Is there a stand-alone sample slicer that exports each slice as its own file?

How to do this, that and the other. Share, learn, teach. How did X do that? How can I sound like Y?
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Ok so for lots of sound design duties, what I tend to do is turn on a modular synthesizer and just twiddle knobs and make all kind of crazy sounds as one big take. I then usually take these sounds into Ableton and make a sliced drum kit, but I'd rather slice them and save them as one shot sounds so I can use these sample libraries for other tools such as Reaktor.

Is there a Wave editor for MAC that can let me apply slices to a file, and then export EACH sliced sound as it's own file?

Cheers and TIA

I wonder if this should probably be posted in the sampling forum, not sure so MODs feel free to move it if you want.
:borg:

Sound Forge does this on PC. I've heard that the Mac version is still supposed to be a more or less a cut down version of it, though no idea to what extent, if true at all.
The GAS is always greener on the other side!

Have no explicit software suggestion but go here often
http://www.hitsquad.com/smm/

Why not use Ableton itself? Slice to MIDI.. in the resulting drum rack double click a slice to open the sampler.. then right click the slice and crop. Said slice is now saved to project\samples\processed\crop. Also any trimming etc can be done in the sampler before "crop"... simple ))))

Return to “Production Techniques”