SampleTank 4 on the way

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
SampleTank SampleTank 3 SampleTank 4 SampleTank 4 MAX SampleTank 4 SE SampleTank Custom Shop

Talvin wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2019 4:12 pm Today I upgraded my PC to 32 GB hoping the crashes would disappear. As a test I tried loading Red Strat Full and then Black LP Full.
In standalone I had an instant crash, in Studio One 4 Black LP played no sounds.
In defense of IkMultimedia I can say that the support was really responsive and they are working on a fix. Right now it's best to avoid a combination of the sounds which cause problems.
What sounds cause crashes in Studio One?

I'm still very concerned and will probably return my USB copy before I open/install it bc I have a modest system compared to many who have posted on here and so I'm sure my system would crash even quicker and easier and I don't want to spend money upgrading my system for another year, not to mention I'm about maxed on hard drive space. I also despise troubleshooting music software and I've been doing it for about 15 years and I just don't have the time and energy for that kinda unpaid stress anymore. The last install process with Sampletank 3 was incredibly stressful and time consuming.

Studio One 2.7
Windows 10
I7-3630 quad mobile 2.4
8gb ram
1 tb7200rpm hybrid
128gb SSD

I could not find a installer for the sound library 1.2 update.
How do you install it. still waiting for tech support.

Bruceferraudi wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2019 6:40 pm
Talvin wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2019 4:12 pm Today I upgraded my PC to 32 GB hoping the crashes would disappear. As a test I tried loading Red Strat Full and then Black LP Full.
In standalone I had an instant crash, in Studio One 4 Black LP played no sounds.
In defense of IkMultimedia I can say that the support was really responsive and they are working on a fix. Right now it's best to avoid a combination of the sounds which cause problems.

I'm still very concerned and will probably return my USB copy before I open/install it bc I have a modest system compared to many who have posted on here and so I'm sure my system would crash even quicker and easier and I don't want to spend money upgrading my system for another year, not to mention I'm about maxed on hard drive space. I also despise troubleshooting music software and I've been doing it for about 15 years and I just don't have the time and energy for that kinda unpaid stress anymore. The last install process with Sampletank 3 was incredibly stressful and time consuming.

Studio One 2.7
Windows 10
I7-3630 quad mobile 2.4
8gb ram
1 tb7200rpm hybrid
128gb SSD
Actually, these specs aren’t bad. The processor is fine - hard disks look great, assuming you can free up some space if you are low. I would suggest upgrading to 16GB ram if possible, but that shouldn’t cost much these days.

I’m running an i7-6700HQ and yours specs out nearly as good. I’m not seeing crazy CPU use with ST4 anyway - mostly RAM use. I’ve got 16GB RAM and my system seems very stable compared to others posting here.

The biggest problem I see is Studio One. There have been more Studio One issues raised in this thread than any other DAW, I think. Those issues may be solved by now, but I don’t use Studio One.

What was the point of the USB drive when you still have to download half the content!! (and work out what needs to be downloaded- install PDF corrupted!)

Not a great start..... :dog:
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

It is amazing how much their customer service thinks that the problem was really just a couple of installers and a couple of bugs. That is the most recent response I got from them.

Mkdaws32@gmail.com wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2019 7:23 pm
The biggest problem I see is Studio One. There have been more Studio One issues raised in this thread than any other DAW, I think. Those issues may be solved by now, but I don’t use Studio One.
I have Studio One, and I can tell you it's not just that one, or anything related to a specific DAW. I also have Ableton Live and a few others, and they can all crash with ST4 at some point. Even the standalone ST4 goes poof on occasion.

But now that IK support is looking into these issues, I am hopeful that they will be releasing a fix soon for stability and resource usage.
Windows 10 and too many plugins

Does a anyone have sampltank 4 working on Windows 7?
Last edited by bill45 on Wed Mar 13, 2019 9:44 pm, edited 2 times in total.

zzz00m wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2019 7:56 pm
Mkdaws32@gmail.com wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2019 7:23 pm
I have Studio One, and I can tell you it's not just that one, or anything related to a specific DAW. I also have Ableton Live and a few others, and they can all crash with ST4 at some point. Even the standalone ST4 goes poof on occasion.

But now that IK support is looking into these issues, I am hopeful that they will be releasing a fix soon for stability and resource usage.
Sorry. I in no way meant to blame Studio One - just to mention that there have been reports of it crashing there and that I was not aware of IK fixed any issues they had with respect to their product working on Studio One :)

Yeah I appreciate that you do care personally. That can be rare in customer service. A couple companies in this realm have basically released anyone helpful and tried to avoid customer service especially on open forums. Hopefully IKM understands that you likely offset your salary by orders of magnitude in keeping customers happy or at least less unhappy. You are earning your keep this week that is for sure!

Peter - IK Multimedia wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2019 11:58 pm
dandezebra wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2019 11:46 pm Peter,

Thanks. What is the reason that these were not included in the USB? I thought that was why we waited that long to get them?
You're welcome. These are additional pianos that were set aside due to the size from what I've been told.
I like having more content but can't quite figure out who thought it would be a good idea (not yours!) to make people who paid extra for a USB version and waited weeks for them to ship and then have them download additional content this early because it wouldn't fit. Oh well. I would be way more upset if I had limited download / month. I just have slow internet so it will take...a while...

I think I found a different problem than what others noticed. On the newer instrument list for Sampletank 4, it now lists other drum kits like Melody Kit or Big Crush Kit as one of the available instruments in addition to Acoustic Pop/Vintage Rock whereas before only Acoustic Pop/Vintage Rock were listed for it. I only have access to the sound files of the two drum kits - Acoustic Pop and Vintage Rock.

Studio One 2.7
Windows 10
I7-3630 quad mobile 2.4
8gb ram
1 tb7200rpm hybrid
128gb SSD
==============================================================

Your version of Studio One is over 4 years old. Perhaps a upgrade is in order?

bill45 wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2019 7:01 pm I could not find a installer for the sound library 1.2 update.
Log into IK, go to 'my products' Sampletank 4 , sounds; and it's in the dropdown menu.
It's only 131MB ......

mrsugmad wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 3:45 am
bill45 wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2019 7:01 pm I could not find a installer for the sound library 1.2 update.
Log into IK, go to 'my products' Sampletank 4 , sounds; and it's in the dropdown menu.
It's only 131MB ......
Sorry, I was not clear.I got the file, unzipped it but there was no installer.Just the instrument folder.

I found the installer for the sound library 1.2 up date
I think Peter said to install this before the 4.02 update.
Gonna go back and take a look.

Return to “Instruments”