SampleTank 4 on the way

VST, AU, AAX, etc. plug-in Virtual Instruments discussion
User avatar
Burillo
KVRAF
3374 posts since 15 Nov, 2006 from Hell

Post Thu Mar 21, 2019 4:13 pm

SJ_Digriz wrote:
Thu Mar 21, 2019 3:16 pm
I can also confirm that 4.0.3 still crashes if you load/unload presets. I've basically been going down arrow/right arrow to load every preset in the ST4 library as quickly as possible. I can go between 5 and 10 loads before it goes poof.
Yup, same here. I've reported this to support, so hopefully they see the problem is widespread and try and fix it.
From Russia with love

Bippo
KVRist
56 posts since 1 Mar, 2019

Re: SampleTank 4 on the way

Post Thu Mar 21, 2019 5:10 pm

Peter - IK Multimedia wrote:
Thu Mar 21, 2019 11:20 am
Bippo wrote:
Thu Mar 21, 2019 10:17 am
Installed 4.03 update + 1.3 sound library update.
I gave it 3 attempts: crashed each time after I switched preset.

Peter: I bought this product a month ago and it still doesn't work, even after your company's third "fix".
What should I do know? Should I demand a full refund?
I'm waiting for your answer.
Sorry to hear you are still having issues. Have you been working with IK Support directly? If not, I'd suggest doing so via http://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-support and if you are please reply to your ticket and let them know you are still having issues and I'm sure they can assist you and get you up and running.
I don't want to work with IK Support, I already have a job, thank you.
I'm not interested in being your tester, your company should hire people to do that job.

There are multiple users here reporting the same issues I reported, and your third fix didn't fix it.
I see a lot of people here saying your support department barely respond or just give dumb responses that doesn't really matter (see what Mkdaws32@gmail.com wrote, for instance, he waited 6 days for you to tell him that the 4.03 will fix his problem, but it didn't) and I ain't gonna fall for this route.

This is a very simple situation: I bought your product and it doesn't work.
I waited a month and tried 3 patches you released, none of it made the product usuable, therefore, just as I would be going to a shop to return them an unusuable clock/tv/computer/etc and get my full payment back, I want the same with you.
Especially after I tried 3 different "solutions" your company offered (the 0.1/0.2/0.3 patches).

I hope we can solve it quickly and efficiently, no lawyers involved, just an unsatisfied customer with a non-working product and a credible company that understand that the customer didn't got what he payed for.

I want a full refund because I can't do anything with st4, it doesn't work and I didn't get any value for my money. What should I do know? Do I need to send your company an email? Contact you from the IK website? Just tell me what to do, I ain't gonna play games with your support department, I don't have time for this and I've wasted enough time already and it didn't help other customers as well. So please tell me how I can get a refund, thank you.

User avatar
SJ_Digriz
KVRAF
5942 posts since 5 Jul, 2001 from Just about .... there

Re: SampleTank 4 on the way

Post Thu Mar 21, 2019 5:56 pm

Burillo wrote:
Thu Mar 21, 2019 4:12 pm
SJ_Digriz wrote:
Thu Mar 21, 2019 3:09 pm
can someone try the Strings/Basses/Basses Pizzicato patch please. It crashes when I try to load it here. It should be the patch right before Basses Scoops Long .. which gives me a file not found error even thought the file is there. But for now, can anyone load the pizzicato patch?
Working fine here in Max version.
I'm on max but it crashes everytime I try to load that patch. Thanks for checking. Something must be corrupt. What a shocker.
If you have to ask, you can't afford the answer

Spin Boyz
KVRist
414 posts since 1 Jul, 2007

Re: SampleTank 4 on the way

Post Thu Mar 21, 2019 7:38 pm

4.03 managed to do something I have never seen on my system. It crashed Reaper. Reaper just vanished when I tried to load a patch. It also crashed S1 v4 multiple times. ST4 has some issues. It’s unusable for me in its current state.

