£500 VST Instrument Or £500 Keyboard Synthesizer / Controller ?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion

£500 VST Instrument Or £500 Keyboard Synthesizer / Controller ?

£500 VST Instrument
39%
£500 Keyboard Synthesizer / Controller
61%

Total votes: 46

RELATED
PRODUCTS

AnX wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2019 6:10 am does that require the painfully useless ni service center (or whatever its called)?

if so, thats a big no here.
Native Access :wink:

Curious what issues you’ve had with it, as my recent experience installing quite a large NI haul (also 3rd party Kontakt libraries) was so smooth and efficient that I wished I could install all my software using it :shrug:

AnX wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2019 6:10 am does that require the painfully useless ni service center (or whatever its called)?

i dont understand why people are complaining, NI is the best example of handling installations. You dont need a bunch of download links, everything is automated, you just press install - NI downloads for you, installs for you and you just need to rescan plugins, simple as that. You can do backups if you want. I dont know maybe some people also want their asses to be wiped :D i mean for god sake you have to download hundreds of GIGs and install :help:

But if you like selftorture well then Sampletank 4 is for you buddy... :D
Last edited by Elektronisch on Wed Mar 13, 2019 8:47 am, edited 2 times in total.

el-bo (formerly ebow) wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2019 7:51 am

Curious what issues you’ve had with it, as my recent experience installing quite a large NI haul (also 3rd party Kontakt libraries) was so smooth and efficient that I wished I could install all my software using it :shrug:
that!

Elektronisch wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2019 8:45 am

But if you like selftorture well then Sampletank 4 is for you buddy... :D
:lol: yeah, thats another company i wont touch

its unnecessary, why do i need additional software installed, to install software?

also, the older version never worked here anyway...

AnX wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2019 9:29 am

its unnecessary, why do i need additional software installed, to install software?

Well for company with alot of products its just easier and Native Access isnt working in the background, its more like their plugin manager. Company has bundles with hundreds of gigs and having one manager that downloads and installs is just consumer friendly and avoids majority of people complaining about something like ST4 now do...250 of gigs and you have to download them manualy, additionaly to that you have to install them manualy from parts. And in Native acess, you see your library that takes 30 gigs, press install and thats it.

I mean really tell us your solution what companies that offer alot of plugins and libraries should do ? :) im really interested in hearing that :) because that is the only possible solution if you want to install over internet and avoid alot of manual labor. :)

I think I have been lucky enough to have not needed to rely so heavily on older versions of Native Access, so I guess I just lucked out on skipping buggier iterations :tu:

As for the idea that it's unnecessary to install additional software just to install software: I understand this sentiment when it comes to only owning one product from a few different companies, and having to deal with entire installer packages for those disparate pieces of software. However, the benefits become more obvious when you own a lot of software from one company.

Without 'Access' on my current install, I would have had to download about 20 pieces of software, including libraries; install all of them seperately, then authorise all of them seperately. Native Access replaces each plugin's three-stage installaion process with a few clicks. Same for updates :tu:

Elektronisch wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2019 9:43 am

Well for company with alot of products its just easier....
what about users who only have reaktor, or massive? it may be an advantage to ppl who own everything (tho i dont see how, its not like every product is updated every week) but its not for the average user

AnX wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2019 10:12 am

what about users who only have reaktor, or massive? it may be an advantage to ppl who own everything (tho i dont see how, its not like every product is updated every week) but its not for the average user
You can do that aswel :)
Your download from Native Instruments

Dear customer,

Thank you very much for your interest in REAKTOR 6!

DOWNLOAD
You can download your file(s) via the link below.
http://www.native-instruments.com/download/v1W6mi4OFJ/
This link is active for 48 hours only.

Best wishes,
The Native Instruments team

Elektronisch wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2019 10:17 am

Dear customer,

DOWNLOAD

Best wishes,
Your link doesnt work, please send Reaktor to my Facebook. Thnx.
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

whyterabbyt wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2019 10:23 am

Dear customer,

DOWNLOAD

Best wishes,
Your link doesnt work, please send Reaktor to my Facebook. Thnx.
Do it yourself, just enter the email to get the download link :)

https://www.native-instruments.com/en/p ... downloads/

AnX wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2019 10:12 am

You can do that aswel :)

without installing NA?

i have no idea, im not gonna test it, and i dont care, i have Komplete ultimate, im happy with Native Access, i just showed that its possible. :) dont be lazy do it yourself :)

Elektronisch wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2019 10:34 am i have no idea, im not gonna test it, and i dont care, i have Komplete ultimate, im happy with Native Access, i just showed that its possible. :) dont be lazy do it yourself :)
i know its not possible, you need it even for free stuff like Player.

I'll pass.

AnX wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2019 10:39 am
Elektronisch wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2019 10:34 am i have no idea, im not gonna test it, and i dont care, i have Komplete ultimate, im happy with Native Access, i just showed that its possible. :) dont be lazy do it yourself :)
i know its not possible, you need it even for free stuff like Player.

I'll pass.
:tu:

Return to “Instruments”