SampleTank 4 on the way

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
SampleTank SampleTank 3 SampleTank 4 SampleTank 4 MAX SampleTank 4 SE SampleTank Custom Shop

Also note the following download change:

Multiple file download functionality has been added to the User Area Sounds Download UI. You now can select multiple files from a list and download at once.

SJ_Digriz wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2019 6:34 pm Just search for KS in the search box
Thank you! Great idea! Just found 'em that way, thanks!

Should we install the 1.3 instrument update before installing the 4.03 update?

i just tested out the acoustics. the keyswitched solo stuff lacks expressiveness (limited articulations for legato etc. - you can't do many things dedicated Kontakt/UVI libraries would have), but holy shit strumming sounds awesome. i love ST4 acoustics so far, and the strummer is brilliant!

(i'm lacking all presets for strummer though)
I don't know what to write here that won't be censored, as I can only speak in profanity.

Peter - IK Multimedia wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2019 7:22 pm
DrumAddict wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2019 5:39 pm the 4.0.3 update
Added March 4 2019: ST3 Multi with Imported Legacy Instruments / Sample Fails to Load [will be fixed in 4.0.3]
not resolved here , same as before .
Added March 13 2019: Heavy resource usage [Settings to be added to decrease resource footprint]
the ST4 Ram usage without loading any instruments are now 1,425 GB , which are less than before , but imho are still too much .
Sorry to hear you are still having issues. As recommended above, please report any issues that are not resolved with this update directly to IK Support via a new or existing ticket and they will surely assist you with the issue(s). Thank you.

Note that these are the official notes from 4.0.3:

What’s New
Changes from version 4.0.2:
• Improved memory and processor usage.
• Added a Streaming tab in Settings.
• Fixed an issue with crashes on FL Studio macOS.
• Fixed an issue with infrequent crashes on VST, AAX, and Standalone.
• Fixed an issue with possible missing font on Windows.
• Fixed an issue with authorization.
• Fixed an issue with recognizing the current ST3 path at first launch.
• Fixed graphic artefacts while resizing window within a host.
• Fixed an issue with automation defaults within a host.
• Fixed Strummer steps sync within a host at first load.
• Fixed an issue with instrument saving due to unsupported characters.
• Added a brief install guide post installation.
• Improved the search responsiveness in the Phraser.
• Fixed an issue with loading ST3 Multis that include imported legacy instruments.
• Improved visual feedback for database rescan.
• A Sound Library Update 1.3 is available. This fixes various typos, macro errors and Multi and sample issues and includes additional Multis. Please download and install the Sound Library Update 1.3 available in your SampleTank 4 Sound Downloads dropdown menu.
• General reliability improvements.

(also make sure you run the 1.3 sound library update)
i did updated it correctly

"Fixed an issue with loading ST3 Multis that include imported legacy instruments."

its the same as before and it dont work which is also reported here from another user just one page back :
Multi's still NOT WORKING for SampleMoog (and SampleTron, though there's only 1 multi for it), after just now installing sound update 1.3, ST4 v 4.0.3, and Sound Library Update 1.3. The "Loading..." windows appear one after the other for each sound in the multi, but the sounds don't get loaded.

Multi's ARE working for Miroslav Multi's.
i dont want report it to support , as i have no mood to wait for another 7 workdays to hear from the support .

as you already know i manged it by myselves with an text editor to write the correct path .

Peter - IK Multimedia wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2019 7:26 pm You now can select multiple files from a list and download at once.
Brilliant! I was just about to embark upon the download ordeal the hard way, so this is *just* in time. :tu:

i've went through every single patch in SampleTank 4 MAX. nothing crashes any more. there are some issues which i've reported to IK support, but, given a clean slate, all patches load. i didn't test Multis or imported patches yet, but everything in ST4 loads. that's a good start. ST4 itself is way more stable now than when i last tested it.

however, it still crashes the entire system if i load more than 3 instances of SampleTank. somehow it manages to eat up the entire system memory, even though task manager says only 12GB is in use (i have 32GB RAM).
I don't know what to write here that won't be censored, as I can only speak in profanity.

So you can load Black LP Full and then Red Strat Full without Sampletank crashing or not playing any notes?

Talvin wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2019 10:49 pm So you can load Black LP Full and then Red Strat Full without Sampletank crashing or not playing any notes?
no, that i can't - but i can if i load them in a fresh SampleTank instance. i've reported the crashes to support, together with a video of these crashes actually happening (as well as the out-of-memory crash). this will hopefully get fixed with the next update. last time i used ST4 it was far more unstable than it is now, and crashed way more often - now it's pretty much only these two scenarios (switching between sounds, and loading more than three ST4 instances). now that i know when it crashes, i can at least use it :D

Just got an update on my support ticket logged 6 business days ago. It says my issue with missing drum kits in ST4 standard is resolved with the new update. This is by far the longest I've ever had to wait for IK support, so I would guess they are pretty back logged at the moment. I will report back on whether my issue is actually fixed.

can someone try the Strings/Basses/Basses Pizzicato patch please. It crashes when I try to load it here. It should be the patch right before Basses Scoops Long .. which gives me a file not found error even thought the file is there. But for now, can anyone load the pizzicato patch?
If you have to ask, you can't afford the answer

dmbaer wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2019 8:54 pm
Peter - IK Multimedia wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2019 7:26 pm You now can select multiple files from a list and download at once.
Brilliant! I was just about to embark upon the download ordeal the hard way, so this is *just* in time. :tu:
This is better, for sure, but still pushing forward for a full download manager type of solution here too. This does help, so it is a step in the right direction.

I can also confirm that 4.0.3 still crashes if you load/unload presets. I've basically been going down arrow/right arrow to load every preset in the ST4 library as quickly as possible. I can go between 5 and 10 loads before it goes poof.
If you have to ask, you can't afford the answer

Mkdaws32@gmail.com wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2019 11:02 pm Just got an update on my support ticket logged 6 business days ago. It says my issue with missing drum kits in ST4 standard is resolved with the new update. This is by far the longest I've ever had to wait for IK support, so I would guess they are pretty back logged at the moment. I will report back on whether my issue is actually fixed.
Unfortunately, the missing standard edition samples are still missing after the update. Contacted support again. :(

SJ_Digriz wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2019 11:09 pm can someone try the Strings/Basses/Basses Pizzicato patch please. It crashes when I try to load it here. It should be the patch right before Basses Scoops Long .. which gives me a file not found error even thought the file is there. But for now, can anyone load the pizzicato patch?
Working fine here in Max version.

Return to “Instruments”