SampleTank 4 on the way

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
SampleTank SampleTank 3 SampleTank 4 SampleTank 4 MAX SampleTank 4 SE SampleTank Custom Shop

I have to empty a slot first before I load a different sound in that same slot.
St4 crashes if I load a sound into that slot.

Sadly, you seem to be running into a load of issues. I do hope that you are reporting all of them to Support for investigation.
DarkStar, ... Interesting, if true
Inspired by ...

zzz00m wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2019 4:28 pm
neverenoughfunk wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2019 4:15 pm ST 4 is rompler... if one wants synth sounds buy a synth... right?
Partially correct.

Syntronik is an excellent synth ROMpler! Love it! So are some of the UVI synth libraries. I also have UVI Digital Synsations. It's not an either/or situation, as both types can be playable experiences, and the sound quality can be comparable. I have old synth hardware from Roland such as the JV-880 and JV-1080, which are totally ROMplers.

My point was I think that IK included too many synth samples in the latest product, but I don't have anything against them in principle.
Good point about Syntronik. At its core, it is a rompler, but today’s romplers are so flexible in terms of routing, effects, lfos, filters, etc.. when I want a synth sound, my go to is Syntronik because it’s so much easier to find a preset that is close to what I want and then tweak it to what I hear in my head - much easier than trying to create something from scratch - at least for me! And ST4 inherits most of not all of the sound shaping tools and filters from Syntronik. It’s almost like having a synth with thousands of starting waveforms instead of just sine, square, saw and noise. But I do approach these new romplers a lot like sound design tools - aside from sampled real instruments, I almost never use the presets as is - just more as a starting point.

I guess to sum up, we all have to use what works best for us, given our own workflows, but it’s nice that all the options for tools we need in this day and age are just a download ( and a credit card ) away!

Why not include synth in an all around sampler. I still like the synths in it.
Lovethe tone of the saxes too.

Is it normal that Sampletank change the sound on the patch automatic after playing for be 1-30 seconds, after loaded 100%

example

https://soundcloud.com/psyerichybrid/te ... nk/s-OdoGE

piano takes around 30 sec before changing.

kinda makes Sampletank 4 unusable

Hellfog wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2019 5:24 pm Is it normal that Sampletank change the sound on the patch automatic after playing for be 1-30 seconds, after loaded 100%

example

This is not normal for a sound to simply change without intervention after loaded. I wonder if anything is being changed without you knowing it, like something mapped via MIDI etc or similar. Best, though, would be to work directly with IK Support to troubleshoot and I'm sure they can find whatever is happening to you in this situation. Thanks!

Peter - IK Multimedia wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2019 7:18 pm
Hellfog wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2019 5:24 pm Is it normal that Sampletank change the sound on the patch automatic after playing for be 1-30 seconds, after loaded 100%

example

This is not normal for a sound to simply change without intervention after loaded. I wonder if anything is being changed without you knowing it, like something mapped via MIDI etc or similar. Best, though, would be to work directly with IK Support to troubleshoot and I'm sure they can find whatever is happening to you in this situation. Thanks!

No I have not chnged anything or mapped via MIDI, but I have submitted a ticket to IK Support.

I reinstalled 4.0.2 seems to fixed the problem.

I have to unload instruments before closing cubase.
Got a good bass sound with the Rick and ampeg SVX 2

Very high CPU usage here.
Intel xeon 5670,16 gb ram
Win 7,cubase 9.5
focusrite 6i6(gen2)

V 4.0.3 up on IK site...

thnx for the heads up vault :) i see there is an instrument installer 1.1 now also but when i try to DL it says "404-Not Found" :( cheers
"There is no strength in numbers... have no such misconception... but when you need me be assured I won't be far away."

Vaultnaemsae wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2019 3:57 pm V 4.0.3 up on IK site...
I can get the plugin installers to download. But after selecting the 1.3 sound content file, it says it's processing, then nothing happens. Hmmm...?

Update: by selecting the first two files, it will download the single 1.3 update file -- strange. Looks like a new download approach, where multiple files can be selected for download (helpful improvement).

As I am a mean person, I tried loading the LP Black Full and then the Red Strat Full with V 4.03. I had no crashes but no sound was played. Tried different settings...
*Edit*
Maybe I've been a bit too fast. There is a sound update 1.3 so I will install that and report back later.
Last edited by Talvin on Thu Mar 21, 2019 5:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

All installed and updated sounds here without any major issue. But I still can't load Fishman TriplePlay Multis/Combi from Sampletank 2/3...pooh to IK. Support said that this update 'may' fix my issue last I heard from them -- super non-commital.

I emailed support days ago to ask which of my licenses are available for transfer. They didn't answer. If and when they do I think I'll sell up and be done with them.

Return to “Instruments”