bx dyneq v2 is on sale now.

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I have toneboosters flx, waves f6, tdr nova ge, fabfilter pro mb & pro q3....

do i need bx dyneq v2?

sure, i have to demo it myself,

but i'm curious about you guys opinions.

thanks!

Not an everyday tool. I bought it about 5 years ago and have used it once - a bass heavy kick in a full mix needed reining in, without affecting the bass guitar. It did the job.

Waves F6 will be 29$ eventually and it's far more flexible as a dynamic EQ/Expander, as well as a basic EQ. Hell, even the free TDR Nova is superior, if I'm not missing anything ^.^

krabbencutter wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2019 7:56 am Waves F6 will be 29$ eventually and it's far more flexible as a dynamic EQ/Expander, as well as a basic EQ. Hell, even the free TDR Nova is superior, if I'm not missing anything ^.^
bx_dynEQ 2 is a fantastic sound design tool ... can't be compared to F6 directly

bx_dyneq is not really comparable to these dynamic multiband EQs. It You only can edit one band in stereo and two relating in M/S mode. It is more like an sound scalpel. The sidechain control is pure gold. Ideal for taming fighting bass tracks is only one task I use it for regularly.

nicksohn wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2019 5:29 am I have toneboosters flx, waves f6, tdr nova ge, fabfilter pro mb & pro q3....

do i need bx dyneq v2?

thanks!
I have a hard time imagining a scenario where it would be reasonable to have so many different plugins that are essentially all doing the same? Sounds like a classical case of "gear-acquisition-syndrome" to me. If you got too much money at your disposal, maybe think about donating to charity?
ReverendLove wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2019 6:24 pm bx_dyneq is not really comparable to these dynamic multiband EQs. It You only can edit one band in stereo and two relating in M/S mode. It is more like an sound scalpel. The sidechain control is pure gold. Ideal for taming fighting bass tracks is only one task I use it for regularly.
You are essentially saying that bx_dyneq only covers a subset of the functions that the other dynamic / multiband tools offer! I would agree with that: everything that bx_dyneq can do, can be done in the other tools as well. Even the free version of TDR Nova is imho superior to the bx_dyneq, even though the free Nova is missing the upward compression / expansion feature and the advanced features of the Gentlemen's Edition.

DynEQ is fiddly and difficult to setup but can get excellent results. A proper parametric dynamic EQ is more intuitive though - and you seem to own the best of the bunch already!

Izak Synthiemental wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2019 7:46 pm
nicksohn wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2019 5:29 am I have toneboosters flx, waves f6, tdr nova ge, fabfilter pro mb & pro q3....

do i need bx dyneq v2?

thanks!
I have a hard time imagining a scenario where it would be reasonable to have so many different plugins that are essentially all doing the same? Sounds like a classical case of "gear-acquisition-syndrome" to me. If you got too much money at your disposal, maybe think about donating to charity?
ReverendLove wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2019 6:24 pm bx_dyneq is not really comparable to these dynamic multiband EQs. It You only can edit one band in stereo and two relating in M/S mode. It is more like an sound scalpel. The sidechain control is pure gold. Ideal for taming fighting bass tracks is only one task I use it for regularly.
You are essentially saying that bx_dyneq only covers a subset of the functions that the other dynamic / multiband tools offer! I would agree with that: everything that bx_dyneq can do, can be done in the other tools as well. Even the free version of TDR Nova is imho superior to the bx_dyneq, even though the free Nova is missing the upward compression / expansion feature and the advanced features of the Gentlemen's Edition.
No it isn't a subset. It has more possibilities for one or two bands. It can be used as expander too. it has a dedicated sidechain control set with for example independent frequency and dynamic settings. It is a different tool with different paradigm than the dynamic mb EQs. Probably you don't like it. But that does not make it useless

ReverendLove wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2019 8:18 pm
Izak Synthiemental wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2019 7:46 pm
No it isn't a subset. It has more possibilities for one or two bands. It can be used as expander too. it has a dedicated sidechain control set with for example independent frequency and dynamic settings. It is a different tool with different paradigm than the dynamic mb EQs. Probably you don't like it. But that does not make it useless
Each Nova GE band has the option to be used as an expander and to set an independent filter frequency/Q for its sidechain. How is dyneq a "different paradigm" except for the limited number of bands?

Really? If so: Fine. You won't need bx_dyneq V2.
But I am used to that plug and it saved me some times.
The simple solo functions and all the different filters especially for the external SC saved a lot of time here.
The M/S mode is typical for the bx line and helps a lot too.
I can suggest it with confidence.

For MB dynamics I use TB Equalizer 4, FlX v3 and Waves C4.

But compared to those bx is a Leatherman.

Bought it at 29 bux!

Return to “Effects”