HM
KVRist
448 posts since 14 Aug, 2001 from DK

Re: SampleTank 4 on the way

Post Fri Mar 22, 2019 12:58 am

Bippo wrote:
Thu Mar 21, 2019 5:10 pm
Peter - IK Multimedia wrote:
Thu Mar 21, 2019 11:20 am
Bippo wrote:
Thu Mar 21, 2019 10:17 am
Installed 4.03 update + 1.3 sound library update.
I gave it 3 attempts: crashed each time after I switched preset.

Peter: I bought this product a month ago and it still doesn't work, even after your company's third "fix".
What should I do know? Should I demand a full refund?
I'm waiting for your answer.
Sorry to hear you are still having issues. Have you been working with IK Support directly? If not, I'd suggest doing so via http://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-support and if you are please reply to your ticket and let them know you are still having issues and I'm sure they can assist you and get you up and running.
I don't want to work with IK Support, I already have a job, thank you.
I'm not interested in being your tester, your company should hire people to do that job.

There are multiple users here reporting the same issues I reported, and your third fix didn't fix it.
I see a lot of people here saying your support department barely respond or just give dumb responses that doesn't really matter (see what Mkdaws32@gmail.com wrote, for instance, he waited 6 days for you to tell him that the 4.03 will fix his problem, but it didn't) and I ain't gonna fall for this route.

This is a very simple situation: I bought your product and it doesn't work.
I waited a month and tried 3 patches you released, none of it made the product usuable, therefore, just as I would be going to a shop to return them an unusuable clock/tv/computer/etc and get my full payment back, I want the same with you.
Especially after I tried 3 different "solutions" your company offered (the 0.1/0.2/0.3 patches).

I hope we can solve it quickly and efficiently, no lawyers involved, just an unsatisfied customer with a non-working product and a credible company that understand that the customer didn't got what he payed for.

I want a full refund because I can't do anything with st4, it doesn't work and I didn't get any value for my money. What should I do know? Do I need to send your company an email? Contact you from the IK website? Just tell me what to do, I ain't gonna play games with your support department, I don't have time for this and I've wasted enough time already and it didn't help other customers as well. So please tell me how I can get a refund, thank you.
Fell you pain ,... what a mess

Not only a full refund but also compensation for lost time would be fair

Maybe it could be considered to gather a larger group, and taking legal steps, together hire a
lawyer, is this possible ?

I don't think IK will refund you, they give a damm, if they had good intentions, moral, and competence, this product was never released in the first place.

Its obviously not even on beta-level yet

Premature releases, even pre-sales on premature stuff, big group-sales, etc, sometimes it leaves the impression they are simply constant on the edge financially
HM

Bippo
KVRist
56 posts since 1 Mar, 2019

Re: SampleTank 4 on the way

Post Fri Mar 22, 2019 2:37 am

If it will be necessary, going for a class action is a possible solution, in that case we shall not seek just a full refund but also a compensation. Given the ridiculously large group of people in this thread alone which got ripped off with this constantly crashing, unusable product, it's a definite loss for IK.

If IK have any moral, they should suggest on their behalf a full refund for every and each customer who can't use ST4. It's been over a month and 3 patches, and tons of people still can't use this product even after investing more than enough of their share of time and money.

I hope they will take the better path and suggest refunds, otherwise taking legal actions will be inevitable.

User avatar
SJ_Digriz
KVRAF
5942 posts since 5 Jul, 2001 from Just about .... there

Re: SampleTank 4 on the way

Post Fri Mar 22, 2019 6:35 am

YAY CLASS ACTION! We can all be hundredairs! Until the lawyers get their cut ... I'm sure they'll be lining up for their chance at several hundred dollars.
If you have to ask, you can't afford the answer

SLiC
KVRAF
3404 posts since 2 Dec, 2004 from North Wales

Re: SampleTank 4 on the way

Post Fri Mar 22, 2019 7:00 am

It may help if the people who are having problems post what O/S they are on and how to get the crash to happen. I know some have, I am happy to try and reproduce the crashes, it seem to have been quite stable for me so far (touch wood) other than the odd preset not loading.

