2019 a year in gear (what have you/are you bought/buying?)

Anything about hardware musical instruments.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

well, filters, even there ive not spent a great deal.
the borg was my only purchase over 100 quid.
then the doepfer wasp :love: and the bastl cinnamon (x2) also :love:
both around 80/85 quid, new. ebay, the wasp comes up now and then...

obviously, it can get expensive, im just saying it doesn't have to, a single rack of utility and one or two filters, plus the two toys youll already have. plenty of scope for fun.

throw maybe the koma fx on for good measure :hihi: (the spring reverb is lush)[the pt delay is effing great!]

im thinking of adding a half size unpowered frame for some multis and attenuators.
then on the rack after the soma is added ill have about 70 hp left to play with.
clouds2 (or 1 if I see one cheap enough) and hopefully a cvlization...

just don't watch any vids for erbe verb or morphagene :hihi:

vurt wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2019 4:49 pm just don't watch any vids for erbe verb or morphagene :hihi:
Trying to keep away from the junky videos (JunkyXL) but...
I have a bit of a dilemma... we know we're all gear junkies and I don't like selling gear, I have sold too much that,even if I rarely used, would still like. For instance I used to have a pair of Neve 2254 compressors and pair old original DBX160s and other things...
I still have my Neumann KM54 valve mic from the 60's (bought cheap early 80s, when big studios were going digital) that I just like having... but then I think what it could transform to in modern gear...
We will see... no rush, gonna enjoy Neutron/0-coast for a day or 2 first
:lol:

I still have no filters or effects in eurorack. Although, I am waiting for the next batch of ES-8s to ship, so I can order some stuff. That and likely the strymon magneto and some sort of filter. Anyway, you can get by with a minimal setup pretty well using software to fill the gaps. I use cherry’s VM as it works well with even an inexpensive sequencer like the SQ-1 to serve as a bridge. Something like that should work well for the neutron and the 0-Coast as well.

Thanx for feedback pekbro...
If I remember correctly you also have a makenoise unit (I forget which though). I do use software in my setup, VCV_Rack and it works fine to an extent. For sure all this is, for me, an exciting adventure.. started in 1967...
what are the words.. "many roads to travel"
nah it was HARD road.. with soft sun melted tarmac
Aah, oh oh
Aah, oh oh - one more thing

I dream of a synth
Far beyond the sea
Where there is love and peace
And joy for me
Oh, in my eyes I see sounds
And rhythms for me
But destiny where it leads me
I must go, hey

almost..
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9kqchq1lNWc

:nutter:

toonertik wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2019 11:53 pm Thanx for feedback pekbro...
If I remember correctly you also have a makenoise unit (I forget which though).
Yeah I have the MN Cartesian, a lot of which is based on the 0-Coast interestingly.
Except it costs 4x as much :cry:

An additional step sequencer is always a great investment I think. Particularly
for something like the 0-coast.

I like the SQ-1, it's well built and heavy enough that you don't have to hold it down
when connecting or removing cables and it's not gonna move around.
Sadly, it only has cv out (one of the reasons I'm getting the ES-8). You can
drive it's clock though, for that I use Wogglebug which is awesome imho.

:D

A 'nut extender'.. :hihi: I just liked the name...

http://www.guitarbitz.com/guitar-parts- ... nder-p2926

Got it on an old acoustic -makes a hell of a difference for slide playing. I'm still shite at it, but can't blame the frets any more.

JCJR wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2019 3:47 pmThat looks fabulous. There may be sufficient empty rack space to add a small but adequate antigravity processor while still leaving room for a capable hyperspace jump controller! :)
toonertik wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2019 3:28 pmI came here with great joy to announce my purchase today of a Make Noise o-coast to compliment my Neutron...
Nice, I think they'd be a fun combo :tu:

The Sensel Morph arrived last week, and they were kind enough to send the developer cable that I initially forgot to order under the same free postage as my original order, (instead of $20 postage for a $14 cable) so I got that midweek.
And my Volca Modular arrived today.
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

I don't 'plan' on buying any more VSTs this year as I am spending more time with hardware, but I did by 'Zone' (which is really fun)

https://www.audiaire.com/

I will keep my Bitwig upgrade plan live as they keep delivering interesting stuff. I Will also upgrade Scuffam S Gear (if it ever comes out) but I cant think that I need anything else at all, so something really revolutionary will have to come out to tempt me on the software side....

I will buy the Behringer Odyssey as soon as it hits the stores and am really looking forward to getting it, I sold my KARP with mini keys as soon as I heard this was coming, so its been a long wait!
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

access virus b + ti2 , m-audio venom, novation super bass station, yamaha dx9 are the results of 2019 so far :)

Just ordered one of these. It's the cheapest one I can find with MIDI. Was going to go completely ITB with lighting control but I can only move one slider at a time with a mouse, and can't be bothered mapping knobs/sliders on my MIDI keyboard.

whyterabbyt wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2019 10:26 am The Sensel Morph arrived last week, and they were kind enough to send the developer cable that I initially forgot to order under the same free postage as my original order, (instead of $20 postage for a $14 cable) so I got that midweek.
And my Volca Modular arrived today.
How are you finding the Volca Modular?
"I was wondering if you'd like to try Magic Mushrooms"
"Oooh I dont know. Sounds a bit scary"
"It's not scary. You just lose a sense of who you are and all that sh!t"

Nothing. I think there's enough freeware that can make music sound just as good as with payware.

I don't think anyone can hear the difference. It is only a question of how good a person can handle the programs.

^ this is the hardware forum, freeware hardware is tricky, no?

Return to “Hardware (Instruments and Effects)”