RELATED
PRODUCTS

We have:

- riffer
- Guitar Pro tabs
- strummer

for note input and composing.

Can we have:

- fretboard note input (that our DAW recognizes for step input) ?
(EDIT: clicking on the frets of the fretboard would trigger MIDI notes on the DAW)

Would be very useful!
Last edited by Sunnysideup on Sat Mar 16, 2019 1:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

What does fretboard note input mean?

Thank you for your answer.

I mean by "fretboard note input" the Ample Sound GUI's fretboard.
It is already functional when you move the mouse and click on the frets.
It would be nice that playing on the fretboard could send MIDI output that our DAW could record.

Got it, we will think about it, is there any one has the same requirement?

YES!! +10!

As a guitarist that would enable (hopefully) the ability to enter the note AND position on the neck, avoiding the use of clumsy key switching for neck note positioning! You could also (hopefully) more easily voice non-standard chords... i.e open strings and fretted note higher on the neck!

Great idea Sunnyside!

- Fretboard input is the common way of entering notes in Guitar Pro, Sibelius and Notion;
- Fretboard input is one of the top requests in Muscore (https://musescore.org/en/node/68406).

Having Fretboard input in a VSTi like Ample Sound would allow all guitarists to use their favourite DAW to:
- Input notes with string selection and fret position;
- Have a graphical representation of the notes played on the guitar neck for learning purposes.

I say it's quite an alternative for many guitarists out there.
For me, it's way better to use Ample Sound VSTi with my DAW rather than to use Guitar Pro or Notion which I own and use.

Thank you for considering! :-)

Thanks guys.

Why not use something like an Artiphon Instrument One as an input device?
Sweet child in time...

Deep Purple wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2019 2:16 am Why not use something like an Artiphon Instrument One as an input device?
- Because you have to have another interface
- it's faster to input the notes on the virtual fretboad (you don't need to have your guitar constantly on your lap)

It's about workflow. With an Artiphon, Roland MIDI guitar or Fishman TriplePlay you have to switch between the VSTi itself, your DAW and the interface for inputing notes.

The objective is to input the notes in step-time, otherwise, I'd record a real guitar live from the microphone.
Last edited by Sunnysideup on Mon Mar 18, 2019 7:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

I would like to be able to create riffs and user defined chords from fretboard input.

Return to “Ample Sound”