If I was a developer I would want to know what the problems are that are reproducible for everyone, and what the problems are with particular configurations of computers.
i7 Win 10 + Surface, BWS, StudioOne 4, X32 Desk. Rubicon R8s, DM12, P8, Virus TI, Syst1m, 500hp Eurorack, Elektron A4, RYTM, OT, Heat, Digitone, MPC Live, OP-Z, Mother+DFAM, Drums, Guitars, Basses and Amps

User avatar
Burillo
KVRAF
3374 posts since 15 Nov, 2006 from Hell

Re: SampleTank 4 on the way

Post Fri Mar 22, 2019 7:22 am

for me, there are two main circumstances where crashes happen. i'm on Windows 10, and using REAPER.

scenario 1: switch to folder mode in the library, and go to SampleTank 4 -> Guitars -> Electric -> Black LP, and start going patch by patch. at some point SampleTank will crash on switching to a new patch. rinse and repeat until it happens.

scenario 2: load four instances of SampleTank 4 VST3 in REAPER: instant crash.
From Russia with love

rrichard63
KVRist
234 posts since 14 Oct, 2013 from San Francisco Bay Aea

Re: SampleTank 4 on the way

Post Fri Mar 22, 2019 7:27 am

zzz00m wrote:
Tue Mar 19, 2019 7:36 am
So I am a bit puzzled how the IK marketing team came to the conclusion that we needed an additional 20GB of sampled synths tossed in to the ST4 deal? I tried to avoid downloading the ST4 synth installers, but then most of the SM4 multis failed to load correctly as a result, due to some dependencies on the various synth library samples.

I will admit that many of the multis are interesting, but the individual synths used in them may be plain vanilla sounding by themselves. I would trade that 20GB for more real instrument samples. Just my two cents ...
Exactly. Thanks for putting this so well.

User avatar
Peter - IK Multimedia
KVRAF
6295 posts since 20 Oct, 2009

Re: SampleTank 4 on the way

Post Fri Mar 22, 2019 7:44 am

DrumAddict wrote:
Thu Mar 21, 2019 9:39 am
Added March 13 2019: Heavy resource usage [Settings to be added to decrease resource footprint]
the ST4 Ram usage without loading any instruments are now 1,425 GB , which are less than before , but imho are still too much .
There are optimizations built in, but also settings that are new that will allow you to further adjust and improve resource usage. Have you tried those too? You may get better results using those settings too. Thanks!
UNO Synth tutorial videos
Follow IK on Facebook for flash giveaways, exclusives, and more.
SampleTank 4 announced and available for pre-order.

SLiC
KVRAF
3404 posts since 2 Dec, 2004 from North Wales

Re: SampleTank 4 on the way

Post Fri Mar 22, 2019 7:50 am

Burillo wrote:
Fri Mar 22, 2019 7:22 am
for me, there are two main circumstances where crashes happen. i'm on Windows 10, and using REAPER.

scenario 1: switch to folder mode in the library, and go to SampleTank 4 -> Guitars -> Electric -> Black LP, and start going patch by patch. at some point SampleTank will crash on switching to a new patch. rinse and repeat until it happens.

scenario 2: load four instances of SampleTank 4 VST3 in REAPER: instant crash.

I just loaded ten ST4 MAX in Bitwig all playing sounds, so looks like scenario 2 is an issue local to Reaper.
i7 Win 10 + Surface, BWS, StudioOne 4, X32 Desk. Rubicon R8s, DM12, P8, Virus TI, Syst1m, 500hp Eurorack, Elektron A4, RYTM, OT, Heat, Digitone, MPC Live, OP-Z, Mother+DFAM, Drums, Guitars, Basses and Amps

SLiC
KVRAF
3404 posts since 2 Dec, 2004 from North Wales

Re: SampleTank 4 on the way

Post Fri Mar 22, 2019 7:59 am

Burillo wrote:
Thu Mar 21, 2019 4:13 pm
SJ_Digriz wrote:
Thu Mar 21, 2019 3:16 pm
I can also confirm that 4.0.3 still crashes if you load/unload presets. I've basically been going down arrow/right arrow to load every preset in the ST4 library as quickly as possible. I can go between 5 and 10 loads before it goes poof.
Yup, same here. I've reported this to support, so hopefully they see the problem is widespread and try and fix it.
I just did this about 30 times, no crash. Also did it with the guitars (LP) - big boys - no crash.

