£500 VST Instrument Or £500 Keyboard Synthesizer / Controller ?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion

£500 VST Instrument Or £500 Keyboard Synthesizer / Controller ?

£500 VST Instrument
39%
£500 Keyboard Synthesizer / Controller
61%

Total votes: 46

RELATED
PRODUCTS

If I really took the time to learn all the software I have, including Komplete 11 stuff, orange tree guitars, reaper and renoise I don't think I'd really need either so it's tough to say.
I might be better served buying a bunch of vinyl for dirty sampling and scratching.

I've downloaded and installed stuff without Native Access in the past. It's only last year, when I bought a Maschine Mikro, that I started using it and it's been great.
AnX wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2019 10:12 amwhat about users who only have reaktor, or massive? it may be an advantage to ppl who own everything (tho i dont see how, its not like every product is updated every week) but its not for the average user
Whilst that is true, it is also true that it isn't any more hassle, either. It's surprising how often products are updated. Last week, for example, I had a new version of Maschine and Komplete Kontrol to install. Instead of having to go and find the installers on line, then download and install them separately, I just clicked "Update All", went and made dinner and by the time I was ready to get back to work, both products had been updated and were ready to go.

Even if you only have one product, you install Native Access instead of that product and then Native Access installs the product and authorises it for you. So from the get-go you are no worse off and after just one update you're actually ahead.

It doesn't run constantly in the background, you have to run it to check for updates, so it's not consuming system resources all the time or anything, it's just a really convenient way to check for updates and install any that are available.

It's something I first came across with Line 6, in 2005 or so, with Line 6 Monkey. I was initially skeptical but it turned out to be fantastic. I'm surprised it's taken the rest of the software world so long to catch on.
NOVAkILL : Asus RoG Flow Z13, Core i9, 16GB RAM, Win11 | EVO 16 | Studio One | bx_oberhausen, GR-8, JP6K, Union, Hexeract, Olga, TRK-01, SEM, BA-1, Thorn, Prestige, Spire, Legend-HZ, ANA-2, VG Iron 2 | Uno Pro, Rocket.

Some people just dont want to believe no matter what. Even if you will show everything visualy and make a proof eventualy that kind of person will try to find any argument to use it as a disproval just because he doesnt want to believe :-)

BONES wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 1:12 am It doesn't run constantly in the background, you have to run it to check for updates , so it's not consuming system resources all the time or anything, it's just a really convenient way to check for updates and install any that are available.
so i need to install extra software, then run it everyday just in case there is an update?

doesnt sound very convenient

AnX wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 6:35 am
BONES wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 1:12 am It doesn't run constantly in the background, you have to run it to check for updates , so it's not consuming system resources all the time or anything, it's just a really convenient way to check for updates and install any that are available.
so i need to install extra software, then run it everyday just in case there is an update?

... Same convenient as checking plugin website every day if there is an update.

Look if your main goal is to have only plugin installed there is no reason to say managers are bad only because you dont like it, we tried to show you that they are good, because they are in NI case, but you have your argument for disproval, if it works for you, good, be happy :tu:

Im going to repeat myself
Elektronisch wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 5:59 am Some people just dont want to believe no matter what. Even if you will show everything visualy and make a proof eventualy that kind of person will try to find any argument to use it as a disproval just because he doesnt want to believe :-)
Case closed.

Elektronisch wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 7:01 am

i dont, i get informed of updates, no effort at all

case closed

AnX wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 7:05 am

case closed
good for you man :tu:

You still have to download manualy, install, delete the installer. :clown:

delete the installer? :uhuhuh:

500 for the perfect master keyboard, providing golden keys and fatar keyboard, aftertouch, 2 exp. and switch pedal connectors, usb midi in/out/thru, 8 endless knobs, 8 (motor) faders, all with little text displays (bright displays), 8 drumpads, solid, workstation-grade X/Y-stick, touchslider, A and B button, very combat built not wasting a single centimeter, metal case or something very stable, no glossy look. Doesn't exist. Instead you'll get a cheap compromise always, numlocked in the 90s. So, buy software instead.

AnX wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 7:05 am

case closed

not that i care what you use or dont use, but ni tend to inform us of updates too.
they dont just secretly release them in the hopes you'll check.
it's not that big an issue tbh.

Rule what game? I can't think of a single reason to bother with a wavetable synth. Surer, I have a couple but I didn't buy 'em because they're wavetable synths, it's just what they happen to be.

Well if you are a home producer with a limited budget,you can buy few amazing wavetable vst synths and to produce any kind of music,that's the game :):):)

That's ridiculous. I don't need a wavetable synth to do that at all. In fact, if that's your situation, I'd suggest you'd be better off with a sample-based instrument or a ROMpler style thing. You'll get a far broader range of options than from any wavetable synth.
Do you check for updates every day on the software you already have installed? No, of course you don't, so stop being a dick.
AnX wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 7:05 ami dont, i get informed of updates, no effort at all
And when that happens, you run Native Access and it's all taken care of. No need to navigate websites or even open your browser. better still, you can unsubscribe from all the company's emails so you don't get spammed. Case closed.
NOVAkILL : Asus RoG Flow Z13, Core i9, 16GB RAM, Win11 | EVO 16 | Studio One | bx_oberhausen, GR-8, JP6K, Union, Hexeract, Olga, TRK-01, SEM, BA-1, Thorn, Prestige, Spire, Legend-HZ, ANA-2, VG Iron 2 | Uno Pro, Rocket.

BONES wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 11:47 pm
Do you check for updates every day on the software you already have installed? No, of course you don't, so stop being a dick.
no, as i said, i get informed of updates. Learn to read, dick

BONES wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 11:47 pm
AnX wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 7:05 ami dont, i get informed of updates, no effort at all
And when that happens, you run Native Access and it's all taken care of. No need to navigate websites or even open your browser. better still, you can unsubscribe from all the company's emails so you don't get spammed. Case closed.
the link to the update is in the email, no hassle at all, and no bloat software required

case closed dick

Damn that's hard, especially when Behringer is almost giving away their hardware synths.

/C
ANALOG DEEP HOUSE 2 for U-HE DIVA
HARDWARE SAMPLER FANATIC - Akai S1100/S950/Z8 - Casio FZ20m - Emu Emax I - Ensoniq ASR10/EPS

Return to “Instruments”