Bitwig Studio 2.5 Released!

Official support for: bitwig.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

ere2learn wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2019 11:36 pm
kpv wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2019 1:38 pm

- Clip Launcher: Loop length of recorded Clips is quantized to bars

:hyper:
The feature in question specifically is about the Clip Launcher, so you post a video of recording into arrangement? Huh.

Anyway, there's a ton of really important "small" fixes in 2.5, like the quantize clips in launcher recording (which, I imagine, should round clips to the nearest bar). Another one is that if you collapse all the damn folders in the browser, they STAY COLLAPSED, HALLELUJAH!!!!!

mholloway wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2019 12:17 am

like the quantize clips in launcher recording (which, I imagine, should round clips to the nearest bar).

If you looked you see that's what the gif is & that's recorded into the clip launcher

nm

Since v2.5 was announced I was kina 'meh' about the slip edit feature - I don't really use audio that much & also why wouldn't you just move the clip?

But today accidently I discovered that it also works for MIDI clips! :o Now it all makes sense and I'm super happy it's been added :) :tu: :clap:
Music tech enthusiast
DAW, VST & hardware hoarder
My "music": https://soundcloud.com/antic604

antic604 wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2019 3:09 am Since v2.5 was announced I was kina 'meh' about the slip edit feature - I don't really use audio that much & also why wouldn't you just move the clip?

But today accidently I discovered that it also works for MIDI clips! :o Now it all makes sense and I'm super happy it's been added :) :tu: :clap:
Whaaaaaaat? I had no idea. Nice!

antic604 wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2019 3:09 am Since v2.5 was announced I was kina 'meh' about the slip edit feature - I don't really use audio that much & also why wouldn't you just move the clip?

I was a little disappointed that slipping audio doesn't wrap the audio event... So if you have a 1 bar loop, you can't slip it and expect the start and end to wrap around (ala Reaper).

Hopefully I'm wrong and someone can point me to the error of my ways. Otherwise, can we get this in 2.5.1 please?!

neverbeeninariot wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2019 8:50 am

I was a little disappointed that slipping audio doesn't wrap the audio event... So if you have a 1 bar loop, you can't slip it and expect the start and end to wrap around (ala Reaper).

Hopefully I'm wrong and someone can point me to the error of my ways. Otherwise, can we get this in 2.5.1 please?!
1. Double-click the clip to open it in the Event Editor.

2. Down in the Event Editor, click CLIP on the left side to make sure you're in CLIP mode (not in TRACK mode).

2. Still in the Event Editor, click on the title bar of the EVENT (not the clip). If you don't understand the difference yet, take some time to watch the video I made about audio editing in Bitwig, linked below.

3. Press CTRL-D to duplicate the EVENT inside the CLIP.

4. Up in the Arranger timeline, CTRL-Drag on the clip to slip the audio and watch what happens when you slip it to the left. 8) Then watch down in the Event Editor when you let go of the mouse button. 8)

Here's that video on audio editing (pre-2.5 but still valid except it doesn't talk about slipping audio, of course):
https://youtu.be/YAdpVtj6hck

Can we all please send in a feature request for midi / audio recording chase in the luncher/arrangement view? :pray:

Its even harder to get over that it's not there, especially now after they have added the long overdue recording quantizing to bars. It feels like they are so close to "finish" the clip luncher.

I have no idea what 'slip edit' even is or why it's such a big deal?

^^^ aligning MIDI note triggered effects to audio materials much easier (or audio to MIDI notes) with it
"Where we're workarounding, we don't NEED features." - powermat

aMUSEd wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2019 3:31 pm I have no idea what 'slip edit' even is or why it's such a big deal?
Scrolling of clip's content without moving the clip itself:

Music tech enthusiast
DAW, VST & hardware hoarder
My "music": https://soundcloud.com/antic604

The faster Bitwig will be, the more happy I am :D I am pretty happy, since I have the feeling the dev team now goes into the right direction.

None of my VST3 plugins work in final 2.5
Bitwig can see them, but on selection - device isn't created.
VST2 work just fine.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

aMUSEd wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2019 3:31 pm I have no idea what 'slip edit' even is or why it's such a big deal?
That's one of my favourite features now. I can now chop and shuffle loops like a boss!

Yokai wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2019 12:30 pm
neverbeeninariot wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2019 8:50 am

1. Double-click the clip to open it in the Event Editor.
2. Down in the Event Editor, click CLIP on the left side to make sure you're in CLIP mode (not in TRACK mode).
2. Still in the Event Editor, click on the title bar of the EVENT (not the clip). If you don't understand the difference yet, take some time to watch the video I made about audio editing in Bitwig, linked below.
3. Press CTRL-D to duplicate the EVENT inside the CLIP.
4. Up in the Arranger timeline, CTRL-Drag on the clip to slip the audio and watch what happens when you slip it to the left. 8) Then watch down in the Event Editor when you let go of the mouse button. 8)
Thanks for the reply. I had figured that out already but... If I want to slip the other way? Then I need to manually copy the event to the other side of the clip. Meh.

To paraphrase someone on the forum, "when we're working around we don't need fixes". But of course, not having to take 4 or 5 extra steps to do this would be a workflow boost, not a 'take me out of the creative moment' kinda deal, like the current implementation.

Return to “Bitwig”