Opinions on Kurzweil K2000?

Anything about hardware musical instruments.
0min
KVRer
17 posts since 26 Jun, 2018

Post Wed Mar 20, 2019 3:58 am

Hello, I'm getting Kurzweil K2000 in few days which I'd like to use for sound programming. I've heard the synth is very deep and it's impossible to run out of sounds. Would love to know your experience with it. I am also curious if it's possible to create electronic-music type of sounds with this synth. Thank you :)

bmanic
KVRAF
8324 posts since 3 Feb, 2003 from Finland, Espoo

Re: Opinions on Kurzweil K2000?

Post Wed Mar 20, 2019 5:06 am

It's definitely a pretty deep synth. The internal samples are also of surprisingly high quality.. way less "cheezy" than the competition from that era.

The main problem with my K2000 is the damn screen fading. They are unfortunately dimming and you'll have to eventually replace the screen or you can't see anything.

I also suggest getting a SCSI2SD adapter so that you can use basic SD cards or microSD cards as a "hard disk". I haven't done this modification to my own K2000R yet as I have a real SCSI harddrive in it and it's still working perfectly.
"Wisdom is wisdom, regardless of the idiot who said it." -an idiot

0min
KVRer
17 posts since 26 Jun, 2018

Re: Opinions on Kurzweil K2000?

Post Wed Mar 20, 2019 5:13 am

Yeah, as much as I've been exploring K2000 online so far, I've learned LCD backlight and USB Floppy drive emulator are pretty popular (necessary) modifications.

Return to “Hardware (Instruments and Effects)”