This is system specific - are you both on Reaper?

Win 10, X64 16M RAM, i7 - tried with BWS and Studio One.

Settings: Streaming Preload and Multiplier both set to medium.
Last edited by SLiC on Fri Mar 22, 2019 8:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
i7 Win 10 + Surface, BWS, StudioOne 4, X32 Desk. Rubicon R8s, DM12, P8, Virus TI, Syst1m, 500hp Eurorack, Elektron A4, RYTM, OT, Heat, Digitone, MPC Live, OP-Z, Mother+DFAM, Drums, Guitars, Basses and Amps

Bippo
KVRist
56 posts since 1 Mar, 2019

Re: SampleTank 4 on the way

Post Fri Mar 22, 2019 8:01 am

SLiC wrote:
Fri Mar 22, 2019 7:00 am
It may help if the people who are having problems post what O/S they are on and how to get the crash to happen. I know some have, I am happy to try and reproduce the crashes, it seem to have been quite stable for me so far (touch wood) other than the odd preset not loading.

If I was a developer I would want to know what the problems are that are reproducible for everyone, and what the problems are with particular configurations of computers.
A professional company usually test their product on all major O/S and daws available (trust me, there aren't that much) before launching their pompous pre-order campaign.
Every competent company that release software has a QA department whose purpose is to detect possible bugs and report it with as much details to the development team.

Apparently, IK doesn't think that having a competent QA department is necessary, which is why this thread (100+ pages long) is full of aspiring producers wasting their time on fighting a rushed, defective program instead of using it. Seriously, if I bought st4 on a store, I would just went back to that store and give it back and get my money. That's the luxory of being a virtual store, you can f**k up your customers and avoid all the ricochets.

However, there should be no tolerance for such contempt towards customers, dosen't matter if it's an online store or real one.
I decided I'm going to demand a full refund, I won't hesitate to take legal action if necessary.

DrumAddict
KVRist
448 posts since 3 Jun, 2012

Re: SampleTank 4 on the way

Post Fri Mar 22, 2019 8:12 am

Peter - IK Multimedia wrote:
Fri Mar 22, 2019 7:44 am
DrumAddict wrote:
Thu Mar 21, 2019 9:39 am
Added March 13 2019: Heavy resource usage [Settings to be added to decrease resource footprint]
the ST4 Ram usage without loading any instruments are now 1,425 GB , which are less than before , but imho are still too much .
There are optimizations built in, but also settings that are new that will allow you to further adjust and improve resource usage. Have you tried those too? You may get better results using those settings too. Thanks!
sure but these optimization settings are if you load instruments to set preload buffer . but 1,425 GB memory usage are if you load ST4 without doing anything . so you probably understand it wrong what i meant .

Sampletank 3 = 470,2 MB
Sampletank 4 = 1,426 GB

again startup memory usage without doing anything , and this are the comparsion between version 3 and 4 .

and imo you dont needs to wonder when it crashes if you load a few instances of ST 4 with serveral instruments , it crashes because it use to much memory . im lucky a little bit to have 32 GB Ram , but there are user which have less Ram .

i would also like to know what the IKM Developer/Coder have done with the ST3 legacy Multi (Sampletank 2 Multi Import) load as its marked as resolved and i have described here a few pages back what the problem are . and it still does not work , just only if you edit the multis with an text editor about the path , but i already said this .

i´m on Win 10 latest build btw .

dont know if other user see or have the same , as ive seen it only a few times reported here .

Return to “Instruments”