Acoustic Strum plugin

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Arthritis has made playing what used to be so easy...so painfully hard. The Akrord(sp?) in Kontakt is okay, but not ideal. My research is leaning towards Indiginus - what do you strummers think?

I don't know a whole lot about guitars (mostly synths and piano for me), but one of the guitar plugins that I know has a lot of strumming functionality and multiple play modes is AAS's Strum GS-2. It's I think primarily physically modeled, but that does mean you can tweak the guitar sound to whatever you want. For more electric stuff there's also Sugar Bytes Guitarist, and one that I've had a good amount of fun playing around with is Rob Papen's RG-Muted, which comes with any issue of Computer Music Magazine.

Strum GS-2 is completely physically modeled. So is RG-Muted. There are no samples. For something sampled and acoustic there is RealGuitar V from musiclab. Here is a youtube audio demo from musiclab: youtube.com/watch?v=nilm3zkEwJo

I own it and love it. There is a demo available. If you have the full version of kontakt you have other options that would suit you as well.

P.S. Since you are a guitar player I'm not sure how you are going to take to keyswitching for articulations. Out of the box most guitar emulations require a full size keyboard. Not all of them allow you to change the keyswitches. I don't know how comfortable you are with keyboards. I suppose a question you might ask is, for guitarists what guitar plugin makes the most sense? I recommended one based on my impressions of sound quality, features and ease of use, but as a guitar player you may want a different way of operating a plugin.

Thanks for the input - good advice to consider.

Return to “Instruments”