HGSounds Kontakt 5 Group Buy - 15/19 Products so far

Buy and sell, post special offers, group buys, etc. NOT product announcements.
popuman
KVRist
41 posts since 14 Dec, 2002 from someone somewhere in summertime

Post Thu Feb 21, 2019 2:56 pm

Waiting with anticipation.
Putting out fires with gasoline.
http://www.rojoynegro.org

Paul Corello
KVRist
64 posts since 23 Sep, 2003

Re: HGSounds Kontakt 5 Group Buy - 9/18 Products so far

Post Thu Feb 21, 2019 3:19 pm

Astralp wrote:
Thu Feb 21, 2019 1:44 pm
Dark Matter should send Midi out anyway even though it’s not designed for it, I haven’t tried it though so I don’t know how well it will work :) But yes it might be a good idea in the future to make a Midi version.
I've found that Dark Matter sends out an interesting amount of Midi, especially if connected to a percussion VSTi, it adds a touch of excitement :wink:

Lempface
KVRist
131 posts since 29 Nov, 2004 from Beyond the Realms of Death

Post Thu Feb 21, 2019 4:55 pm

Paul Corello wrote:
Thu Feb 21, 2019 3:19 pm
Astralp wrote:
Thu Feb 21, 2019 1:44 pm
Dark Matter should send Midi out anyway even though it’s not designed for it, I haven’t tried it though so I don’t know how well it will work :) But yes it might be a good idea in the future to make a Midi version.
I've found that Dark Matter sends out an interesting amount of Midi, especially if connected to a percussion VSTi, it adds a touch of excitement :wink:
Is it just midi notes or is it CCs as well? I was thinking being able to assign a CC# per lane, but again I haven't even played with it yet so maybe I'm off base.

Astralp
KVRAF
1832 posts since 25 Feb, 2005 from Ganymede

Post Thu Feb 21, 2019 5:46 pm

Lempface wrote:
Thu Feb 21, 2019 4:55 pm
Is it just midi notes or is it CCs as well? I was thinking being able to assign a CC# per lane, but again I haven't even played with it yet so maybe I'm off base.
Just Midi note data I’m afraid, but every Kontakt instrument that creates notes will also be directed to the midi out, as that behaviour is defined by the Kontakt options settings. CC data must be explicitly sent and is not done in any except my Midi plugins.

Paul Corello
KVRist

Post Thu Feb 21, 2019 5:57 pm

Astralp wrote:
Thu Feb 21, 2019 5:46 pm
CC data must be explicitly sent and is not done in any except my Midi plugins.
thanks for reminding me about Fluctuate, I hadn't moved it from my HGsounds(32Bit) to MIDI-plugins folder and therefore forgot it and the great stability (over CCstepper) & probability options :)

AmuroFord
KVRist
62 posts since 10 Jan, 2016 from California

Post Thu Feb 21, 2019 9:57 pm

Just signed up! Thanks for a great deal!
"I'm sorry, Mogwai not for sale... With Mogwai comes much responsibility..."

Lempface
KVRist

Post Fri Feb 22, 2019 6:07 am

Astralp wrote:
Thu Feb 21, 2019 5:46 pm
Lempface wrote:
Thu Feb 21, 2019 4:55 pm
Just Midi note data I’m afraid, but every Kontakt instrument that creates notes will also be directed to the midi out, as that behaviour is defined by the Kontakt options settings. CC data must be explicitly sent and is not done in any except my Midi plugins.
Gotcha, well hopefully maybe we'll see a midi version :D

Astralp
KVRAF

Post Fri Feb 22, 2019 6:17 am

AmuroFord, thanks for joining :)

LempFace. No doubt about it although it will probably be based around 'Emergent Properties' rather than Dark Matter which will be a better candidate.

killmaster
KVRian
1078 posts since 5 Oct, 2003

Post Fri Feb 22, 2019 7:03 am

I have to say, after playing around with these instruments, I love how you've implemented controls for modulation wheel, aftertouch and pitchbend. I was using an MPE keyboard but today I switched to a more conventional keyboard where I can more easily play pitch bend up, or down separately and I'm finding it super musical and intuitive to improvise. Feels like a whole other world of improv potential are opened up aside from all the trigger keys and modulations built it. These are deeply controllable in the best way. So thanks for the thoughtfulness in that area!

And so far, no bugs. Everything works!

Astralp
KVRAF

Re: HGSounds Kontakt 5 Group Buy - 10/18 Products so far

Post Fri Feb 22, 2019 11:13 am

Thanks Killmaster :) oh and Paul I’d forgotten about Fluctuate too :)

Level 7 has been achieved! Succession FM is available to download :)

Lempface
KVRist

Post Fri Feb 22, 2019 1:10 pm

@astralp I'm struggling w/ Circular, you have some nice sounds in the presets but the majority of the tone seems mostly from the pluck and swell engines. The two main synth engines waves all seem very close (mostly) and any character of changing waveforms seems to be masked by the pluck/swell. Perhaps I'm missing the point?

Astralp
KVRAF

Post Fri Feb 22, 2019 1:27 pm

Lempface wrote:
Fri Feb 22, 2019 1:10 pm
@astralp I'm struggling w/ Circular, you have some nice sounds in the presets but the majority of the tone seems mostly from the pluck and swell engines. The two main synth engines waves all seem very close (mostly) and any character of changing waveforms seems to be masked by the pluck/swell. Perhaps I'm missing the point?
well there are 127 waves in each bank which are all different. The waves are selected by the Waves Slider Table and each time a new note is progressed it moves to the next one for Synth A and Synth B. When you release all notes it will Reset to the first step.

The Pluck and Swell are there to give some stability amongst the cycling Waveforms as constants, and so those waveforms are selected using the Wave Knobs.

Does that help? I'm not really sure what you mean if not, I've just loaded it up and each waveform is definitely different. Just move the cycle sliders :)

Paul Corello
KVRist

Post Fri Feb 22, 2019 2:17 pm

did you mean to give us Continuity FM with 'Succession FM v1.0' because you have?

Astralp
KVRAF

Post Fri Feb 22, 2019 2:34 pm

Paul Corello wrote:
Fri Feb 22, 2019 2:17 pm
did you mean to give us Continuity FM with 'Succession FM v1.0' because you have?
lol, no I didn't. Tatanka did let me know but it's a bit late now so I've added a Bonus Token in it's place. Oh Well :)

Here's a video of 'Emergent Properties' showing polyphonic mode and I've kept it more Ambient as requested. I'm still not quite happy with all of the samples yet.

https://youtu.be/EnGEJAwHGhk

Paul Corello
KVRist

Re: HGSounds Kontakt 5 Group Buy - 11/19 Products so far

Post Fri Feb 22, 2019 2:56 pm

Dark Matter has a sibling :love: I really enjoyed that video and I can think of quite a few Libraries & VSTis, which would struggle to reach that amount of diversity, in one instance: brilliant :clap:

Return to “Sell & Buy (+Special Offers, Deals & Promos)”