SampleTank 4 on the way

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
SampleTank SampleTank 3 SampleTank 4 SampleTank 4 MAX SampleTank 4 SE SampleTank Custom Shop

DrumAddict wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 7:08 pm
DarkStar wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 6:27 pm
DrumAddict wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 6:02 pm how long it takes until the IK Support responds to their support tickets ?
Generally within 1-2 business days. But you can always Replay to your Ticket asking for a progress report / guidance.
i would like to hear it or answere from other customer , sorry .

1-2 business days i can not believe because its already 4 days and no answere . tbh it is inacceptable .
Always 1-2 days for me, and I’ve contacted support a few times over the past few years.

mrsugmad wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 3:41 am
Bruceferraudi wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2019 6:40 pm
Talvin wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2019 4:12 pm Today I upgraded my PC to 32 GB hoping the crashes would disappear. As a test I tried loading Red Strat Full and then Black LP Full.
In standalone I had an instant crash, in Studio One 4 Black LP played no sounds.
In defense of IkMultimedia I can say that the support was really responsive and they are working on a fix. Right now it's best to avoid a combination of the sounds which cause problems.
What sounds cause crashes in Studio One?

I'm still very concerned and will probably return my USB copy before I open/install it bc I have a modest system compared to many who have posted on here and so I'm sure my system would crash even quicker and easier and I don't want to spend money upgrading my system for another year, not to mention I'm about maxed on hard drive space. I also despise troubleshooting music software and I've been doing it for about 15 years and I just don't have the time and energy for that kinda unpaid stress anymore. The last install process with Sampletank 3 was incredibly stressful and time consuming.

Studio One 2.7
Windows 10
I7-3630 quad mobile 2.4
8gb ram
1 tb7200rpm hybrid
128gb SSD
==============================================================

Your version of Studio One is over 4 years old. Perhaps a upgrade is in order?
Thanks for the suggestion but I don't need or want an upgrade-it already does far more than I'd ever have use for and I'd much rather spend my cash elsewhere. Not to mention all my other VSTs work flawlessly. I'd consider upgrading to 12-16gb ram but again would rather not bc I'd just assume replace the entire computer in a year or two.

Ok, their first suggestion did not work.So now I have to download
Team builder software which will allow them to look into my computer
remotely.Don't even know my id or password Wow!!

bill45 wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 10:12 pm Ok, their first suggestion did not work.So now I have to download
Team builder software which will allow them to look into my computer
remotely.Don't even know my id or password Wow!!
you must have meant TeamViewer. if you're worried about remote access, then TeamViewer is perfectly safe and very easy to use. you have to run it, and it will tell you your ID and the password that you're supposed to tell to support. just leave it running and they'll take care of the rest. just don't be an idiot and throw your hands up in the air screaming "i don't know how to do that".
I don't know what to write here that won't be censored, as I can only speak in profanity.

Team viewer sorry.My ik user name and password

Not being an idiot.I think i'm being patient.

Has anyone else has problems with Sampletank 4 max upgrade on windows 7 ?
Could sampletank 3 be causing issues with sampletank 4.American acoustic shows up in sampltank 3
But it will not load.

bill45 wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2019 4:55 am Has anyone else has problems with Sampletank 4 max upgrade on windows 7 ?
Could sampletank 3 be causing issues with sampletank 4.American acoustic shows up in sampltank 3
But it will not load.
American Acoustic was originally for ST3. As long as you have MAX, it should work fine in both ST3 and ST4.

It should be installed in the ST3 file/folder path.

If you somehow happened to buy the upgrade (cheaper) version MAX by mistake, then it (and other instruments) might not be authorized.

The upgrade to ST4 MAX (I think) required one to previously own ST3 Max. This is how I bought the upgrade.

nope, upgrade to MAX is really a cross-grade, not an upgrade. you didn't even need to own SampleTank 3 or 2 to qualify.
I don't know what to write here that won't be censored, as I can only speak in profanity.

ShawnMH wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2019 5:51 am
The upgrade to ST4 MAX (I think) required one to previously own ST3 Max. This is how I bought the upgrade.
I only had the standard ST3, and bought ST4 MAX for the crossgrade price, which I believe anyone with a registered IK product over $99+ is eligible for.

So now in addition to all of the new ST4 MAX goodies, I have everything from ST3 MAX available in my ST4 downloads list. :D
Last edited by zzz00m on Sat Mar 16, 2019 2:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Windows 10 and too many plugins

zzz00m wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2019 1:56 pm
ShawnMH wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2019 5:51 am
I only had the standard ST3, and bought ST4 MAX for the crossgrade price, which I believe anyone with a registered IK product over $99+ is eligible for.

So now in addition to all of the new ST4 MAX goodies, I have everything from ST3 MAX available in my downloads. :D
This - I was complaining about the amount of downloading I had to do even though I bought the USB version then realised I didn't even know I was going to get all that ST3 MAX stuff so I STFU :ud:

Almost 40 separate downloads and installs (including the piano) in addition to what was on the USB!

That's a lot of stuff!
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

Is there a complete list of what must be downloaded if you got the USB version?

Peter mentioned the Additional Pianos but it sounds like there might be more.

ShawnMH wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2019 2:43 am Can anybody tell me what parts are in the ST4 Multi: Grooves/Light Cheese.st4m?

It is crash-poofing on me, so I am assuming one or more instruments may be corrupt for me.

EDITS:
and now... ST4 Multi: Grooves/Noises.st4m, Perpetua.st4m, Ritmi.st4m, Technicality.st4m

and...ST4 Multi: Motion/Animas.st4m, Bacterium.st4m

also...ST4 Multi: Pads/Nagging.st4m

Singles:
ST4 Arpeggio/Climax Groove, Noisy FM, White Sequence

ST4 Synth FX/White Noise Analog 4s.st4i
I can confirm that these are also crashing for me as well. Seems like there are some corrupt files/presets.

dandezebra wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2019 3:45 pm Is there a complete list of what must be downloaded if you got the USB version?

Peter mentioned the Additional Pianos but it sounds like there might be more.
The software tells you- if the pack/picture (under single instrument) has an arrow on top you need to download it, if its a padlock on top you need to buy it, if its neither its installed! You can select to hide packs you don't have a licence for (top) and that makes it easier to see- :tu:
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

We need to be able to individually hide packs from both the select list and have those selections reflect in the search results. I don't need to see the SE or limited versions of libraries.
If you have to ask, you can't afford the answer

Return to “Instruments”