Sitarnce - first trance

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Sounds great!

Did I just miss it, or have you forgotten to add a female vox sample in your attempt to check off all the items on the tarnce prerequisites checklist? You got the ethnic instrument, 4 to the floor etc.

This is some proper old school goa trance, you did really great job, it captures the essence of it, would work really great on the floor of some retro goa party for sure.

seismic1 wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 12:43 am It's pretty good for a first attempt. Lots of the expected sonic elements are here, and the track has the requisite breakdown/drop. It reminded me of Shpongle in places, and not only for the sitar.

Good work :)
Thank you. I went through an all things Simon Posford phase some years back. If only a little of his magic made it into my brain id be happy.
Wopelka wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2019 12:37 pm I have no expertise in trance but I like the way the track evolve. I like the timbres used, especially the sitar. I was also expecting more power and energy from the bass and drums combo.
Glad you liked it. I;m thinking on the kick bass thing. As I had them originally they seemed to distract from the build up as it was. Thank you.
sjm wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2019 6:27 pm Sounds great!

Did I just miss it, or have you forgotten to add a female vox sample in your attempt to check off all the items on the tarnce prerequisites checklist? You got the ethnic instrument, 4 to the floor etc.
Ha, he said 'tarnce'. No dialog or actual singing samples. There are some female ooohs n ahhhs gated and stretched etc. Thanks for listening :)
Passing Bye wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2019 6:41 pm This is some proper old school goa trance, you did really great job, it captures the essence of it, would work really great on the floor of some retro goa party for sure.
Thank you so much :D Maybe my age is showing a little, what with all the retro comments 8)

As a note, there is also a Tamboura drone, Tablas and a few Sarod strummy bits along with the Sitar. Damn Sitar, thinks its so cool all the time. Again, thanks folks!
Reverbnation
see ya 'round...

Morgaxx wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2019 1:34 am Thank you so much :D Maybe my age is showing a little, what with all the retro comments 8)
Hehe, could be, but also could be that todays trance is all the same, over polished and lacks true essence, remember this stuff from the compilations like Goa Head, that's my first introduction to the genre, there was that raw emotion in it.

Passing Bye wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2019 12:12 pm
Morgaxx wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2019 1:34 am Thank you so much :D Maybe my age is showing a little, what with all the retro comments 8)
Hehe, could be, but also could be that todays trance is all the same, over polished and lacks true essence, remember this stuff from the compilations like Goa Head, that's my first introduction to the genre, there was that raw emotion in it.
You may have a point there. There seems to be a drive to deliver sonic precision over soul sometimes. For my track, I had more fun playing in all the parts than being concerned with overall sheen on the music. Holding down long arpeggiated chords and playing with two leads until I get a decent take. I even play in the drums, simple as they are. It all helps me to feel the essence as you say.

Perhaps it is the shift from non computer based musicians to musicians that have only created using a computer. Above I mentioned Simon Posford. Here is, I think, an example of this shift. He brings the soul of actual performance to his electronic music.
Reverbnation
see ya 'round...

Spot on!

Morgaxx,
Thank you for the review! Now your song (I had to dig deep): I like sitar music; I own some items that play digitally sampled sitar. And I like the synths and drum beats; a nice combination. This thoroughly pleases me, I like it! :)
You can hear my original music at this link: https://www.soundclick.com/artist/defau ... dID=224436

DJ Warmonger wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2019 5:16 pm This one sounds retro, like 25-years old retro for sure. Very interesting instruments and intro. Good arrangement, but of course lacks at mix quality.

However, when it comes to beat, you've got a lot to learn. Completely bland 4/4 and no groove whatsoever.
the mix and beat are fine. you dont know what you are talking about. :nutter:

edit: oh, necro-post...i already gave my 2 bits on trollmonger's nonsense back on page one. oops :oops:
HW SYNTHS [KORG T2EX - AKAI AX80 - YAMAHA SY77 - ENSONIQ VFX]
HW MODULES [OBi M1000 - ROLAND MKS-50 - ROLAND JV880 - KURZ 1000PX]
SW [CHARLATAN - OBXD - OXE - ELEKTRO - MICROTERA - M1 - SURGE - RMiV]
DAW [ENERGY XT2/1U RACK WINXP / MAUDIO 1010LT PCI]

I loved the arrangement. I don't listen to this kind of music normally. Just doesn't peak my interest. But I enjoyed listening to your track and especially liked the twists and turns in the arrangement. I agree with an earlier post about the drop (first time for me to use that term too) the build up to it could have been a little stronger so it would have more dramatic effect. Also think the snare drum after the drop (there, I said it twice in one day :) ) could have been replaced with a more interesting sound.

On another note, as I was typing this I rolled into listening to your other track Yoiyoiyoi and found that enjoyable too. You're quit a storyteller.
Your Advert Here!!!

Listening to Seventh Star. Interesting that Reverbnation still is in the game somehow. Nice indian tribal sounds, sitar etc. Good work.

lights wrote: Sun Oct 25, 2020 8:20 pm I loved the arrangement. I don't listen to this kind of music normally. Just doesn't peak my interest. But I enjoyed listening to your track and especially liked the twists and turns in the arrangement. I agree with an earlier post about the drop (first time for me to use that term too) the build up to it could have been a little stronger so it would have more dramatic effect. Also think the snare drum after the drop (there, I said it twice in one day :) ) could have been replaced with a more interesting sound.

On another note, as I was typing this I rolled into listening to your other track Yoiyoiyoi and found that enjoyable too. You're quit a storyteller.
Thank you for the feedback and appreciation. It means a lot. I also have yet to use that term 8)
htcnext2 wrote: Tue Oct 27, 2020 12:23 pm Listening to Seventh Star. Interesting that Reverbnation still is in the game somehow. Nice indian tribal sounds, sitar etc. Good work.
And thank you too. Cant go wrong with culturally tried and tested sounds.
Reverbnation
see ya 'round...

Return to “Music Cafe”