Ableton Redux

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I am loving this four-parameter in Ableton Live, and I'd really like to know how other people are using it.

Just now I am experimenting with it on a Matrix 12 V synth line, and I'm getting a range from mild formants to burning break up of the entire sound.

I plan to take the experiments and slice them up to find useable pieces - but as I say, I'm really interested to know how other people are using this tool (or similar plugins)...

Redux is lacking wet/dry knob imo. But it's good on synths and drums esp for lowering specter of hats and snares.
Murderous duck!

What does ‘lowering specter’ mean?

MeTangent wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 10:28 pm What does ‘lowering specter’ mean?
The frequency response associated with lowering the sample rate.

I’ll havw to try it to understand what it does to the sound...

I'm not sure about 4 parameters (it's always had 2 as far as I'm aware). But aside from that it's a fairly standard bit-crusher, like all Live effects it's minimal feature-wise but does the job and is geared more toward live use.

If you want to go deeper into bit-reduction it's worth checking out Tritik Krush which is free and has a whole heap of modulators and stuff. https://www.tritik.com/products/krush/

nextlevelm6 wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 10:55 pm
that would actually be 'spectrum'. 'specters' are ghosts.
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

whyterabbyt wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2019 9:49 am
nextlevelm6 wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 10:55 pm
that would actually be 'spectrum'. 'specters' are ghosts.
Ghosts called "Phil"

mutantdog wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2019 5:33 am I'm not sure about 4 parameters (it's always had 2 as far as I'm aware).
It's actually 4: rate reduction coefficient knob, rate reduction soft/hard button, bit depth knob and bit depth reduction on/off
Murderous duck!

I use it a lot for more LoFi style sounds. Love the noise that gets introduced below 12bit. Sounds great if it is being modulated dynamically via a Compressor after it. Gives it some nice sucking/pulsing movement

david.beholder wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2019 8:22 pm
mutantdog wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2019 5:33 am I'm not sure about 4 parameters (it's always had 2 as far as I'm aware).
It's actually 4: rate reduction coefficient knob, rate reduction soft/hard button, bit depth knob and bit depth reduction on/off
Aah, i wasn't counting the buttons. :)

Redux was my main to go effect for many years. Enjoy it, ;)

good to know there are other fans of redux 😀
Last edited by MeTangent on Sat Mar 16, 2019 2:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

I’ll try compression after redux. I also quite like following it with pitch hack, another current favourite of mine👍

Return to “Effects”