Today's Google doodle is an 'AI' powered Bach simulator :D

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Pretty fun! (you can download the MIDI files too).

https://g.co/doodle/fnjtk3

This is great! Now, I’m thinking that Logic has a scoring window that I should really look into. I’m going to look into some of Logic’s harmonizing utilities as well. I bought Logic not too long ago, and realize how little of it I use

Delightful! I saw the image earlier but didn't realize there was much more to it that just what was viewable on the screen.

So, is google gonna pay Bach some royalties or what?
🌐 Spotify 🔵 Soundcloud 🌀 Soundclick

Gear & Setup: Windows 10, Dual Xeon, 32GB RAM, Cubase 10.5/9.5, NI Komplete Audio 6, NI Maschine, NI Jam, NI Kontakt

telecode wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2019 10:06 pm So, is google gonna pay Bach some royalties or what?
I heard they tried to locate him, but he disappeared, and never answered back. Also, the editor closed activity already.

I also heard he is a very enigmatic person, always working, no social life (it seems he didn't even know who is Kanye West, allegedly the best musician in the world). He earned a few awards but never appeared to receive them. The industry guys are really pissed with him.

Oh, and he is a very religious guy... can you believe it?
Fernando (FMR)

It begins...

lol, my melody was trash and the harmonization really magnified it!! awesome work AI, picking out the real turds 8)

fmr wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2019 10:37 pm
telecode wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2019 10:06 pm So, is google gonna pay Bach some royalties or what?
I heard they tried to locate him, but he disappeared, and never answered back. Also, the editor closed activity already.

I also heard he is a very enigmatic person, always working, no social life (it seems he didn't even know who is Kanye West, allegedly the best musician in the world). He earned a few awards but never appeared to receive them. The industry guys are really pissed with him.

Oh, and he is a very religious guy... can you believe it?
nawww.. i think he's playing some metal fest in the middle of hickerville

Gear & Setup: Windows 10, Dual Xeon, 32GB RAM, Cubase 10.5/9.5, NI Komplete Audio 6, NI Maschine, NI Jam, NI Kontakt

it does explain how bach wrote his music; help from a google A.I. (i'd always suspected as much)

fisherKing wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2019 12:24 pm it does explain how bach wrote his music; help from a google A.I. (i'd always suspected as much)
What's interesting about the doodle is it reveals the weakness of AI. The algorithm can't actually tell if what it spewed out actually sounds good or not. Hence they have make the little happy faces feedback icon to ask a human whether it sounds good or not to them.

:clap:

telecode wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2019 1:22 pm
fisherKing wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2019 12:24 pm it does explain how bach wrote his music; help from a google A.I. (i'd always suspected as much)
What's interesting about the doodle is it reveals the weakness of AI. The algorithm can't actually tell if what it spewed out actually sounds good or not. Hence they have make the little happy faces feedback icon to ask a human whether it sounds good or not to them.

:clap:
ha, just like humans, who can't tell if something sounds good or not (hence a world of opinions). so the happy faces are our saviours...

This is a fun tool!

Can't save MIDI though. When pressing on the MIDI icon I just get an audible click and the icon expands and shrinks like it's shrugging. :shrug:

Do others here get a file save popup? It fails in both Firefox and Edge browsers.

I've just co-created a masterpiece and want to bring it into my DAW!

:harp:

Clicking on the amp takes him bach :hihi: in time to the 80's :tu:

PierreG wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2019 4:26 pm This is a fun tool!

Can't save MIDI though. When pressing on the MIDI icon I just get an audible click and the icon expands and shrinks like it's shrugging. :shrug:

Do others here get a file save popup? It fails in both Firefox and Edge browsers.

I've just co-created a masterpiece and want to bring it into my DAW!

:harp:
i downloaded the midi file without issue, opened it in logic... it's 4-parts. very cool...

fisherKing wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2019 5:44 pm i downloaded the midi file without issue, opened it in logic... it's 4-parts. very cool...
What browser are you using?

Return to “Instruments”