IL FLEX

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

gentleclockdivider wrote: Fri Feb 01, 2019 8:05 pm I think GOL has left I.L building
WTF?! :shock:

kosmios wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2019 8:17 am
gentleclockdivider wrote: Fri Feb 01, 2019 8:05 pm I think GOL has left I.L building
Eh? Why shock? I thought he left about 10 years ago... maybe not that long... but he's been gone for ages.

Edit: I did a quick Google and I think he left in 2016... not as long ago as I thought.
Last edited by an-electric-heart on Mon Mar 04, 2019 9:22 am, edited 1 time in total.

an-electric-heart wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2019 8:34 am
Eh? Why shock? I thought he left about 10 years ago... maybe not that long... but he's been gone for ages.

Edit: I did a quick Google and I think he left in 2016... not as long ago as i thought.
I don't use anything from Image-Line, maybe that's why it comes as news to me, but what I know from ages ago was that he was their main coder. Ah, not any more...

Does anyone know what he's doing now, and where?

Probably somewhere on the internet insulting people if past experience is any guide.

I'm kidding.

Maybe.

And Image-Line has been much better without him. Good riddance to bad rubbish. :tu:
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Teksonik wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2019 12:36 pm
And Image-Line has been much better without him. Good riddance to bad rubbish. :tu:
I'm a bit younger here, so I'm not crazy familiar with the Full FL story nor was I around before 2014, refresh me, whats the issue with Gol? he created the program right? Was it something about him being extremely stubborn with Features requests?

And I agree FL has been better however in the last few updates, FL 20 has me playing with it again, especially the workflow enhancements like Track mode and how automation clips automatically group themselves to those tracks now, that was a really welcome feature.
The post above this is likely bait, viewer discretion is advised.

Spencer Maddox wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2019 1:53 pm Was it something about him being extremely stubborn with Features requests?
That was part of it....he served to dumb down FL Studio at times like for example with his hatred of all things Midi.

But the biggest thing to me was his rude treatment of paying customers. I found him to be a pompous arrogant wanker and I'm sure he thought the same of me. We had some pretty heated exchanges.

FL Studio has become a much better DAW and Image-Line a much better company in his absence.....in my opinion of course. :tu:
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Teksonik wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2019 2:01 pm
Spencer Maddox wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2019 1:53 pm Was it something about him being extremely stubborn with Features requests?
That was part of it....he served to dumb down FL Studio at times like for example with his hatred of all things Midi.

But the biggest thing to me was his rude treatment of paying customers. I found him to be a pompous arrogant wanker and I'm sure he thought the same of me. We had some pretty heated exchanges.

FL Studio has become a much better DAW and Image-Line a much better company in his absence.....in my opinion of course. :tu:
Ah I Understand. I got that idea too from browsing the Old Forums and people who've been around the program much longer then me that he was kinda Egotistical and rude.
Great Programer however, can't knock that. Harmor, Sytrus, Vocodex, he made absolutely some killer plugins...
Oh and Soundgoodizer. He made Soundgoodizer right? :hihi: :hihi:
The Most important of Mastering Plugins.
The post above this is likely bait, viewer discretion is advised.

Gol's leaving was a bit weird, as I recall they didn't "announce" it, it just came up in one on one comments from Scott on the I.L forum, he was just like "Yeah, Gol was on a break and now he's gone"... must've been some drama.

Gol ( didier dambrin ) is now busy playing with lego ( not kiddin )
There's a small mention at the end of this article ( in dutch )
https://www.vice.com/nl/article/pad5kg/ ... veranderde
It basically says he's now bussy with lego , and his dream is to release his own lego set
http://www.newelementary.com/2017/06/le ... vol-4.html

Not sure this is him ( izavagooba ) but googling didier dambrin and lego brings up the following link
https://www.flickr.com/photos/148115469@N04/
Eyeball exchanging
Soul calibrating ..frequencies

gentleclockdivider wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2019 12:35 pm Gol ( didier dambrin ) is now busy playing with lego ( not kiddin )
There's a small mention at the end of this article ( in dutch )
https://www.vice.com/nl/article/pad5kg/ ... veranderde
It basically says he's now bussy with lego , and his dream is to release his own lego set
http://www.newelementary.com/2017/06/le ... vol-4.html

Not sure this is him ( izavagooba ) but googling didier dambrin and lego brings up the following link
https://www.flickr.com/photos/148115469@N04/
It'll be lego where he wont make parts with studs because 'nobody needs that they can just use glue', then.
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

man! he just went up in my estimation 8)

gentleclockdivider wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2019 12:35 pm Gol ( didier dambrin ) is now busy playing with lego ( not kiddin )
It doesn't surprise me that since Gol defended that silly "Fruity Dance" plugin or whatever you want to call the creepy thing he would then go on to play with Legos.

I used to post this picture of him at home just to piss him off (it's not really him). We really don't like each other. :lol:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Teksonik wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2019 1:38 pm
It doesn't surprise me that since Gol defended that silly "Fruity Dance" plugin or whatever you want to call the creepy thing he would then go on to play with Legos.

I used to post this picture of him at home just to piss him off (it's not really him). We really don't like each other. :lol:
:lol:

Neon Breath wrote: Tue Jan 29, 2019 4:31 pm Crossed fingers for resynthesis :pray:
I'd rather they make Harmor 2! There are bunch of things I think they could add to Harmor that would take it over the top. Plus, some UI touch ups could go very far to make it easier to learn. I'm finally learning it now after having it for more than a year and it's incredible.

Return to “Instruments”