Yamaha CS-80 vst

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

fmr wrote: Fri Feb 22, 2019 6:31 pm
Saw wrote: Fri Feb 22, 2019 6:12 pm So,
after almost 7 months,
nothing better than the ME-80 not is in the top ?
You realize that what you hear on records is NOT the CS80 alone, right?
Of course, yes.
But there many new vst, including some Propellerhead RE,
and maybe a new challenger has appeared?

Saw wrote: Fri Feb 22, 2019 6:37 pm
fmr wrote: Fri Feb 22, 2019 6:31 pm
Saw wrote: Fri Feb 22, 2019 6:12 pm So,
after almost 7 months,
nothing better than the ME-80 not is in the top ?
You realize that what you hear on records is NOT the CS80 alone, right?
Of course, yes.
But there many new vst, including some Propellerhead RE,
and maybe a new challenger has appeared?
And why would that make a difference?
Fernando (FMR)

No one competes in this area.
Everyone just does what they build new SERUM-AVENGER-PIGMENTS synthesizers,
there is no development of the idea (only in the case with Synapse Legend or U-he Repro)

Saw wrote: Fri Feb 22, 2019 6:47 pm No one competes in this area.
Everyone just does what they build new SERUM-AVENGER-PIGMENTS synthesizers,
there is no development of the idea (only in the case with Synapse Legend or U-he Repro)
Serum, Avenger and Pigments (and Rapid, and DUNE, and Hive, and DIVA, and Electra2, and Icarus, and etc.) have way more to offer, as synthesizers, than any CS80 emulation ever will. As I already wrote, if you are looking for the CS80, you already have it. If that's not enough for you, maybe that's because you are actually looking for something else.
Fernando (FMR)

"If that's not enough for you, maybe that's because you are actually looking for something else."

that's what she said

:D
...want to know how to program great synth sounds,check my video tutorials: http://www.youtube.com/user/sergiofrias25

sergiofrias wrote: Fri Feb 22, 2019 7:17 pm "If that's not enough for you, maybe that's because you are actually looking for something else."

that's what she said

:D
... and she knows :lol:
Fernando (FMR)

You did not quite correctly understand me, because I did not quite accurately express my thought.
For Moog and Prophet there are much more standards (in VST / AU) and they have appeared even more than for CS-80

Saw wrote: Fri Feb 22, 2019 8:10 pm You did not quite correctly understand me, because I did not quite accurately express my thought.
For Moog and Prophet there are much more standards (in VST / AU) and they have appeared even more than for CS-80
Let me put things this way: Matrix-12 is a very revered synth (the best analog synth ever made, IMO), and yet there is only one emulation.

Elka Synthex is also another very revered instrument, and there is only one emulation.

Jupiter-8 is one of the most famous synths that ever existed, and there are only two emulations (one of them recent, and from Roland itself).

Moog Memorymoog is also a revered polysynth, and there isn't a single emulation (Gunnar instrument is not ver faithful).

Korg MS-20 only has one emulation, by Korg itself. Korg PS series only recently got one synth that was more or less faithful (Björn doesn't even have one to compare with).

EMS Synthi-A/VCS3 only has one emulation. EMS Synthi 100 has none.

Voyetra synths don't have a single emulation available.

ARP 2500 doesn't have one emulation either.

Synclavier and Fairlight only have one emulation too.

I could be here forever. Many great synths don't have a single emulation, and many have only one.

Minis and Prophets have more. That doesn't mean anything except that maybe developers see a better market there (or the hardware units are easier to find, or both).
Fernando (FMR)

generaldiomedes wrote: Wed Jul 18, 2018 3:50 pm I would go with a sampled VST until someone comes out with a modern emulation
using sampled analog sounds is a sin
HW SYNTHS [KORG T2EX - AKAI AX80 - YAMAHA SY77 - ENSONIQ VFX]
HW MODULES [OBi M1000 - ROLAND MKS-50 - ROLAND JV880 - KURZ 1000PX]
SW [CHARLATAN - OBXD - OXE - ELEKTRO - MICROTERA - M1 - SURGE - RMiV]
DAW [ENERGY XT2/1U RACK WINXP / MAUDIO 1010LT PCI]

layzer wrote: Fri Feb 22, 2019 8:48 pm
generaldiomedes wrote: Wed Jul 18, 2018 3:50 pm I would go with a sampled VST until someone comes out with a modern emulation
No, I have IK Syntronik and it`s so good :tu:

Saw wrote: Fri Feb 22, 2019 9:23 pm
No, I have IK Syntronik and it`s so good :tu:
i suppose, if you want different round robin samples at every velocity
to get the sound of a good physical modeled VA. i choose to use samples only for
acoustic sounds and attack transients.

I wholeheartedly agree! I bought a Deckard's Dream analog synth and have really enjoyed the CS-80 flavor. :tu:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VBUAiBC2ilw
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1uAKA6grdyY&t=2s
Last edited by quantum7 on Fri Feb 22, 2019 9:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

duplicate

quantum7 wrote: Fri Feb 22, 2019 9:39 pm
I wholeheartedly agree! I bought a Deckard's Dream analog synth and have really enjoyed the CS-80 flavor. :tu:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VBUAiBC2ilw
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1uAKA6grdyY&t=2s
wow, didnt even know that was a thing. looks like a nice bit of kit.
congrats :tu:

fmr wrote: Fri Feb 22, 2019 8:27 pm
Saw wrote: Fri Feb 22, 2019 8:10 pm You did not quite correctly understand me, because I did not quite accurately express my thought.
Let me put things this way: Matrix-12 is a very revered synth (the best analog synth ever made, IMO), and yet there is only one emulation.

Elka Synthex is also another very revered instrument, and there is only one emulation.

Jupiter-8 is one of the most famous synths that ever existed, and there are only two emulations (one of them recent, and from Roland itself).

Moog Memorymoog is also a revered polysynth, and there isn't a single emulation (Gunnar instrument is not ver faithful).

Korg MS-20 only has one emulation, by Korg itself. Korg PS series only recently got one synth that was more or less faithful (Björn doesn't even have one to compare with).

EMS Synthi-A/VCS3 only has one emulation. EMS Synthi 100 has none.

Voyetra synths don't have a single emulation available.

ARP 2500 doesn't have one emulation either.

Synclavier and Fairlight only have one emulation too.

I could be here forever. Many great synths don't have a single emulation, and many have only one.

Minis and Prophets have more. That doesn't mean anything except that maybe developers see a better market there (or the hardware units are easier to find, or both).
yet no one has done a 1:1 emulation of three of my favorite synths:
Ensoniq VFX (SQ8L is no VFX)
Yamaha SY-77
Akai AX80

Return to “Instruments”