How do I update my Fathom Pro synth to the latest version?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I'm confused. Bought the Pro version in early 2017, got an "update pass code" (serial number?) with original purchase and it said "You will need this code to download new software versions of Fathom.".

OK so here I am 2 years later and wanting to get the latest update. How do I do that?

I went to the website and downloaded an installer from the "Version Updates" section, but it's a password protected zip file and my "update pass code" doesn't unlock it.

Then I noticed the website says...
Software Upgrades

Software upgrades cost $3.00.

Paying for upgrades is voluntary. However, users paying for the upgrade can usually purchase it a week in advance of the free download becoming available after testing.
What's an upgrade vs an update?

I'm tempted to pay the $3 to "upgrade" and see what happens, but I'm not confident I'm barking up the correct tree, ie: maybe it's an upgrade from the Computer Music version, or something.

I think the password system was modified in the interim,
It was mentioned at the time in the thread, some months back

When I bought one of the inexpensive updates,
I received an email with a new password that has unlocked
each archive since then.

If I'm mistaken, the boss will be here soon,
he's probably coding hours before East coast bankers
get hot coffee :hyper:

(CM version is not part of this new password scenario)

Thanks for the help my friend :)

So, I think my confusion stems from "upgrade vs update" - you know, like with Native Instruments they are VERY different terms. But it's looking like the answer is "upgrade EQUALS update". Happy to pony up the $3 to continue receiving, if that's the case.

Did you get it sorted out.

The update/upgrade policy is via honor system really. I f you have already purchased the pro version. The Dev asks for 3 or so $3.00 update fees per year. At your discretion. It is a fair deal as we want to keep him updating.

As mentioned above ....If you purchased A while back there has been a new SN. The new should be sent out after update purchase. And if it has been a while the updates are significant. The SN should come in the receipt of payment.
We jumped the fence because it was a fence not be cause the grass was greener.
https://scrubbingmonkeys.bandcamp.com/
https://sites.google.com/view/scrubbing-monkeys

The dev will reply to email requests for a new update passcode if you have a Pro license. He changed them at some point after it was originally released, and so the original passcodes issued will no longer work. Just get the latest code and you will be good to go for unzipping the updates/upgrades. You don't have to buy them, but he will appreciate it if you do!

support@fathomsynth.com
Windows 10 and too many plugins

Return to “Instruments”