bx dyneq v2 is on sale now.

VST, AU, etc. plug-in Virtual Effects discussion
nicksohn
KVRist
481 posts since 6 Dec, 2014

Post Mon Mar 18, 2019 9:29 pm

I have toneboosters flx, waves f6, tdr nova ge, fabfilter pro mb & pro q3....

do i need bx dyneq v2?

sure, i have to demo it myself,

but i'm curious about you guys opinions.

thanks!

Googly Smythe
KVRAF
2315 posts since 12 May, 2011 from Not where I was just now.

Re: bx dyneq v2 is on sale now.

Post Mon Mar 18, 2019 11:47 pm

Not an everyday tool. I bought it about 5 years ago and have used it once - a bass heavy kick in a full mix needed reining in, without affecting the bass guitar. It did the job.
Bandcamp - Soundcloud
Atari STE (4MBytes), Cubase Score 2, Tascam 244, Alessis MiniVerb, BOSS RDD-20, &tc...

krabbencutter
KVRist
395 posts since 12 Jul, 2013

Post Mon Mar 18, 2019 11:56 pm

Waves F6 will be 29$ eventually and it's far more flexible as a dynamic EQ/Expander, as well as a basic EQ. Hell, even the free TDR Nova is superior, if I'm not missing anything ^.^
I build stuff for REAKTOR, just in case anyone cares :party:

dreamvoid
KVRist
248 posts since 8 Jun, 2009

Post Tue Mar 19, 2019 5:52 am

krabbencutter wrote:
Mon Mar 18, 2019 11:56 pm
Waves F6 will be 29$ eventually and it's far more flexible as a dynamic EQ/Expander, as well as a basic EQ. Hell, even the free TDR Nova is superior, if I'm not missing anything ^.^
bx_dynEQ 2 is a fantastic sound design tool ... can't be compared to F6 directly

ReverendLove
KVRist
92 posts since 3 Dec, 2009 from Cologne, Germany

Post Tue Mar 19, 2019 10:24 am

bx_dyneq is not really comparable to these dynamic multiband EQs. It You only can edit one band in stereo and two relating in M/S mode. It is more like an sound scalpel. The sidechain control is pure gold. Ideal for taming fighting bass tracks is only one task I use it for regularly.

Izak Synthiemental
KVRist
496 posts since 4 Aug, 2010

Post Tue Mar 19, 2019 11:46 am

nicksohn wrote:
Mon Mar 18, 2019 9:29 pm

do i need bx dyneq v2?

thanks!
I have a hard time imagining a scenario where it would be reasonable to have so many different plugins that are essentially all doing the same? Sounds like a classical case of "gear-acquisition-syndrome" to me. If you got too much money at your disposal, maybe think about donating to charity?
ReverendLove wrote:
Tue Mar 19, 2019 10:24 am
bx_dyneq is not really comparable to these dynamic multiband EQs. It You only can edit one band in stereo and two relating in M/S mode. It is more like an sound scalpel. The sidechain control is pure gold. Ideal for taming fighting bass tracks is only one task I use it for regularly.
You are essentially saying that bx_dyneq only covers a subset of the functions that the other dynamic / multiband tools offer! I would agree with that: everything that bx_dyneq can do, can be done in the other tools as well. Even the free version of TDR Nova is imho superior to the bx_dyneq, even though the free Nova is missing the upward compression / expansion feature and the advanced features of the Gentlemen's Edition.
http://soundcloud.com/samaritageto

Proper Education Always Corrects Errors

MogwaiBoy
KVRAF
3070 posts since 26 Nov, 2015 from Way Downunder

Post Tue Mar 19, 2019 12:12 pm

DynEQ is fiddly and difficult to setup but can get excellent results. A proper parametric dynamic EQ is more intuitive though - and you seem to own the best of the bunch already!

ReverendLove
KVRist

Post Tue Mar 19, 2019 12:18 pm

Izak Synthiemental wrote:
Tue Mar 19, 2019 11:46 am
nicksohn wrote:
Mon Mar 18, 2019 9:29 pm

do i need bx dyneq v2?

thanks!
I have a hard time imagining a scenario where it would be reasonable to have so many different plugins that are essentially all doing the same? Sounds like a classical case of "gear-acquisition-syndrome" to me. If you got too much money at your disposal, maybe think about donating to charity?
ReverendLove wrote:
You are essentially saying that bx_dyneq only covers a subset of the functions that the other dynamic / multiband tools offer! I would agree with that: everything that bx_dyneq can do, can be done in the other tools as well. Even the free version of TDR Nova is imho superior to the bx_dyneq, even though the free Nova is missing the upward compression / expansion feature and the advanced features of the Gentlemen's Edition.
No it isn't a subset. It has more possibilities for one or two bands. It can be used as expander too. it has a dedicated sidechain control set with for example independent frequency and dynamic settings. It is a different tool with different paradigm than the dynamic mb EQs. Probably you don't like it. But that does not make it useless

imrae
KVRian
620 posts since 2 Jul, 2010

Post Tue Mar 19, 2019 3:26 pm

ReverendLove wrote:
Tue Mar 19, 2019 12:18 pm
Izak Synthiemental wrote:
Tue Mar 19, 2019 11:46 am

ReverendLove wrote:
No it isn't a subset. It has more possibilities for one or two bands. It can be used as expander too. it has a dedicated sidechain control set with for example independent frequency and dynamic settings. It is a different tool with different paradigm than the dynamic mb EQs. Probably you don't like it. But that does not make it useless
Each Nova GE band has the option to be used as an expander and to set an independent filter frequency/Q for its sidechain. How is dyneq a "different paradigm" except for the limited number of bands?

ReverendLove
KVRist

Post Tue Mar 19, 2019 4:52 pm

Really? If so: Fine. You won't need bx_dyneq V2.
But I am used to that plug and it saved me some times.
The simple solo functions and all the different filters especially for the external SC saved a lot of time here.
The M/S mode is typical for the bx line and helps a lot too.
I can suggest it with confidence.

For MB dynamics I use TB Equalizer 4, FlX v3 and Waves C4.

But compared to those bx is a Leatherman.

nicksohn
KVRist
481 posts since 6 Dec, 2014

Post Wed Mar 20, 2019 1:14 am

Bought it at 29 bux!

Return to “Effects”