March Contest: Gossip

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I don't think so. Sounds more like the sub sound/mechanical room isn't really a true key combined with it's reverb just conflicts with the notes of the bass. Couldn't put my finger on it. Solo your room and low-end with bass and post up a link if you want.

Thanks for the reply. After a comparative listen between the streamed audio and the mp3 there is definitively something added in the low end that makes the track sound "boomier" and uglier out of SoundCloud. :?

Not saying that my track does not have its own flaws, tho. It's largely perfectible, of course. For starters I should have removed the kick with delay when the bass plays.

What LUFS did you mix/master to? All providers now I think are turning things down. -14LUFS is what I shoot for these days. I don't think you can even host that smoking hot -.1 db cd mix anywhere. You looked like you had plenty of dynamic range though. Actually Soundcloud says they don't normalize so the file you upload is the same as you download. Not sure about stream play though...they do encode it to MP3 but I don't hear the difference encoding. Have you tried downloading to compare to your original?

I'm out - mucho distractions this month . . .

fwiw, I've started lessons with a vocal teacher
expert only on what it feels like to be me
https://soundcloud.com/mrnatural-1/tracks

Mister Natural wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 3:07 am fwiw, I've started lessons with a vocal teacher
That's great. I wish I could, too.

Tbase2000 wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2019 6:34 pm Have you tried downloading to compare to your original?
Yes I have and that's why I dare say there is a difference.

Tbase2000 wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2019 6:34 pm Not sure about stream play though...they do encode it to MP3 but I don't hear the difference encoding.
Soundcloud encoding is f**king appalling. It's still 128kbps but if if you compare it to something like Bandcamp it's like night and day. It's particularity noticeable on top end stuff like acoustic guitars so I can't use it as the warbling makes things sound awful.

donkey tugger wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 8:30 am
Tbase2000 wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2019 6:34 pm Not sure about stream play though...they do encode it to MP3 but I don't hear the difference encoding.
Soundcloud encoding is f**king appalling. It's still 128kbps but if if you compare it to something like Bandcamp it's like night and day. It's particularity noticeable on top end stuff like acoustic guitars so I can't use it as the warbling makes things sound awful.
I agree. At least on my mixes :hyper: Plays with top and bottom end.

Some folks seem to have mastered the tips and techniques (e.g., plug-ins with specific settings, compression, eq and total volume, file export setting nuances, etc.) to master for Soundlcoud...but I ain't one of them. Just make music. :party:

Nothing wrong with a little bottom end play. Join Soundcloud now. :)

Was hoping to put something together for the contest this month. After three weeks working on the music laptop I haven't touched in 3 years (aside from playing Civ 6 on it).... I have set up regular backups so that when I do write new music, I won't ever lose it and I have organized my VST and VST3 collection. Twice. :neutral:
GLHF! (Gandalf Lives, Hobbits Forever!)

it looks like something's different in SoundCloud rules.
Download button disappeared and I've been asked to log in
(I don't have an account... I will try again tomorrow or ask some friend who is registered...)
:scared:

Return to “Music Cafe”