80s synth-pop/Italo disco LIVE from the studio with Emax, Akai, Junos, JX'es, Korgs

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Some 80s inspired synth-pop/Italo disco played live from my studio using my MIDI old school setup and the Roland MC50 sequencer in control for the drums and some synths. The rest is played by me. All dawless.

Gear used: Emax 1 & 2, Roland Juno 2, JX-8P, D-550, S-10, TR-626, Yamaha DX7 & TX802, Korg DW-8000, E-MU ESI4000, Akai S1000
Outboard effects and everything going thru the Opcode 128X to keep it in check.

Every part is explained after the performance.

The track is available for download through my site, see video description.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ns8f9e7XusM

ahhhh i love 80s music and i love 80s synths and i really enjoy your videos! thanks for sharing!
HW SYNTHS [KORG T2EX - AKAI AX80 - YAMAHA SY77 - ENSONIQ VFX]
HW MODULES [OBi M1000 - ROLAND MKS-50 - ROLAND JV880 - KURZ 1000PX]
SW [CHARLATAN - OBXD - OXE - ELEKTRO - MICROTERA - M1 - SURGE - RMiV]
DAW [ENERGY XT2/1U RACK WINXP / MAUDIO 1010LT PCI]

You are such an inspiration (especially for beginners like me), @EspenKraft sir! :tu:

Absolutely love your videos and the awesome-sauce music that you make. :love:

Enjoyed watching this one too :clap:

Cheers! :)

Happy Thanksgiving day, everyone! :tu:

Impressive work mate and you got your self a new subscriber :)

layzer wrote:ahhhh i love 80s music and i love 80s synths and i really enjoy your videos! thanks for sharing!
Thank you! :)

baalisoda wrote:You are such an inspiration (especially for beginners like me), @EspenKraft sir! :tu:

Absolutely love your videos and the awesome-sauce music that you make. :love:

Enjoyed watching this one too :clap:

Cheers! :)

Happy Thanksgiving day, everyone! :tu:
Thanks for the greeting. I appreciate you enjoying the video and track. Have a great week! :)

phreaque wrote:Impressive work mate and you got your self a new subscriber :)
Awesome! Thanks for the sub and support! :)

Well, absolutely stunning what you create here. I know parts of your equipment from my former times of music production prior to the computer which I use nowadays for 100 % of my sounds. I must admit that you have really great skills in playing, too. Compared to my method of playing (one keyboard with two octaves) I must look like an absolute rookie here. You can check out my music in an earlier post on kvr, I would really like to know what you think of that. Really enjoyed what I heard and saw.

Greetings
HM

Brilliant job as usual!

With all those expensive synths, I guess there is no money left for new jeans. :P

htcnext2 wrote:Well, absolutely stunning what you create here. I know parts of your equipment from my former times of music production prior to the computer which I use nowadays for 100 % of my sounds. I must admit that you have really great skills in playing, too. Compared to my method of playing (one keyboard with two octaves) I must look like an absolute rookie here. You can check out my music in an earlier post on kvr, I would really like to know what you think of that. Really enjoyed what I heard and saw.

Greetings
HM
Hey!
Thanks for a great response! :)

Checked out your stuff on -hearthis. Nice man. Refreshingly different from what I'm doing and great vibes! :)

Cheers!

Frantz wrote:Brilliant job as usual!

With all those expensive synths, I guess there is no money left for new jeans. :P
Thanks! Haha, no money left for anything else really :P

Subscribe to my channel!

how is this S1973 user necro-ing and posting links to his own music in other users
threads while being banned. can anyone answer that?
HW SYNTHS [KORG T2EX - AKAI AX80 - YAMAHA SY77 - ENSONIQ VFX]
HW MODULES [OBi M1000 - ROLAND MKS-50 - ROLAND JV880 - KURZ 1000PX]
SW [CHARLATAN - OBXD - OXE - ELEKTRO - MICROTERA - M1 - SURGE - RMiV]
DAW [ENERGY XT2/1U RACK WINXP / MAUDIO 1010LT PCI]

:clap:
my music: http://www.alexcooperusa.com
"It's hard to be humble, when you're as great as I am." Muhammad Ali

Return to “Music Cafe”