Plug-In Alliance Orgy

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

escalona wrote: Fri Feb 08, 2019 2:46 pm
Digivolt wrote: Fri Feb 08, 2019 12:04 pm Does anyone know how the vouchers work ?

I bought HG-2 a few days ago when it was on offer so it should put me in $25 tier, but I didn't receive voucher yet so I presume I didn't get in early enough to be considered for this months voucher and will instead get the 1st next month ?
I would contact sales. You only need to spend $50 to get on the voucher train.
best,
e.
https://www.plugin-alliance.com/en/sales.html
Make sure you are on their email subs list.

Bx_delay is on sale today. I just received an 80% off voucher. :)

thecontrolcentre wrote: Sun Feb 24, 2019 2:15 pm Bx_delay is on sale today. I just received an 80% off voucher. :)
I demoed it when it was released, was not impressed then.
Tried to demo once again today: not possible due to their license system.
Therefore I'll skip this one...

martinjuenke wrote: Sun Feb 24, 2019 3:11 pm Tried to demo once again today: not possible due to their license system.
I guess you can demo it again without any problems if you write an email to the support...

martinjuenke wrote: Sun Feb 24, 2019 3:11 pm
thecontrolcentre wrote: Sun Feb 24, 2019 2:15 pm Bx_delay is on sale today. I just received an 80% off voucher. :)
Just wait for Valhalla delay.

ckam03 wrote: Sun Feb 24, 2019 3:24 pm
martinjuenke wrote: Sun Feb 24, 2019 3:11 pm
Just wait for Valhalla delay.
I got a heavyhitter discount some months back, impulsively bought it... and sold it the same day. IT was a "heavyhitter" waste of money.
“In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded.”

escalona wrote: Sun Feb 24, 2019 4:05 pm I got a heavyhitter discount some months back, impulsively bought it... and sold it the same day. IT was a "heavyhitter" waste of money.
What didn't you like about it? Anything to like? :phones:

plexuss wrote: Sun Feb 24, 2019 7:25 pm
escalona wrote: Sun Feb 24, 2019 4:05 pm I got a heavyhitter discount some months back, impulsively bought it... and sold it the same day. IT was a "heavyhitter" waste of money.
It's almost featureless - Sandman runs rings around it, especially the Pro version.

plexuss wrote: Sun Feb 24, 2019 7:25 pm
Sorry my comment was a bit dry and non-informative. It is not a bad delay. It sounds fine and it has ok features. It just doesn't do anything other than my other 25 delays can do already (most of them with better overall quality and more flexibility to be either uber-subtle or an extreme engine of creation). I had very high hopes but then I tried it, I would have read the manual if it would have had one (unsure if it finally has one now), but then I explored and tried different things and after about 6 hours, uninstalled it, and sold it here for peanuts.
At the moment, I have all delay needs covered with Boz imperial delay, Sountoys Echoboy, NI Replika XT, uHe Colour Copy, PSP Stomp+Echo+608+42+85, D16 Repeater+Sigmund, Eventide Ultratap+Blackhole, Audiothing OuterSpace, the amazing McDsp EC300, Waves H-delay and probably a couple of other ones I'm forgetting. The BX does nothing that I can already do. If you don't have any other delay, get it, for $29 is a good deal, otherwise, I recommend to stick to those you know already. This one did not open any new door for me delay-wise, on the contrary, overall was pretty boring.
“In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded.”

I actually find this a great tool for doubling and other things. Not sure what’s not to like. I guess it all comes down to taste and context.

simon.a.billington wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2019 10:55 am I actually find this a great tool for doubling and other things. Not sure what’s not to like. I guess it all comes down to taste and context.
He said the main issue was that the bx delay doesn't do anything any other delay he has does. Being another with many delays this is useful info.

Is there anything about the bx delay that other delays can't do or the bx does better? :phones:

plexuss wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2019 4:15 pm
simon.a.billington wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2019 10:55 am I actually find this a great tool for doubling and other things. Not sure what’s not to like. I guess it all comes down to taste and context.
He said the main issue was that the bx delay doesn't do anything any other delay he has does. Being another with many delays this is useful info.

Is there anything about the bx delay that other delays can't do or the bx does better? :phones:
Is there anything any other delays can do that another delay can't!! Man there's not alot of difference between most delays other than color.

The bx_delay does have built in distortion, 2 colors, not every delay does, chorus, flanger, bit crush, automatic ducking, same thing. Not every delays offers these things, especially in the one plugin. But then there is mid-side with a mono-maker, I haven't seen that feature in a delay before, Nor have I seen any transient shaping features or an Auto Wah. They may be out there, I've just never seen them and certainly I haven't seen ALL of these features crammed into one plugin before.

Do you need it if you have other delays, probably not. Although, because all it's features is in one plugin it may offer something in the way of a speedier workflow.

Return to “Effects”