Hell Fiend Conductor (Re-upload)

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

https://soundcloud.com/fc1985/detroit3

A bit of a crazy one this, knocked together for a bit of fun. Genre: Industrial metal? I used samples from the Linndrum machine.
Last edited by frank1985 on Sat Mar 16, 2019 6:31 am, edited 4 times in total.

Video unavailable.

wagtunes wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 6:17 pm Video unavailable.
Try again

My Feedback

Music - 8
Instruments - 8
Performance - 8
Mix - 6

Overall - 7.5

Comments: Mix dull. I'd guess there's nothing over 1k. Volume needs turning up too. Musically it's okay but mix is so dull it makes it hard to be interested. It's like there's a muffler over it. Abrupt cutoff at end doesn't help as far as presentation.

has an air of the spawn soundtrack, where they got dance and metal bands working together :hihi:

could also imagine mike patton crooning over this, peeping tom rather than fnm, maybe a bit of bungle :ud:

wagtunes wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 7:32 pm My Feedback

Music - 8
Instruments - 8
Performance - 8
Mix - 6

Overall - 7.5

Comments: Mix dull. I'd guess there's nothing over 1k. Volume needs turning up too. Musically it's okay but mix is so dull it makes it hard to be interested. It's like there's a muffler over it. Abrupt cutoff at end doesn't help as far as presentation.
Yeah you’re right...I sacrificed too much of the guitar freqs in order to get everything to fit...especially the drums. definitely need to work on this more. Still open to more forum feedback though.

vurt wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 7:37 pm has an air of the spawn soundtrack, where they got dance and metal bands working together :hihi:

could also imagine mike patton crooning over this, peeping tom rather than fnm, maybe a bit of bungle :ud:
I love mike Patton, particularly his tomahawk stuff...Anonymous is a really great, original album

:tu:

shows a lot of promise ...
work on the mix , and it's a keeper ...

dig the guitar, but wags is on the ball.... comes over lacking sizzle over here too.
i would add a little variety to the percussion. my 2. but that guitar.... :tu:
HW SYNTHS [KORG T2EX - AKAI AX80 - YAMAHA SY77 - ENSONIQ VFX]
HW MODULES [OBi M1000 - ROLAND MKS-50 - ROLAND JV880 - KURZ 1000PX]
SW [CHARLATAN - OBXD - OXE - ELEKTRO - MICROTERA - M1 - SURGE - RMiV]
DAW [ENERGY XT2/1U RACK WINXP / MAUDIO 1010LT PCI]

layzer wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 9:57 pm dig the guitar, but wags is on the ball.... comes over lacking sizzle over here too.
Thanks! Yes, for variety I was thinking of adding some ping pong delay and filter automation on the drums for certain parts. Honestly I’m finding mixing really hard for this type of genre (or just in general) ...wagtunes has sent me crashing back down to earth several times....but I guess I need to produce a bunch of these shitty mixes in order to improve. I’ll give this a go from scratch at the weekend.

layzer wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 9:57 pm dig the guitar, but wags is on the ball.... comes over lacking sizzle over here too.
You taught me a lot and you've helped me more than you know. I can now recognize when things are off.

frank1985 wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 6:55 pm
wagtunes wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 6:17 pm Video unavailable.
Try again
Did so and got a 'Video removed by user' response both times. :shrug:

wagtunes wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 7:32 pm My Feedback

Music - 8
Instruments - 8
Performance - 8
Mix - 6

Overall - 7.5

I did another remix, fancy a listen? After listening back again I still feel i need to add more automation to the drums and also level out some of the synths... but it's more or less done. :phones: https://soundcloud.com/fc1985/detroit3
Last edited by frank1985 on Sat Mar 16, 2019 6:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

had a re-listen ...

got more into the guitar ...
you've got a little adrian belew in ya ...

sorry to say , the mix is still a mess ...
should be salvageable , unless it was recorded this way ...

Return to “Music Cafe”