SampleTank 4 on the way

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
SampleTank SampleTank 3 SampleTank 4 SampleTank 4 MAX SampleTank 4 SE SampleTank Custom Shop

zzz00m wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2019 4:53 pm
Okay, here is a test:

Load one instance of ST4 standalone. The ST4 idle task is using 2.1GB memory in Windows 10 task manager. I can repeat this indefinitely with either ST4 standalone, or by using the VST plugin in a DAW host.

Now load one instrument "Red Strat Full Keyswitch". The ST4 task now is now using over 5GB memory, when the instrument loading completes.
5109.8 MB (or pretty much 5GB) here

I can not find a technichal support number.
Has any one installed this on Win 7

I am trying to open a support ticket.I click on submit ticket nothing happens

2,107.5 MB while Standalone is trying to run but failing.

2,179.8 MB in FL Studio.

5,173.5 MB while loading Red Strat Full Keyswitch. 4,101.0 MB after loading.

What content has to be download for the updated library to work fully?

C7 Binaural and Grand Cinematic Patches are missing content for sure. What else is?

ShawnMH wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2019 5:10 pm
Okay, here is a test:

Load one instance of ST4 standalone. The ST4 idle task is using 2.1GB memory in Windows 10 task manager. I can repeat this indefinitely with either ST4 standalone, or by using the VST plugin in a DAW host.

Now load one instrument "Red Strat Full Keyswitch". The ST4 task now is now using over 5GB memory, when the instrument loading completes.
Confirmed, aprox. 5.4GB here as well

Could I get you to:
1. Go to parts page (upper Left screen’s note icon )
2. click the instrument’s hamburger button to the right of the instrument icon
3. Choose empty

The RAM usage remains at the aprox 5GB
Change to a new preset and it adds to that amount.
Last edited by Dillinger on Tue Mar 12, 2019 9:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

dandezebra wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2019 9:19 pm What content has to be download for the updated library to work fully?

C7 Binaural and Grand Cinematic Patches are missing content for sure. What else is?
Same here

Try searching for the preset “behave queen” that’s one that’s still corrupt.
Last edited by Dillinger on Tue Mar 12, 2019 9:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

I reported this to the team, if you've also reported it directly you should also hear back with more information. I'll see what I hear on this. Thanks.

Behave Queen works for me...strange.

Wow, I missed that I have over 1000 posts by the way. Woohoo!

Dillinger wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2019 9:50 pm
Okay, here is a test:

Could I get you to:
3. Choose empty

That just TOTALLY borked up my "Red Strat Full Keyswitch"!!!!!!

:evil: :!: WTF!!?!

dandezebra wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2019 9:19 pm What content has to be download for the updated library to work fully?

Please make sure you've installed the SampleTank MAX Sound Library Update1.2 and the additional pianos:

Additional Piano Instruments
Additional Piano Samples Part 1
Additional Piano Samples Part 2
Additional Piano Samples Part 3
Additional Piano Samples Part 4
Additional Piano Samples Part 5
Additional Piano Samples Part 6
Additional Piano Samples Part 7
Additional Piano Samples Part 8
Additional Piano Samples Part 9
Additional Piano Samples Part 10

I'll make sure that is working in the email you get and/or a popup in your User Area as it is supposed to be messaged. Apologies if you didn't get a message about that. This should clear up your issues and I'll see what happened with the notification of this additional content directly here. Thanks.

Peter,

Thanks. What is the reason that these were not included in the USB? I thought that was why we waited that long to get them?

dandezebra wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2019 11:46 pm Peter,

Thanks. What is the reason that these were not included in the USB? I thought that was why we waited that long to get them?
You're welcome. These are additional pianos that were set aside due to the size from what I've been told.

Dillinger wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2019 9:50 pm
Okay, here is a test:

Could I get you to:
3. Choose empty

I couldn't duplicate the last part, when I hit empty it emptied the part and the RAM went back to 2.1GB,

But I observed something else very strange next:

1. I exited ST4 and restarted it, in an attempt to run the test again.
2. Loaded "Red Strat Full Keyswitch" (actually started loading it and walked away for about 20 minutes to do something else).
3. When I returned the Red Strat was loaded, but the ST4 RAM usage was showing only 2.1GB.
4. I played the instrument, so it was obviously loaded.
5. I opened up Task Manager to show the disk usage monitor, and I could see it reading from the sample drive as I played. I assume that maybe this is the disk streaming that should be working from the get go? It never made any sense to me why the entire instrument needs to be loaded into memory if we have streaming...
6. If I open up Resource Monitor to show disk activity, I can see the actual SampleTank 4 .pak files that are being read as I play the guitar.

Windows 10 and too many plugins

Have been playing with the standalone version for a while, and it looks like it will unexpectedly shut down when adding effects every now and then. ST4 just closes without an error when adding the effect. Anyone else?

BTW the "Behave queen" and "Cellos Falls Short" patches works over here (USB)

EDIT: Forget it, it just crashes randomly regardless of what I do. I was just looking at RAM consumption without touching it when it crashed. It also crashes sometimes when changing patches, effects etc.
Last edited by mixtur.se on Wed Mar 13, 2019 1:11 am, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Instruments”