New Nebula Cassette Tape set!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

in fact, i still have a stack of unopened cassettes. i think i'm going to do that sooner rather then later. sounds like fun.

nice dasheesh, good luck with that. yeah it's a shame that you need a copy of nebula (a great technology but yes a bit pricey) to use this library. if i could get acustica to let me release some of these older libraries of mine on their acquarius platform then it wouldn't be an issue, as i believe that then you simply need to download acquarius and you'd be able to buy this library (if it were on there), albeit at a bit of a higher price than i'm selling it for now.

it'd be like a standalone thing- nebula is actually built in but you don't pay for it separately, there's just an increased library price. i'd love to be able to do that and i think a few of my older libraries (this stuff and my tube radio ones) could become relatively popular if the hurdle of having to own nebula weren't there, and you could simply DL acquarius. so far that doesn't seem to be in the cards though.

plexus- this track is somewhat epic. pretty cool stuff man! i've thought about those separate dbx noise reduction units. was it one of those dbx II units you used?

Cupwise wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2019 6:36 pm plexus- this track is somewhat epic. pretty cool stuff man! i've thought about those separate dbx noise reduction units. was it one of those dbx II units you used?
IF you thought part 10 was epic, try parts 1-12. :tu: Part 1 was recorded to a really cheap cassette deck and cheap normal tape with cheap noisy gear, while sitting on the shag rug floor of my bedroom with my high school chum who plays guitar:

https://soundcloud.com/musicofplexus/sets/whale

Yes the 19" rack dBx II stereo units with RCAs on the back. I have two I use with a TEAC 3440 and one of the with a cassette deck - it really is better NR than Dolby. When I transcribe the dBx cassette to digital, I used the dBx emulation in the u-he Satin plugin to decode - it worked great! :phones:

So... its possible to use Satin's dBx encode, through your cassette programs, and decode through Satin to get a similar sound! Nice to have this old tech in digital form! :phones:

how do you change the C254-E Compressor in N4? I've put the files in correct place but how do I change it? It shows default ones. By the way good work! Thanks

So this won't run in the Nebula Free Player? What's the purpose of N4P?
Intel Core i7 8700K, 16gb, Windows 10 Pro, Focusrite Scarlet 6i6

Thavma wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2019 11:52 pm how do you change the C254-E Compressor in N4? I've put the files in correct place but how do I change it? It shows default ones. By the way good work! Thanks
i don't even really understand this question, but you should email me directly for customer service type questions like this. it's just better for me to help with this kind of stuff by direct emails. so if you could get in touch with me through the contact form(s) at my site i can then try to help you out.
morelia wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 8:44 am So this won't run in the Nebula Free Player? What's the purpose of N4P?
i originally made this library about 5-6 or so years before n4 or n4 player even existed. so i think, obviously, your question is more of a question for acustica than it is for me, as i don't make nebula and didn't make nebula 4 player. acustica could answer as to why they made nebula 4 player, but i can't answer that for them.

sorry I meant, how do you change N4 skin to use the C254-E skin, thanks

there's a skin install manual that comes in the install zips

Cupwise wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 8:40 pm there's a skin install manual that comes in the install zips
I don't think it comes with the demo. Nothing here

the demo probably doesn't have a skin. it's just there so you can demo the sound. if you want to go further with questions about that library you should probably email me.

They a just packs for nebula, right? Sounds so nice, but I really had only very bad experience with nebula. Would be so cool to have this sound in a easy to install and usable plugin.

that would be nice, but isn't possible

Return to “Effects”