/why exactly the delay is.
Last edited by pattonfreak1 on Fri Feb 22, 2019 12:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Maybe they ran into development problems? Maybe the main developer got sick?

Its easy to jump on the angry wagon, but for $9 i’d honestly just wait. Maybe send a curious email asking when it will be released.
:borg:

Better that they release the plug-in when it's properly ready. F*ck the deadline.

I've had good communication with the company in the past. I strongly doubt you'll get ripped off.
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

pattonfreak1 wrote: Fri Feb 22, 2019 11:36 am Now, as you can tell by the date on this post, the 22nd has come and gone
Still seems to be the 22nd here ....

here too, and quite early on in the day...

long time no chat :tu:

AFAIK the release day will be the 20th of February 2020...
Didn‘t they write that in their announcement?

pattonfreak1 wrote: Fri Feb 22, 2019 11:36 am Am I overreacting? Underreacting?

Yes, very much so, I would think.

What do you assume? That it's never going to get released or that there is a delay? Which of both would you think is more likely?

And what if they had announced a later date right from the start? (let's say ten days later) - would you then not have taken them up on the intro offer?
"Preamps have literally one job: when you turn up the gain, it gets louder." Jamcat, talking about presmp-emulation plugins.

mcbpete wrote: Fri Feb 22, 2019 11:42 am
pattonfreak1 wrote: Fri Feb 22, 2019 11:36 am Now, as you can tell by the date on this post, the 22nd has come and gone
Still seems to be the 22nd here ....
Fixed. Should have read '21st"

vurt wrote: Fri Feb 22, 2019 11:43 am here too, and quite early on in the day...

long time no chat :tu:
Ah, the good ol days. Man I miss them. Good to see you're still around Vurt

I'll ride it out. Just not super familiar with the guys and and impatient but Jesus, SOME form of update or info would be nice

jens wrote: Fri Feb 22, 2019 12:44 pm
pattonfreak1 wrote: Fri Feb 22, 2019 11:36 am Am I overreacting? Underreacting?

Yes, very much so, I would think.

What do you assume? That it's never going to get released or that there is a delay? Which of both would you think is more likely?

And what if they had announced a later date right from the start? (let's say ten days later) - would you then not have taken them up on the intro offer?
i think what's at issue here is not the dates, but lack of communication. this is IMO inexcusable for a company, unless there are serious circumstances involved (i.e. illness or worse).
I don't know what to write here that won't be censored, as I can only speak in profanity.

pattonfreak1 wrote: Fri Feb 22, 2019 12:58 pm I'll ride it out. Just not super familiar with the guys and and impatient but Jesus, SOME form of update or info would be nice
https://www.facebook.com/vstaudioassault
We've had a slight problem.
Hellbeast will be available tomorrow.
Nothing nefarious a simple google for their Facebook is all it took

I think there might be cultural differences at work... they are from Mexico.

Their Perception of Time is Less Strict

At a very young age, Americans are taught the importance of planning for the future. They love making deadlines and commitments and feel obligated to meet them. However, in Mexico, time is relative and deadlines are more flexible, as their culture places more emphasis on the moment and not the future. This makes them more prone to procrastination.

It is not unusual for Mexicans to arrive ten to fifteen minutes past the scheduled meeting time. This is actually at times acceptable according to Mexican standards. Americans, on the other hand, are sticklers for time and being late is considered slack and frowned upon.

Deadlines are sometimes overlooked by Mexicans as targets but not absolutes. For Americans, a deadline on Tuesday at 1 pm means just that. In Mexico, a deadline can many times be overlooked if there is no reminder of its importance and the repeated mention that it cannot be missed.
https://bipsearch.com/news/8-cultural-b ... ng-mexico/
"Preamps have literally one job: when you turn up the gain, it gets louder." Jamcat, talking about presmp-emulation plugins.

I've also preordered Hellbeast and absolutely don't care. I totally trust Audio Assault. They've been here for years, their plugins are top notch, if they're late, then I'll wait.
Please don’t read the above post. It’s a stupid one. Simply pass.

Digivolt wrote: Fri Feb 22, 2019 1:21 pm
pattonfreak1 wrote: Fri Feb 22, 2019 12:58 pm I'll ride it out. Just not super familiar with the guys and and impatient but Jesus, SOME form of update or info would be nice
https://www.facebook.com/vstaudioassault
We've had a slight problem.
Hellbeast will be available tomorrow.
Nothing nefarious a simple google for their Facebook is all it took
Posted 2 days ago. Still nothing on why we didn't get it yesterday (like that post says)

Return to “Effects”