2019 a year in gear (what have you/are you bought/buying?)

Anything about hardware musical instruments.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Really need to pick up a qwerty keyboard. The space bar is fighting with me
Dell Vostro i9 64GB Ram Windows 11 Pro, Cubase, Bitwig, Mixcraft Guitar Pod Go, Linntrument Nektar P1, Novation Launchpad

This is the first year I've actually bought hardware.

It started with a new Fender Strat then a NI Maschine MK3 and finally the Novation Circuit and Novation Mono Circuit. That's looking like all I will need for the foreseeable future, tho I am tempted by the Uno Synth due to it being so cheap, but I think the Mono Circuit covers it?.

My goals have been to move away from having to sit in from of a computer (since my day job is software engineering) to make music.

I need to buy DeOxit as the dip switches on some of my old gear are intermittent. eg. the bass roll-off switch on the HR824s actually cuts off the power to the woofer, and you have to 'tap' it just right to get the switch to make a contact. The pots on my A3000 also behave erratically. Might also give those a spray and see if I can bring her back to a non-frustrating working condition.

tapper mike wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2019 1:25 am Really need to pick up a qwerty keyboard. The space bar is fighting with me
Unless you need numeric keypad section of a big keyboard I really like the little Logitech wireless keyboards with built in laptop style touch mousepad to the right of the keyboard

They are small and have decent in the room wireless range, work nice as movable remote. Good on desk, lap, on a music keyboard or music stand.

The wireless mice and trackballs in that same product line are good as well. The little laser mouse tracks about any surface and several devices work with just one little USB nub of a wireless receiver plugged in computer.

I can be using mouse for what mouse is good for, switch over to the keyboard track pad or trackball when those are better. They all stay "live" ready to be used interchangeably and all wireless. Use em where and when needed. And not expensive.

Akai MPK249

A new Laptop + USB audio interface and a new PC are still planned at some point this year.
The GAS is always greener on the other side!

The new case is finished, loaded up and wired up (except I haven't set up my pedals yet) and everything's working.

Tallin's going into the lower left corner probably tomorrow night, and an ADDAC200PI is going to replace the SBG in the top left. I might put a Zadar in where the Tides is, but I'm not in a hurry. But that 36HP of blank space in the top row is going to stay exactly like that, at least until KnobCon. :D

My spouse says:

- Never do something vertical as your first major pyrography project because it is a pain in the ass.
- I have "a lot of things."

that's pretty damn sweet looking! makes it a very personal case too :tu:
nice case too, before the artwork i mean, will maybe one day move on to something similar, i like the idea of the shallower angle for controllers and such.

ps: as luke cage would say "sweet christmas!"
the erbe verb can get a bit :o

:hihi:

foosnark wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2019 3:51 pm The new case is finished

Looks awesome! :tu:

foosnark wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2019 3:51 pm The new case is finished, loaded up and wired up (except I haven't set up my pedals yet) and everything's working.
Awesome stuff...

I came here with great joy to announce my purchase today of a Make Noise o-coast to compliment my Neutron...
looks like I got a'ways to go catching you up...
ain't gonna happen.... NO WAY... NO WAY, he tells his sensible brain cell..
erm, that is if I can still locate the lonesome thing.. :roll:

Hoping 0-coast arrive a 'morrow OFC!!!!

sweet!
the 0coast is lovely.
look forward to some noises from you.

Thanx. Yes, definitely sweet. I had been looking a various units including o-coast... saw this video and was sold. The size betrays it's power...
also I will add some (just a few, promises to self) controller Eurorack things... utility things not sound generators.. :hihi:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VzLhcJ6g14k

controller wise the arturia sequencers are pretty good, although my standalone is a crazy8. which is also cool :hihi:
theres plenty of choice for not much outlay really.
and other utility stuff, most of the basics can be grabbed cheap, a single rack doesn't have to be expensive.

foosnark wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2019 3:51 pm The new case is finished, loaded up and wired up (except I haven't set up my pedals yet) and everything's working.

That looks fabulous. There may be sufficient empty rack space to add a small but adequate antigravity processor while still leaving room for a capable hyperspace jump controller! :)

vurt wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2019 3:42 pm controller wise the arturia sequencers are pretty good, although my standalone is a crazy8. which is also cool :hihi:
theres plenty of choice for not much outlay really.
and other utility stuff, most of the basics can be grabbed cheap, a single rack doesn't have to be expensive.
The other sequencer I would like is the Klee.. we have one in VCV_Rack but you can't control it with a controller.. I am demoing another that is both standalone or VST... The Klee is one crazy unpredictable MFer.. (suits YOU sir.. :wink: ) other utilities, like inverters/ attenuaters / mults etc... but then one thinks... oooerrr... that's a nice filter, etc etc etc...
:party: :lol:

Return to “Hardware (Instruments and Effects)”