Fuse Audio Labs releases the VQP-Bundle - Vintage Passive EQ/Filters

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS
VQP-Bundle Vintage Passive EQ/Filters

These are absolutely beautiful. I have to keep asking myself 'am i just imaging it or are fuse on another level to most'
Everything they make is incredible. All of it

DavidCarlyon wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2019 3:09 pm These are absolutely beautiful. I have to keep asking myself 'am i just imaging it or are fuse on another level to most'
Everything they make is incredible. All of it
Thanks for the kind words, David. Much appreciated :band:

the way i usually work with these "magic" plugins is when i can't be arsed to use a "surgical" EQ to get what i want. slap it on, turn a couple of knobs - simple. however, in order for that to work, these "magic" plugins have to have just enough flexibility to be useful in many situations. sadly, from my testing, this doesn't. for example, high-pass. i'm a big high-passer. high-pass that starts at 70Hz? and if i want a 40Hz high-pass i have to use a different plugin? strike one, you're out - if i have to use a different plugin, i might just as well, you know, use a different plugin. i mean, these are cool, but i have little use for EQ's that are so limited, so i'll pass on these. YMMV of course.
I don't know what to write here that won't be censored, as I can only speak in profanity.

Burillo wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2019 11:50 am the way i usually work with these "magic" plugins is when i can't be arsed to use a "surgical" EQ to get what i want. slap it on, turn a couple of knobs - simple. however, in order for that to work, these "magic" plugins have to have just enough flexibility to be useful in many situations. sadly, from my testing, this doesn't. for example, high-pass. i'm a big high-passer. high-pass that starts at 70Hz? and if i want a 40Hz high-pass i have to use a different plugin? strike one, you're out - if i have to use a different plugin, i might just as well, you know, use a different plugin. i mean, these are cool, but i have little use for EQ's that are so limited, so i'll pass on these. YMMV of course.
I kind of know what you mean...i wish they were continuously variable - but as Ray pointed out to me, they would then be totally different from the piece they are modelling.
If i need continously variable - i will use something digital.

With these i will use them in certain situations where they are just right and fit what i am doing.
They are not going to be used on every track - BUT i am using them a a hell of a lot.

I find myself using them a lot as 'item fx' in Reaper. If i want to do an extreme high pass for a certain section - these are aweosme!!

DavidCarlyon wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2019 2:24 pm
Burillo wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2019 11:50 am the way i usually work with these "magic" plugins is when i can't be arsed to use a "surgical" EQ to get what i want. slap it on, turn a couple of knobs - simple. however, in order for that to work, these "magic" plugins have to have just enough flexibility to be useful in many situations. sadly, from my testing, this doesn't. for example, high-pass. i'm a big high-passer. high-pass that starts at 70Hz? and if i want a 40Hz high-pass i have to use a different plugin? strike one, you're out - if i have to use a different plugin, i might just as well, you know, use a different plugin. i mean, these are cool, but i have little use for EQ's that are so limited, so i'll pass on these. YMMV of course.
I kind of know what you mean...i wish they were continuously variable - but as Ray pointed out to me, they would then be totally different from the piece they are modelling.

With these i will use them in certain situations where they are just right and fit what i am doing.
They are not going to be used on every track - BUT i am using them a a hell of a lot.

I find myself using them a lot as 'item fx' in Reaper. If i want to do an extreme high pass for a certain section - these are aweosme!!
i was more referring to something like Sonimus Sweetone - it doesn't have that much more knobs than Fuse VQP, but it's still surprisingly flexible, to the point of me using it as my one and only EQ for many things that don't require any surgery, since it has continuously variable cutoff filters (with either 6dB or 12dB per octave, and an optional resonance peak in the high pass), and a continuously variable "make it sound good" knob that has four modes and works highly intuitively and musically. i'm no stranger to using special FX for a particular purpose (hey, i own lots of other Fuse stuff!), but for me, i almost never require just a high-pass or just a high boost - using VQP would invariably lead me to pile on more plugins that can do the same thing VQP does anyway (filter curves aside), so why would i need VQP then.
I don't know what to write here that won't be censored, as I can only speak in profanity.

You could have two gui faces. The original hardware modeled EQ and a more advanced tweakers version EQ with more steps etc.
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

Burillo wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2019 2:45 pm
DavidCarlyon wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2019 2:24 pm

i was more referring to something like Sonimus Sweetone - it doesn't have that much more knobs than Fuse VQP, but it's still surprisingly flexible, to the point of me using it as my one and only EQ for many things that don't require any surgery, since it has continuously variable cutoff filters (with either 6dB or 12dB per octave, and an optional resonance peak in the high pass), and a continuously variable "make it sound good" knob that has four modes and works highly intuitively and musically. i'm no stranger to using special FX for a particular purpose (hey, i own lots of other Fuse stuff!), but for me, i almost never require just a high-pass or just a high boost - using VQP would invariably lead me to pile on more plugins that can do the same thing VQP does anyway (filter curves aside), so why would i need VQP then.

Yeah that is totally fair enough. I do like the look of the sonimus sweet tone.It does look really useful, Will demo later. Like their stuff in general - though i didn't spring for their latest..i am getting to the point where i have quite a lot of channel strips and EQs.
Funnily enough, the last eq i really want is Rays American eq.

yes, the American EQ is one that looks most interesting, but i had other monetary priorities when it came out, so i missed out on the sale :( i haven't demoed it, actually, but it looks flexible enough (although i wish it had HP/LP), and, you know, it's Fuse Audio Labs, so i'm sure it'll sound great :D

Burillo wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2019 4:32 pm yes, the American EQ is one that looks most interesting, but i had other monetary priorities when it came out, so i missed out on the sale :( i haven't demoed it, actually, but it looks flexible enough (although i wish it had HP/LP), and, you know, it's Fuse Audio Labs, so i'm sure it'll sound great :D
It has fast turned into my favourite 'analog' eq.
I didn't even know about fuse until recently. My demo will also expire soon, so i need to find the money to get it. I have bought almost everything they make in the last week or so, all incredible stuff.
It is so refreshing to have more interesting items than the usual '1176' or 'SSL' though, i would still love to see a fuse take on the standard classics. But Fuse, so far, has modelled precisely the kind of thing i love.

Just sold my Arturia preamps collection - after getting the Fuse Siemens style plugs...none of the others come close.

Everyone that was affected by jumping knobs (e.g. when dialing in the 10K setting in the VQP-259A) in Live or inconsitently restored sessions, please download and install the v1.0.1 update, it'll fix the above issues:

https://fuseaudiolabs.com/product.html?id=300910246

Best,
Ray

Thanks Ray.
rsp
sound sculptist

Has someone from you the Arturia 1973-Pre and V76-Pre and from Fuse Audio Labs to compare?

Thanks for answer!

i don't think Fuse has a 73 preamp, so there would be nothing to compare the Arturia's 1973 with. I also believe that Fuse's Telefunken preamp emu is not a V76, it's a different preamp, but i may be wrong here.

Burillo wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2019 4:40 pm i don't think Fuse has a 73 preamp, so there would be nothing to compare the Arturia's 1973 with. I also believe that Fuse's Telefunken preamp emu is not a V76, it's a different preamp, but i may be wrong here.
Hello Burillo, thanks for coming back on this.

...that said, Black Rooster Audio has a 73 preamp, which i believe was coded by the developer from Fuse, so there's that :)

oh, and yes, Fuse's Telefunken is a V376 (solid-state), not V76 (tube). so, just about the only comparison with Arturia that you could make is Arturia's 1973 preamp vs. BRA VPRE-73. both have demos, so... why are you asking us? :)

Return to “Effects”