One more Intel CPU flaw(Spoiler), AMD not affected.

Configure and optimize you computer for Audio.
Pictus
KVRist
179 posts since 21 Aug, 2017 from Brasil

Post Tue Mar 05, 2019 11:33 am

diaper@ky
KVRist
229 posts since 29 Jul, 2014

Re: One more Intel CPU flaw(Spoiler), AMD not affected.

Post Tue Mar 05, 2019 3:32 pm

What if your box never goes online after installing an OS like 8.1.
I’ve got 3 machines that don’t even have Network Drivers enabled or browsers installed.
I just use a Windows 10 IDM Based Machine for distribution to flash drives and transfer updates or new instruments.
I was going to go all Windows 10 but for my needs there’s no advantages and 8.1 is faster loading apps possibly due to the routines 10 performs.

Not sure if this is a warning to consumers, or more like a move to open up lawsuits against Intel for non disclosure violations.

O

chk071
KVRAF
18912 posts since 11 Apr, 2010 from Germany

Post Tue Mar 05, 2019 3:34 pm

Know what? Whenever i read of the "newest vulnerarbility", i simply couldn't care less. It doesn't affect me in any way. So why should i bother?

Googly Smythe
KVRAF
2284 posts since 12 May, 2011 from Not where I was just now.

Post Tue Mar 05, 2019 4:00 pm

Does this mean that Lady GaGa could steal my Next Big Hit that I've nearly finished!!! :o
Bandcamp - Soundcloud
Atari STE (4MBytes), Cubase Score 2, Tascam 244, Alessis MiniVerb, BOSS RDD-20, &tc...

fedexnman
KVRAF
2431 posts since 4 Jan, 2005

Post Tue Mar 05, 2019 4:50 pm

Article makes Intel stock go down , rich folks go and buy tons of Intel stock , a month or two later Intel announces the Next Big thing , Intel Stock goes way up , rich folks get richer .... The End .....

DrGonzo
KVRAF
2157 posts since 24 Oct, 2000 from A Swede Living in Budapest

Post Fri Mar 15, 2019 3:03 am

fedexnman wrote:
Tue Mar 05, 2019 4:50 pm
Article makes Intel stock go down , rich folks go and buy tons of Intel stock , a month or two later Intel announces the Next Big thing , Intel Stock goes way up , rich folks get richer .... The End .....
Feeling the same thing, sadly enough. That security flaw with Intel processors everybody was shouting about a year ago - did anyone actually replicate it and sneak out encrypted data?

/C
Plughugger Sound Design
DISTORTED EVOLUTION 2 HORROR for OMNISPHERE 2
HARDWARE SAMPLER FANATIC - Akai S1100/S950/Z8 - Casio FZ20m - Emu Emax I - Roland S750/DJ70 - Ensoniq ASR10/EPSm

metamorphosis
KVRAF
3788 posts since 8 Jan, 2005 from Hamilton, New Zealand

Post Fri Mar 15, 2019 3:16 pm

DrGonzo wrote:
Fri Mar 15, 2019 3:03 am
fedexnman wrote:
Feeling the same thing, sadly enough. That security flaw with Intel processors everybody was shouting about a year ago - did anyone actually replicate it and sneak out encrypted data?

/C
#Y2KLogic

chk071
KVRAF
18912 posts since 11 Apr, 2010 from Germany

Post Fri Mar 15, 2019 3:30 pm

DrGonzo wrote:
Fri Mar 15, 2019 3:03 am
fedexnman wrote:

/C
As far as i know, nope. Apart from what fedexnman wrote, it's also a win-win for the press, and the security software industry. Not to mention the big boner you get when you create horror stories, create fear, and exert power over other humans. That's why every time i read about the next big security breach, i just keep thinking that i couldn't care less about it. It's all nonsense anyway.

I forgot, it's about the evil monopolist as well, of course. How could i have forgotten that. Important point for the weekend rebels with their Apple computers.

Return to “Computer Setup and System Configuration”